Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
so long gay Bowser made more sense in the Mario 64 alpha when the game was still about coaching Bowser then tossing him into the arms of big men so he could go on dates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I walk onto the stage, clear my throat, and lean into the mic and say:

"So long, gay Bowsette"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

So longy bowser is the official line but it was changed to gay bowser later because 90s nycguidovoice complained that they never say longy but say gay a lot

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i hate Mr Driller so much. evil people made this game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kerrzhe posted:

what is an Immersive Sim

it's like an FPS but the combat sucks rear end

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So long gabbagool bowser

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

thank you everyone for the informative posts. i had genuinely never heard the term before

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kerrzhe posted:

thank you everyone for the informative posts. i had genuinely never heard the term before

Yeah "gay bowsie" is slung around on the down low because of its power

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Doug Bowser looking at the engraving on his retirement watch, frowning.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

sayonara, gay bowser...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pasta la vista, gay Bow

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1UZHXB_r6g

See you, gay bowser

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
no one ever says hello gay Bowser

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it's like an FPS but the combat sucks rear end

you're not supposed to fight!!!!! you should use stealth, which also sucks rear end

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you like 0451 games you should check out Spoon River Anthology which is a really interesting book of poetry even if its ultimate theme is "may god see fit to kill me and thus spare me from Ohio"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

dreamless posted:

you're not supposed to fight!!!!! you should use stealth, which also sucks rear end

Or use three lines of dialogue to convince the enemy to let you pass/ransack their poo poo.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Relax Or DIE posted:

no one ever says hello gay Bowser

This is now the canon cause of all Mario games.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ey Bowser, fuhgeddaboutit

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The great song by Studio Killers, Ode to the Bowser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo-EmtXbFRg

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Warhammer 40,000: Necromunda: Underhive Wars is out in 3 hours. Really hoping this is a good game, but going to wait for reviews.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You can't use two colons in a title, it's unseemly

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can't use two colons in a title, it's unseemly

What if it Makes an Emoji?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ive lived with two colons all my life, gently caress you

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It doesn't have 2 colons in the title but I'm thinking now about one of my favorite video game titles, title as in the name, not the game itself.

Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Two things about Suikoden II, I like the moon monsters, and the quack sound effect in the menus.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Khanstant posted:

ive lived with two colons: all my life: gently caress you

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

ive lived with two colons all my life, gently caress you

;_;

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I liked this season of Aggretsuko having a song that’s basically gently caress capitalism and Netflix tweets it without a hint of irony.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
so there's a bug in PoE2 where, if you're playing in turn-based mode (which was added post-launch, and apparently has numerous minor bugs, but this is the first one I've encountered), if you enter combat in town, the guards will always aggro onto you, regardless of who the agressor is

fortunately, killing the guards doesn't affect your reputation (initiating combat against them would, but they joined combat all on their own so that gets skipped) and they aren't that tough but it's still really funny for a minor brawl to turn into human waves of guards rushing at you from all over the map

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
update: it may actually cost you reputation but I wanna be a cool pirate not a lame law-abiding citizen anyways

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Barudak posted:

If you like 0451 games you should check out Spoon River Anthology which is a really interesting book of poetry even if its ultimate theme is "may god see fit to kill me and thus spare me from Ohio"

A narrative, allegorical poem about a man stacking cardboard boxes to get onto the lights hanging from the ceiling, and finding a medkit hidden up there, which he’s already full up on... The medkit is his inability to be happy

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
chip's got a gamer chair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFInbp6rPq0

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Saw that in my YT, and I’m super excited

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I love everything about Chip's content except the games he chooses to play for the last like 4 years but Ill stay subscribed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

I love everything about Chip's content except the games he chooses to play for the last like 4 years but Ill stay subscribed.

He should just replay blood on the sand over and over

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

A narrative, allegorical poem about a man stacking cardboard boxes to get onto the lights hanging from the ceiling, and finding a medkit hidden up there, which he’s already full up on... The medkit is his inability to be happy

It's your mission to retrieve the plums from the ice-box. you can either use stealth and go through the vents or go loud and blast down your enemies with a shotgun.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i recognize the name but diabeetus was the only old times lper i follow on youtube. why tf did it take him 10 years to play through MGS? is he like screenshotting every few seconds and trying to write an alternate story in a forum post or something?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Khanstant posted:

i recognize the name but diabeetus was the only old times lper i follow on youtube. why tf did it take him 10 years to play through MGS? is he like screenshotting every few seconds and trying to write an alternate story in a forum post or something?

No, the decade long endeavor was the entire mainline series, 1-5, Peace Walker, and Revengeance. It also wasn't all straight through, he had other LPs between them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I just skipped a bit around the new LP alluded to in the video posted. These are some deluxe LPs, I was imagining him just taking 10 years to film self playing through the MGS series, but this is a lot more high effort than uploading a stream of him playing in parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He played three different playthroughs of MGSV to show off different ways of playing the game.