Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Garfu posted:

A little late but fwiw that Amouranth mod chat log was fake

Was it confirmed fake? The guy who posted it was one of her mods, went on a crazy rant on twitter about it, and tried to get twitch to refund his $13,000. All of which were real.

Googling it, she says that the chat log is fake, but the situation did happen. The mod says that it was real.

So, it probably is fake.

Garfu posted:

and she's still incredibly popular

Yeah. Losing 7 million subscribers when you have 39 million is a big drop, but that is still 32 million subscribers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Moneyball posted:

Leon, wrong thread. You're posting that in the BAD with money thread again.

Giving up her payslaves because they are too profitable is BWM.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yeah. Losing 7 million subscribers when you have 39 million is a big drop, but that is still 32 million subscribers.

This is just OldManYellsAtSky.jpg, but I wanted to see how 39 million subscribers stacked up against other streamers.

An anime girl has 72 million.

A Korean boy band has more than the entire population of Korea.

A livestream of a bear in the zoo has more subscribers than Trump's twitter feed.

A livestream of an AI playing digital music with no lyrics has roughly the same amount of subscribers as 50% of the U.S. population.

PewdiePie has more subscribers than the population any single nation in Europe.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 3, 2020

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Moneyball posted:

Back to camgirl chat. I think the self-promotion has extended past online dating sites, because I just received a random follow on Goodreads from a very attractive girl with 0 reviews.

I got one of those last week. It's infecting every platform at this point.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Residency Evil posted:

My goal is to get sexual gratification from saving money.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Done.

I wonder how they opened that conversation.

"Honey, I'm not satisfied with our sex life. What if I got strangers to pay me for sleeping with you?"

lol, at her feeling like their payslave was "a spiritual and special" partner, but her husband ruined the sanctity of that by being excited to get paid.

God drat, I think I found my hero.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
good luck making it as a FinDom in this Bull Market

Umister
Dec 24, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Holy poo poo, I never post but Chris, you're killing it

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
His posting quality over the past year or so has beat the 10 year Lipper Average

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Moneyball posted:

His posting quality over the past year or so has beat the 10 year Lipper Average

past performance is no guarantee of future results &c

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What's the beta?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Moneyball posted:

What's the beta?

:golfclap:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its the lowering of the entertainment rate of profit. cable channel w 32 million subscribers could make like 3 or 4 billionaires but that rate went down 50, 100x w competition and different business structures for streaming. even the platforms have eaten 5, 10x decreases in revenue, they just have comparable valuations because nothing else is growing in the market. prolly it can go down 100x again until there are like 20 peeps making any money off of it in the entire nation, just like writing

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

bob dobbs is dead posted:

its the lowering of the entertainment rate of profit. cable channel w 32 million subscribers could make like 3 or 4 billionaires but that rate went down 50, 100x w competition and different business structures for streaming. even the platforms have eaten 5, 10x decreases in revenue, they just have comparable valuations because nothing else is growing in the market. prolly it can go down 100x again until there are like 20 peeps making any money off of it in the entire nation, just like writing

This is a pet peeve of mine, but if you are specifying declines, can you describe rates better?

A five times decrease in revenue would seem to indicate that we are at revenue that is four times the original revenue, but negative? Unless you are saying revenues are declining five times as fast as some unspecified decline rate?

Or are you saying that it is one fifth to one tenth of the revenue for an 80-90% decline? 1-2% of the original profit for a 98-99% decline?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Books With McElroys

quote:

The Adventure Zone Comic Publishers Come Under Fire for Predatory Artist Contracts

...According to Baumann, freelance artists providing guest pieces for the graphic novels (which are written by the McElroy family and written/illustrated by Carey Pietsch) were paid just $100 for their work to be included. But perhaps even more crucially, artists would not be able to share their work outside of the comic’s publishing for up to three years after its release.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-adventure-zone-comic-publishers-come-under-fire-for-1844908912#replies

BWM: signing a contract for $100 for your work and also agreeing not to talk about it for 3 years.

