Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Codependent Poster posted:

Perhaps you have not yet seen the Original Death Dealer and Japanese Death Match Legend Doctor Luther in action yet.

👉🤪

jericho's drinking buddy is blessedly pointing at his forehead on youtube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

shiksa posted:

jericho's drinking buddy is blessedly pointing at his forehead on youtube

His tag team with Serpentico is actually really good fun.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I will not tolerate slander against Snakem'n and Pointm'n.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

shiksa posted:

the minimum workrate level nowadays is so high that its almost a moot point about who has the best wrestlers, but how they're used

the exception is wwe really REALLY ate up a lot of the top women's talent and that's a much shallower pool because the idea of a mainstream serious female wrestler was absolute fantasy, what, 10 years ago?
They've got the monopoly on women's wrestlers that had buzz between 2005 and 2015 that are still active wrestlers, and managed to basically ensure Kairi and Ember retire early wasting what should have been the prime of their careers. They're doing their best at making sure Io Shirai and Candace LaRae never stay over too despite both being arguably the two most well known non-WWE women under 35 before they signed

WWE is real bad at this whole wrestling thing and they're starting to sink the ship in the sports entertainment industry too.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lamuella posted:

honestly i dont hate em. serpentico is much more fun ofc. i was raised on sunday night heat and JAKKED so i'm pretty adjusted to the goofy poo poo

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Luther is awkward in the ring in a sort of endearing way and can be enjoyable so long as he isn't doing anything important. And it's not like I'm expecting every 50 year old to be Christopher Daniels Dustin Rhodes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Luther sucks absolute poo poo

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Snakem'n and Pointm'n are a power team for sure, yeah. Most of that is down to the power of 🐍 :colbert: and 👉🤪, but Snakem'n is very good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

new raw and smackdown tag team belts are coming soon. not new titles, just new belt designs.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JOHN CENA posted:

new raw and smackdown tag team belts are coming soon. not new titles, just new belt designs.

Wait.... you're telling me Malibu Stacy is getting a new hat? :aaa:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean when the titanic is starting to sink your first priority needs to be to change the dining room tablecloths.

but honestly the designs are 10 years old and are probably the 2nd worst looking belts in the company, so they could use the upgrade. my guess for the design is big empty circle with wwe logo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Raw tag belts are genuinely atrocious.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JOHN CENA posted:

but honestly the designs are 10 years old and are probably the 2nd worst looking belts in the company

You'd better be couning the 24/7 title as the first

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The NXT UK Heritage Cup will be defended as a title, because WWE didn't have enough of those already

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

The NXT UK Heritage Cup will be defended as a title, because WWE didn't have enough of those already

Much like you can only go for the cruiserweight title if you're under 205 pounds, you can only contend for the Heritage Cup if you have been credibly accused of a sex crime.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

JOHN CENA posted:

i mean when the titanic is starting to sink your first priority needs to be to change the dining room tablecloths.

but honestly the designs are 10 years old and are probably the 2nd worst looking belts in the company, so they could use the upgrade. my guess for the design is big empty circle with wwe logo.

lol upgrade

Also, thank you Drake Maverick and the othe chumps who took their pay cuts to make this possible.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Lamuella posted:

Much like you can only go for the cruiserweight title if you're under 205 pounds, you can only contend for the Heritage Cup if you have been credibly accused of a sex crime.

Nah. It's going to be the Imperium vanity title as the "HERITAGE NOT HATE" Cup

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Luther sucks absolute poo poo

This. Luther apologists are like prequel boosters - they got so wrapped up in irony they believe their own trash. There is nothing endearing about Luther no more than there is nothing endearing about Rache Chanel or how there was nothing endearing about Tay Conti in NXT, and I'm using that last one to show when you're bad in AEW you're reeeeeeeeeal bad.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

Cups don't work that way! We do not have a lineal World Cup!

... wait do we? Is there a lineal world cup tracker?

Edit: nevermind I worked out that every lineal world cup holder would eventually end up with the winner anyway, but still!

Edit 2: wait because of the disintegration of West Germany and East Germany maybe not

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Lid posted:

Cups don't work that way! We do not have a lineal World Cup!

... wait do we? Is there a lineal world cup tracker?

Edit: nevermind I worked out that every lineal world cup holder would eventually end up with the winner anyway, but still!

Edit 2: wait because of the disintegration of West Germany and East Germany maybe not

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unofficial_Football_World_Championships

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
luther is good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

At what

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

👉😜

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I hear he points at his head while sticking out his tongue real nice

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Raw tag belts are genuinely atrocious.

Aren't they exactly the same as the Smackdown belts just with a red strap instead of blue? We're talking about the big stupid round coins with two centurions headbutting each other, right?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

JOHN CENA posted:

Why?

No literally why? To what end, purpose, or use is doing this? Why spend money to make/design the stupid things, and have whoever the champions are waste time on TV promoting them?

The only reason to make new belts is if it is part of a gimmick, I reckon. I remember Cody Rhodes' "classy" IC title, which he had when he was dashing. That made sense and was cool.

Making new Tag belts, and more than likely blanding them down so they fit the colour palette swapped scheme of the Raw and Smackdown championships, is stupid and poopy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The WWE logo isn't as pronounced on the Tag belts as it is on the other belts. Gotta get that branding out there!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Aren't they exactly the same as the Smackdown belts just with a red strap instead of blue? We're talking about the big stupid round coins with two centurions headbutting each other, right?

The red looks much much worse imo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

Why?

No literally why? To what end, purpose, or use is doing this? Why spend money to make/design the stupid things, and have whoever the champions are waste time on TV promoting them?

The only reason to make new belts is if it is part of a gimmick, I reckon. I remember Cody Rhodes' "classy" IC title, which he had when he was dashing. That made sense and was cool.

Making new Tag belts, and more than likely blanding them down so they fit the colour palette swapped scheme of the Raw and Smackdown championships, is stupid and poopy.

they've been redesigning a bunch of their belts over the last year.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

It's just fun to say/type The Original Death Dealer Japanese Deathmatch Legend Dr Luther 👉🤪.

Hell, I'd probably buy his shirt and I enjoy him in the crowd.

Absolutely don't want to see him wrestle though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The best because Scotland have actually held it. And held it more than England.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

The best because Scotland have actually held it. And held it more than England.

And much like J-Ru's Medieval: Total War LP, Scotland's victory is considered non-canon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

luther is good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love luther

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I did not like him slut shaming Marko Stunt

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Defending a trophy makes me think of the FCW Jack 15 Championship, which was a medal defended in 15 minute Ironman matches.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this is hell

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What do the tag titles for each show even look like now? I don't want to google it, I want to ask my friends.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

JOHN CENA posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

njsykora posted:

Defending a trophy makes me think of the FCW Jack 15 Championship, which was a medal defended in 15 minute Ironman matches.

That was a fun gimmick even if the medal was poo poo.

I also expect the NXTUK rounds thing could be a fun gimmick but sadly it's on a show I'll never watch.