Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Rinkles posted:

after my most recent playthrough i'm leaning towards arcanum just not being a very good game. it's a great premise and some good quests bolted onto a trainwreck.

My father, a man who regularly replays Infinity Engine titles and NWN1 (like, once each yearly) has been trying it for the first time lately and he's come to the same conclusion. I bought it for him around Christmas and all this time later, even with him retiring this year, he's just making no progress and when I asked recently how it was going, all he told me was "This game's too stupid to live".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Khanstant posted:

how often do you even beat games? Not counting games that don't really "end," I think it's the exception for me to get to the intended ending of a game. At the same time, I think I spend a lot more time in a game compared to someone who just beats it normally.
can't believe i missed a game beating discussion!!!

i am probably the outlier in terms of games beaten per year (usually ends up being 150 a year) and it's largely that I don't go out often other than to get food. when i'm not working I just like to play games, that's all. i don't watch too much TV outside of some animation, don't watch streamers much (usually just supergreatfriend). idk

i tend to play for a relatively consistent amount of time each week, so if i play short-length games, i end up being a lot in a month, and if i play long games, then the list is a lot shorter

for example i've been mostly playing divinity original sin this month so i haven't beaten anything yet in september, because it's a very long and very slow game. in that same amount of time i could've beaten 10 2-3 hour games, but that's not what i'm into right now. not after all the itch.io games i played. august was a combination of long (one SW:TOR campaign, mass effect 2, greedfall) and short (ziggurat, everybody's gone to the rapture) so it ended up being a 10 game month.

the main reason i already hit 150 this year was because i had gotten
a) the neo geo mini
b) the turbografx16 mini
c) the itch.io bundle

so this year's been a short game bonanza. i've beaten over 90 games that were 3 hours long or less. basically games that are beaten in one night. some people watch a movie, i beat a game. idk

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

so i will talk about divinity OS since it's been what i've played all of september so far (aside from a couple of hours of nier automata). i'm OK about the combat, i wish it was faster/snappier, the main thing is just how slow the game is in general. you run slowly, the combat is slow, the voice acting is slow and overacted, looting takes forever because there's no take all and each button press queues an animation/movement or something even though the menu covers it up.

it's also buggy. you can warp out of an escape sequence to a waypoint when you're not supposed to, which can leave a main quest non-completable if you didn't get an item (Leandra's Spell). you can still beat the game, but you can't defeat an enemy type because they're invulnerable until you finish that story quest. so i'm going to have to do a lot of Invisibility Potions and teleporting. ugh. there was also an encounter with a Rat King where the game got confused and treated a different animal (a dog) as an enemy and the Rat King/Family as green NPCs, which hosed some stuff up but I was able to at least complete the quest... but whatever the dog wanted me to do doesn't matter now because an orc NPC killed it during that encounter so.. cool.

this is also my opportunity to say, hey, remote play for Vita is worse than PS Now streaming which I wasn't expecting. despite the fact that you can directly connect the Vita to the PS4, it has massive connection problems constantly which create additional unnecessary lag. PS Now's streaming is fine though. i'm sure some wireless interference is going on, maybe an overloaded wifi channel, is there any way to change it on the PS4 for direct connection though??? or is it just gonna be lovely forever. because that's disappointing

the game does rock paper scissors rather than dice rolls for Intimidate/Charm/Reason checks and I don't really get it. just do a dice roll!!

there's stuff that i assume is better in the second game but then i also heard the second game is worse in other ways because of the level scaling so maybe this the only D:OS i'll play. at the moment i'm lvl 15 and in hunter's edge so i assume i'm getting towards the final stretch.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 8, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i havent used remote play in like 5 years but i think you can choose between wifi and direct adhoc connection to ps4

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

i havent used remote play in like 5 years but i think you can choose between wifi and direct adhoc connection to ps4
i have the setting checked to connect directly, and despite being just a few feet away from the PS4, it still has problems. apparently from what i looked up, wifi has to be disabled on the ps4 for direct connect to work. lol

i'll give that a try later i guess

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I've only used Remote Play to grind through the 100 endings of The 25th Ward. It seemed to worked well enough for it that I could see using it to play other VNs without being near my PS4. It does just chew through my Galaxy X10's battery life. Went from full to almost empty in about an hour.

Tried to play GBO2 for a laugh, bad call.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/bdsams/status/1303152184377344001?s=20

I hope its real, it looks silly

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Xbox Series Stupid-looking

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hello $250 PS5

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Do they all come with this dudes twitter handle plastered on it?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if youre on wired ethernet and using the pc app or a pstv, remote play is Fine. latency is bad but its like playing on a really bad tv, fucks with the image quality though. vita remote play is okay if you're playing an rpg or something, phone remote play is a Pain In the rear end

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

can't really use the pc app because it requires the DS4 be plugged in, or the official Sony Dongle, or it won't recognize it over bluetooth (same as PS Now, which DOES allow other xinput controllers just not bluetooth DS4)

also vita is good for bed gaming

e: i would plug it in but the DS4 destroys micro USB cables which suck in the first place

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 8, 2020

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Awesome Animals posted:

Do they all come with this dudes twitter handle plastered on it?

