Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

drat, this reminds me, they cancelled MAGfest this year :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Zzulu posted:

In my most humble of opinions,

Fandoms & "Subcultures" both suck rear end and contain insufferable and very clichéd types of people.

I thought basics were supposed to be cheery about pumpkin spice lattes and hoodie weather at this time of year!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Any pic with the band Orgy is pretty :chanpop:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I feel like the cybergoths were on the right track with the masks, though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hyperlynx posted:

I feel like the cybergoths were on the right track with the masks, though.

What started as a way to hide double-chins and halitosis has finally made it's way to the public!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

wtf is any of this bullshit, get back to posting funny pictures you nerds

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

wtf is any of this bullshit, get back to posting funny pictures you nerds

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Gotta admit, I've started wearing my ratty old leather trench coat during the last few months. Got it back in 98 and it looks like poo poo, but it sure makes people avoid me and not give me the roni. I've also combined it with a washed out old Punisher shirt at times just because.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

yep, I'm almost 40 and this is my bedding currently:

Just FYI this is also what happens when you order satin sheets from Aliexpress.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

thepopmonster posted:

:bravo:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Lodin posted:

Punisher shirt

Careful, people might think you're a cop.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Goths rule. I was kind of in the same boat as someone who posted above that they were "goth" by default in HS. I was more of a punk in HS, but there were so few of us non-Christians and/or total dorks in my Catholic HS that we all kind of banded together and listened to new wave, industrial, punk, and post-rock together. Godspeed You! Black Emperor might have been the middle of our musical venn diagram. The tunes, the weed, and the camaraderie of misfits were the only good thing about HS.

Also, my wife looks amazing in black. gently caress the haters. :colbert:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Railing Kill posted:

, my wife looks amazing in black. gently caress the haters. :colbert:

Tits big?

Anyone who castigates any alt culture is under immediate demand to prove how normie culture is better. Not even just that, they should start with proving how Trump isn't normie culture, and only after that can they even attempt to answers the first question.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Goths are extremely lame. Sorry you had to learn it here.

The good news is you can listen to any type of music and wear whatever clothes suit you without being a lame goth.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Paladinus posted:

Goths are extremely lame. Sorry you had to learn it here.

The good news is you can listen to any type of music and wear whatever clothes suit you without being a lame goth.

You are extremely lame, sorry to deliver this news.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Say what you will about goths but I'll take them over your average otaku, brony, or gamer any day of the week. They have their creeps, but they tend to be pretty segmented and way more visible from the main population.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I ain't Goth, but I'd chill with Baphomet, for sure.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Pope Hilarius II posted:

It's actually far from certain Odoacer was Gothic, it's more likely he was at least of mixed descent.

source: Pope Hilarius I was his contemporary

That post, that poster, that avatar. Swoons byzantinely...

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

i follow a person on twitter who I remember from alt.gothic back in the late 90s, early oughts. she's still a purple haired goth lady. and still pretty cool imo.

I can't decide if the kid on the bottom left is a total rebel or a foster child that's just happy to have a family.

I still remember the time my Boomer father tried to explain to me (a person who went to high school in the 90s) what a Goth was while he was watching NCIS.

James Woods has a new favorite as of 02:11 on Sep 9, 2020

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Say what you will about goths but I'll take them over your average otaku, brony, or gamer any day of the week. They have their creeps, but they tend to be pretty segmented and way more visible from the main population.

This meme was more relatable last time when I was required to wear pants at work.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Johnny Aztec posted:

I ain't Goth, but I'd chill with Baphomet, for sure.

+1 for summoning and playing with some baphomet tiddies

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The problem is that every time you summon them you have sit to through the animation

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

thepopmonster posted:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

:confused:

Lord Sexatron
Aug 1, 2003

xtal posted:

The problem is that every time you summon them you have sit to through the animation

Baphomet, bahamut, potato, potahto

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

https://twitter.com/ChurchofSatan/status/1144398315183718400?s=20

It's pronounced "Suh-tan", not "Say-tan", and sadly he never played for New Jersey

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

He did play most of his career in Buffalo, which is still classified as a circle of hell.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Collapsing Farts posted:

Goths are super silly and they often don't stay goths for their whole lives (because it's silly and they eventually realize how stupid it is) hth

How are they any better than juggalos

most punks grow old conform and drift to the right. what i mean by that is gently caress you im still goth >=(

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

dialhforhero posted:

Any pic with the band Orgy is pretty :chanpop:

Hey are you me but posting from a time break when it was 1999 through to 2005 Orgy mega Stan teenager me?

Followed those nerds because men in cool idiosyncratic stage make up personas and LEWKZ that angry lil goth me would kill and die for. I never got to see a gig because i and one other girl were mega fans who saved our pennies and got imported copies of Candyass.

Goddamn nostagia making me needing to hit spotify for Candyass and like, the first 3rd of Vapor Transmissions.

Julien K was/is dope

Content:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

James Woods posted:

I can't decide if the kid on the bottom left is a total rebel or a foster child that's just happy to have a family.

I still remember the time my Boomer father tried to explain to me (a person who went to high school in the 90s) what a Goth was while he was watching NCIS.

Have you seen Safe Haven on V/H/S 2? That family probably takes notes from him on how to do rituals.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/femmesnufkin/status/1302771267817308162

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

mind the walrus posted:

This meme speaks to me.

I wish I had funny pictures of myself dressed up in full Death Rocker/Goth makeup to post, but all the ones I have saved are with my ex, so that'd be super creepy.

uber_stoat posted:

i've heard rumors that Andrew Eldritch is a secret bronie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYGyC-kF06w

How dare you not post an actual Andrew Eldritch video?

Man I miss rocking out to this poo poo.

Kids who are "Goth" these days all listen to My Chemical Romance, and it's horrifying, they keep coming to my lawn and playing it and I have to tell them to get off.

Here's a funny picture because Moonslayer is a stupid jock that wants football memes or something.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Android Apocalypse posted:

Sorry, Hawaiian shirts were co-opted by the boogaloo bois. :negative:

I heard about that but it doesn't seem to have taken hold in my region, as soon as it does I'm making the switch to tie dye and if they take that too I guess my only remaining option is goku shirts

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Are there still Emos?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Android Apocalypse posted:

Sorry, Hawaiian shirts were co-opted by the boogaloo bois. :negative:

Wait, I can't wear Hawaiian Shirts, or boogaloo anymore?

drat, I'll just have to wear a different shirt and switch to hanging with the Shimmy Lads from now on.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy