Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

kecske posted:

I want to slap together a distinctly average computer for games and that model was recommended to me, but no way am I stumping up that kind of dollar for one

Wait a couple of months and they'll drop massively in price when the new ones arrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

kecske posted:

I want to slap together a distinctly average computer for games and that model was recommended to me, but no way am I stumping up that kind of dollar for one

That's a really weird recommendation because it was the highest end card on release 4 years ago, which means people paid a shitload for it so they don't want to sell it for cheap second hand, but it's not being manufactured anymore so that's the only way to get one. Something like a GTX 1660 Super or a Radeon RX 5600 XT makes a lot more sense if you need to build it right now. Also nvidia have just come out with a new range which will blow everything else out the water and the 3070 will come in sub £500, while being faster than the current high end £1000+ cards (2080Ti), if you want to wait a little while. And that would last you the next generation of gaming pretty much. Come to the pc building megathread in SH/SC if you want more help

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 5, 2020

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

BSG is on iPlayer, looking forward.to watching it again. Probably the greatest sci-fi show until it went mediocre

MR.B
Mar 15, 2007

I am the Owl
I found season 4 to be a bore.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
My day has been devoted to denying others their pleasures

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

The end of bsg loving sucked

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I didn't make it to the end; after New Caprica something in it just died, and I couldn't be bothered continuing.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

kecske posted:

holy moly why the gently caress are GTX 1080s so expensive? is it bitcoin's fault?

Its okay cuz ps5 is coming out soon

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

The arrival of Pegasus is a great moment, and living up to that wasn't going to be possible in the following seasons.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Best and most consistent part of BSG, in hindsight, was the soundtrack. Which was S tier throughout

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

was gonna make a comedic post misinterpreting the acronym "BSG" for something else, but having looked it up on wikipedia there are literally no alternatives funnier than some stupid nerdshit tv thing

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

bear mcreary has done some lovely stuff

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

bonososium glutamate

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Lord of the rings has the best soundtrack,

BSG has quality tunes

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

oh no computer posted:

was gonna make a comedic post misinterpreting the acronym "BSG" for something else, but having looked it up on wikipedia there are literally no alternatives funnier than some stupid nerdshit tv thing

Butt Stuff and Gape

From Jose's Tinder profile

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

Lord of the rings has the best soundtrack,
hans zimmer has the best soundtracks

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
great soundtracks, very big. Folks you won't believe the size of these soundtracks

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Pff, everyone knows that videogames are where the good stuff is at.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Pff, everyone knows that videogames are where the good stuff is at.

NGL, been playing wasteland 3 a lot recently and it has what I can only describe as a goth cover of the Monster Mash, which has been stuck in my head for days.

Also a really good cover of ‘land of confusion’.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i was playing death stranding, then i got distracted by neverwinter nights 2, and now i am distracted by destiny 2

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I like nwn2 even if it's definitely kinda crap

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 6, 2020

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

great soundtracks, very big. Folks you won't believe the size of these soundtracks

Please don't dismiss the Lord of the Ring's music with such mockery. It is a masterpiece of leitmotifs, enhancing each location and character. Eerie music such as Gollum's "Precious Theme" are just things you don't find in other films

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I like a Clint Mansell soundtrack.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I remember mass effect having a very good sound track

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i was playing death stranding, then i got distracted by neverwinter nights 2, and now i am distracted by destiny 2

is it good yet? I stopped playing d2 when it turned out the entirety of the most recent update was 'what if gambit, but outdoors?'

I'm currently playing Pikuniku, it's fun.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
First two seasons of BSG are prob my favourite sci-fi TV but the writers turned the show into diarrhea and made the plot so complicated they couldn't end it so the nonsensical ending hinted that it was god/ghosts/angels or some poo poo ty for watching bye

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

best game soundtrack is a tossup between Bastion and sword and sworcery LP: the ballad of the space babies

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

crispix posted:

First two seasons of BSG are prob my favourite sci-fi TV but the writers turned the show into diarrhea and made the plot so complicated they couldn't end it so the nonsensical ending hinted that it was god/ghosts/angels or some poo poo ty for watching bye

This is fact.

I like that the ending is basically we already found Earth and it was a nuclear wasteland, but we found it again and now its the past!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Do you drink or eat soup

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
You eat everything out of the soup and then drink the leftover broth

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

Do you drink or eat soup

you consume it

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

hemale in pain posted:

Do you drink or eat soup

Is cereal a chunky soup, a broth or stew?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

kecske posted:

is it good yet? I stopped playing d2 when it turned out the entirety of the most recent update was 'what if gambit, but outdoors?'
i am trying to do the grind stage of both malfeasance and thorn before they go as well as the solstice armor

so i profoundly hate it it but also fomo

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

one good thing though is that crucible is making GBS threads out catalysts every few matches so that is nice

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I bit my cheek earlier and now I keep accidentally catching it. poo poo sucks.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Lol Sitting here wondering how to rewind time yet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pistol_Pete posted:

I bit my cheek earlier and now I keep accidentally catching it. poo poo sucks.

condolences, but you're not supposed to sign your posts