It’s presold adspace, you can get it without that but it costs 350.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

"Hello, XBOX S" is a good tagline because it looks like a building intercom

Also I've got the next few days off so I have purchased food and will rejoin my ranks among those in the Cooking Zone

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

END ME SCOOB posted:

My father, a man who regularly replays Infinity Engine titles and NWN1 (like, once each yearly) has been trying it for the first time lately and he's come to the same conclusion. I bought it for him around Christmas and all this time later, even with him retiring this year, he's just making no progress and when I asked recently how it was going, all he told me was "This game's too stupid to live".

I would be interested in knowing more about why people think Arcanum doesn’t work. I would say that the industrial towns are all too similar and there are too many ways to build a bad character, but I’m a little surprised to learn that it has a reputation for being underbaked. I remember watching my friend go through the Tarant jewelers basement soon after it was released and it’s been kind of burned in my mind ever since. Beating it last week was cathartic.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

California is always on fire but I can't believe a gender reveal party ended up setting even more it on fire.

Just whip something up in SFM like normal people

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
a sizable chunk of California was once set ablaze by an errant golf club swing, and that was before climate change really rolled up its sleeves

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Frequent fire ecosystems with a century of fire suppression are tinderboxes even without climate change

It's really a perfect storm of us doing everything possible to make the average fire as bad as it possibly can be

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

xbox series "s" because it looks like a shower radio

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Its apparently the new version of the digital only Xbox One, so a less powerful XboxX for people who just want a Game Pass machine.

I mostly just approve of there being a truly dumb looking console again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

njsykora posted:

Its apparently the new version of the digital only Xbox One, so a less powerful XboxX for people who just want a Game Pass machine.

It is more powerful than the Xbox One X and runs next gen games.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Parasite Eve 2 has some really great-looking pre-rendered background but I forgot about the Coke product placement

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

njsykora posted:

So far there are four announced truly dumb looking consoles.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Arcanum is a game that could stand to be remade instead of like, baulder's gate for the fifth time

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1303175365389508609?s=19

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

definitely going to go into debt to finance an xbox

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
hopefully that's the beginning of the end for this stupid game of chicken

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s surprisingly affordable for the big X. Wonder how much Sony will undercut

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

hatty posted:

That’s surprisingly affordable for the big X. Wonder how much Sony will undercut

250 dollar PS5. Everyone around the globe stands up and claps. Microsoft doesn't know how it happened again.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Barudak posted:

It is more powerful than the Xbox One X and runs next gen games.

I knew this and didn't actually put it in my post like a dipshit, probably should've said 'successor' to the SAD. Or SAD for this generation. Some next gen SADness.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

njsykora posted:

I knew this and didn't actually put it in my post like a dipshit, probably should've said 'successor' to the SAD. Or SAD for this generation. Some next gen SADness.

There's already a Playstation 5AD.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Will probably be good for my dad who will never upgrade from his lovely 1080i TV and just wants to play the halos and the calls of duty.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

njsykora posted:

Hold da phone, aren't they also supposedly releasing another version of the SAD this year, for $299?

What the gently caress is the point of that thing then, if this $299 Series S can already play all the Xbox One games you'd want?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

njsykora posted:

Apologies, the news comments are chockful of people who don't know this posting baffled why anybody would spend 300 on a last gen console

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hold da phone, aren't they also supposedly releasing another version of the SAD this year, for $299?

What the gently caress is the point of that thing then, if this $299 Series S can already play all the Xbox One games you'd want?

The rumored SAD was listed in targets system as Xbox One S v2 so I think thats what this is.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is on my birthday. :peanut: I don't want the new Xbox though, waiting for the PS5 info. :hellyeah:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
don't click, -31 dong inside

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

njsykora posted:

Yeah the ps5 is pretty bad

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

interesting. unlike any previous console launch.

curious how xbox series... x? ...xbox series* games will look on the s

(*what is the next xbox generation actually called?)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm gonna go with the PS5 and the PS5AD being the same price, because I think it would be very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rinkles posted:

interesting. unlike any previous console launch.

curious how xbox series... x? ...xbox series* games will look on the s

(*what is the next xbox generation actually called?)

They run at 1080p instead of 4k. Basically the hardware is 1/3rd as powerful targeting a resolution 1/4th the size. Its somewhat clever because it means theoretically their is extra headroom so as late gen squeezes more performance out of the machines and we start seeing game struggle to maintain 4k the Series S will theoretically be able to maintain its 1080p and framerate still.