GWM: Complaining on Twitter later so that you get tons of free advertising, a better contract, and additional money after the product is wildly successful.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Sundae posted:

Had no idea this was the case. I only have the old version from like a decade+ ago plus a translation patch. Sucks if Nicalis did that to him. :(

Partnering with Nicalis is a tremendous BWM story for basically everyone who doesn't manage the publisher. Pixel (the Cave Story guy) got hosed the hardest, signing a contract in a language he didn't speak that took the title and his characters away from him (see also: his next game never went near them and also covered being hosed sideways by your boss, meanwhile Nicalis keeps inserting the CS characters into fighting games or cameos in unrelated games). The list goes on, including one or two cases of Kickstarted titles who signed deals with them that have gone silent (90s Arcade Racer, which the dev has said was done for ages but just never released and he can't say why due to the contract, and I want to say one other person had this issue), terrible behavior by the CEO which probably doesn't deserve a longer touch in this thread, and just all around "a manchild owns a company and small business tyrants it up over anyone who isn't warned away from dealing with him".

The indie game space has a whole new generation of predatory scumbags all angling to be low-tier Bobby Koticks right now and it's loving wild.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

past performance is no guarantee of future results &c
:discourse:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

crazypeltast52 posted:

This is a pet peeve of mine, but if you are specifying declines, can you describe rates better?

A five times decrease in revenue would seem to indicate that we are at revenue that is four times the original revenue, but negative? Unless you are saying revenues are declining five times as fast as some unspecified decline rate?

Or are you saying that it is one fifth to one tenth of the revenue for an 80-90% decline? 1-2% of the original profit for a 98-99% decline?

5x = 1, solve for x

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Moneyball posted:

I feel like a "Best of Chris from BWM" could be a good Comedy Goldmine article, if this hell site ever does anything approaching that sort of thing ever again.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

We've never had any front page content from here as far as I know. I think the best of BWM itself would probably make for a good article

I know I linked it here a while back, but the Comedy Goldmine about someone working at a Rent-a-Center type business is amazing

e: From 2005. I think it's been 15 years since I read anything on the font page, no offense to them

https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/stories-from-renttoown/1/

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 4, 2020

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

I was looking up dumb poo poo for the "Zaurg, but a horse" thread and stumbled upon the best thing ever. https://www.thetechequestrian.com/ is a site that shares tech solutions for horses.

The obligatory Facebook, but for horses

This app will save your horse from dying from seeing an ant

EDIT: Future Horse

Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 4, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tomfoolery posted:

EDIT: Future Horse

D-Horse Sneaking Suit prototype lookin good

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Being a clotheshorse is BWM.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Paging Discendo Vox to explode his brain for a moment...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Only $39.95 to get started, provided you already gave your DNA to another sleazy company first! :haw:

Don't worry though, they have your privacy covered. See, here's straight from their site!

And I'm sure their TOS and Privacy Policies agree with that line. I'll just check and...

Oh.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
You should get a referral code for 20% off if your dna helps to catch a serial killer you’re related to imo

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

But doctor, I am Pagliacci the Zodiac Killer

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

...right.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Y"all are just salty about your lack of T and A.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
A bunch of Trump-supporting boaters have apparently swamped them.

Either they've bought new boats and have no idea how to use them, rented them and had no idea, or bought them and used them so rarely they had no idea.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bryce_Newberry/status/1302318372114313218

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DarkHorse posted:

Either they've bought new boats and have no idea how to use them, rented them and had no idea, or bought them and used them so rarely they had no idea.

This is like when those guys were putting guns to their dicks. Capsizing to own the libs.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

therobit posted:

Y"all are just salty about your lack of T and A.

:golfclap:

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Midjack posted:

This is like when those guys were putting guns to their dicks. Capsizing to own the libs.

As a liberal soyboy I get super triggered when manly MAGAs point loaded guns at their own genitals and I hope they never find out how easily they can own me by doing this enthusiastically and often.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Soylent Pudding posted:

As a liberal soyboy I get super triggered when manly MAGAs point loaded guns at their own genitals and I hope they never find out how easily they can own me by doing this enthusiastically and often.

What the hell is a soyboy. Why is your name Soylent Pudding.

If they blew off their genitals, they can technically own you once right?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

DarkHorse posted:

I want to make jokes about rats and a sinking ship but I don't think they'll abandon his campaign. I guess maybe they are just going down on his ship.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

In lighter BWM news, check out this twitter account if you haven’t seen it already. I don’t know if the videos are serious or not but I’m glad I don’t have to trawl for them either way:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TikTokInvestors

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I decided to generate some thread content and try to time the market with my retirement portfolio. I sold almost everything into a bond fund like a week and a half ago. I'm planning to buy back in within the next year when I think we've hit a low point.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

therobit posted:

I decided to generate some thread content and try to time the market with my retirement portfolio. I sold almost everything into a bond fund like a week and a half ago. I'm planning to buy back in within the next year when I think we've hit a low point.

I'd suggest the probe but it sounds like you're going to be punished enough.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

obi_ant posted:

What the hell is a soyboy.
Chuds are terrified that soy will turn them effeminate because of the plant estrogen in them. (and in case it isn't clear: no soy doesn't actually do that and yes that phrase is mostly used by chuds to insult people they don't think are 'manly' enough)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://mobile.twitter.com/TikTokInvestors/status/1302288255434457089

It's so easy!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

obi_ant posted:

What the hell is a soyboy. Why is your name Soylent Pudding.

If they blew off their genitals, they can technically own you once right?

One ball, one bullet. Otherwise known as a Scalise.

So they can own you twice. 3 times if they go for the twig and the berries.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

Chuds are terrified that soy will turn them effeminate because of the plant estrogen in them. (and in case it isn't clear: no soy doesn't actually do that and yes that phrase is mostly used by chuds to insult people they don't think are 'manly' enough)

also insult asians dont forget that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

quote:

Seeking to capitalize on an impressive growth during the Coronavirus pandemic, Domino's has revealed the results of a $21 million investment and partnership with America's Test Kitchen. In Q2 2020, Domino's said it generated $920 million in quarterly revenue, up 13% from a year earlier.

As Americans opt for delivery and takeout with dine-in options closed in many parts of the country, Domino's is hoping to keep the momentum up by offering new menu items that are unavailable at other national pizza chains. Teaming up with America's Test Kitchen and tripling their research and innovation budget from 2019 in the hopes of hooking new long-time customers.

After 3 months of development and testing, $21 million in new investments, and a partnership with America's most notable mass culinary innovation institute, Domino's is finally ready to release the results.

Whether you're a pizza fiend or an occasional customer, chances are you haven't tried a pizza with toppings like this. Yes, pizza goes well with almost anything piled on top, but this time it's a mashup of Tex-Mex and Italian, which means you're in for quite a taste sensation.

The latest Domino's specials are a chicken taco pizza and a cheeseburger pizza. Both specialty pizzas are being sold for $11.99, and you'll start seeing them on the menu on August 31st. Domino's is hoping you'll take a chance on ordering these since the pizza is "designed for delivery," so the food should taste better in pizza form after being brought to your doorstep, especially when compared to regular tacos and burgers.

The chicken taco pizza comes with American cheese, taco seasoning in place of tomato sauce, grilled chicken, fresh onions, green peppers, diced tomatoes, provolone, and cheddar cheeses. Plus, Domino's will be running a contest on the company's Twitter and Instagram pages. Every Tuesday through September 15th, customers can enter to win a free chicken taco pizza for "Taco Tuesday."

If you're more interested in the cheeseburger pizza, then you should know it comes with a ketchup-mustard sauce, American cheese, fried bread crumbs, fresh onions, diced tomatoes, beef, shredded provolone, and will be topped with cheddar cheese.