Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Can't trust any quote from Nintendo now after they said they "weren't like other girls" regarding mobile games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Been wondering this for a bit: will I regret binning the dozen prinnys I got as some kind of reward a minute after starting Disgaea 5? I get annoyed every single time I have to scroll past them.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Black Griffon posted:

Been wondering this for a bit: will I regret binning the dozen prinnys I got as some kind of reward a minute after starting Disgaea 5? I get annoyed every single time I have to scroll past them.

They each have unique evilities that no other character can get, but they're all gimmicky and suboptimal so unless you specifically want to mess with them there's no downside to tossing them.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Mario all stars just sitting in my library taunting me lol

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Snake Maze posted:

They each have unique evilities that no other character can get, but they're all gimmicky and suboptimal so unless you specifically want to mess with them there's no downside to tossing them.

Yeah, the unique evilities is what's been stopping me, but I think I'm just gonna pick out the ones that are the most interesting and clear out the rest.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Len posted:

That's because for some reason people think they won't be able to walk into Walmart three weeks from now and get it at that unheard of $10 off

its out of stock in all major retailers and to add fuel to the fire, some retailers are saying they dont expect any restocks.

its not like nintendo would create artificial scarceness, they would never, ever do that kind of thing, so you're probably right!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Vikar Jerome posted:

its out of stock in all major retailers and to add fuel to the fire, some retailers are saying they dont expect any restocks.

its not like nintendo would create artificial scarceness, they would never, ever do that kind of thing, so you're probably right!

Yep because they definitely wouldn't say "there won't be more" in an effort to fuel sales

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think you can just download it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Christmas is coming up but Nintendo definitely isn't going to make sure there's more copies of 3d All Stars for the biggest shopping time of the year. No way no how

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How do you keep a good drift going in Hotshot Racing? I usually either wind up going wide and hitting the outside of the corner or going way too tight and either slowing way down or hitting the inside of the corner.

It feels great when I do nail it but I also can’t tell what I did to nail it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Vikar Jerome posted:

Quoting this post for when I walk into Wal-Mart at 4pm next Friday and buy this for $49.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

American McGay posted:

Quoting this post for when I walk into Wal-Mart at 4pm next Friday and buy this for $49.

Anecedotal evidence, the most powerful kind

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You can also just download it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fallom posted:

I think you can just download it

For now

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Damnit SM3D all-stars just showed up today on my home screen and I got all excited for 1.5 seconds

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Fallom posted:

You can also just download it

Yeah but it won't be $10 off if I do that

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

unless i'm missing something obvious, sm3das is still available on gamestop's site. it's $60, though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

abelwingnut posted:

unless i'm missing something obvious, sm3das is still available on gamestop's site. it's $60, though.

Walmarts website too but it's $60, the discount is only in store

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Black Griffon posted:

For what it’s worth there are a bunch of reasons why you might need random trash characters to put in squads, so even if you dump the Prinnies you’ll still get stuck scrolling past characters.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jesus Christ

So I'm at a GameStop and the employee is trying to help the guy in front of me find the cable that connects his Switch Lite to a tv

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

No. 6 posted:

Just give us DLC tracks or something

Seriously. Why hasn’t this happened yet. If we could get Captain Toad DLC then I don’t understand why we can’t for MK8.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

Walmarts website too but it's $60, the discount is only in store

heading into rona central to save $10

I pre-ordered through Best Buy and availability didn't seem to be a problem; it will be on my doorstep Friday morning.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Len posted:

Jesus Christ

So I'm at a GameStop and the employee is trying to help the guy in front of me find the cable that connects his Switch Lite to a tv
This is like the inverse of the time the manager at gamestation refused to let his subordinate ring up the wii component cables I wanted to buy because "it's not HD so they won't make a difference, you really don't want them"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Laterite posted:

heading into rona central to save $10

I pre-ordered through Best Buy and availability didn't seem to be a problem; it will be on my doorstep Friday morning.

You must be one of the people who don't have an essential job that requires going into the office 5 days a week

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

nrook posted:

For what it’s worth there are a bunch of reasons why you might need random trash characters to put in squads, so even if you dump the Prinnies you’ll still get stuck scrolling past characters.

That is true, they've just imprinted on me as the first bunch of characters I had to scroll past.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for the first time and I gotta say, it's living up to the hype.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Check back in 12 hours as you're navigating back and forth through the same narrow hallway for the 3rd time in order to advance the story.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’ve never played a Resident Evil game before. Is there one available on the Switch that is a good point of entry?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

LuckyCat posted:

I’ve never played a Resident Evil game before. Is there one available on the Switch that is a good point of entry?

Do you want to run from things in a spooky haunted house, do you want to shoot at things in a spooky outdoor environment, or do you want to experience the Citizen Kane of last-gen AAA action game excess?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Absolutely play the original first.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

TheScott2K posted:

or do you want to experience the Citizen Kane of last-gen AAA action game excess?

forgot that re6 was on switch now, time to pick that up.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LuckyCat posted:

There’s an excellent remake of the very first game on Switch. That’s a great place to start. If “tank controls” scare you then play 4, which is one of the best games ever made.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LuckyCat posted:

Anyone who says otherwise is being a spoofer

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

4 is where modern resident evil started, and it's also all the resident evil anybody could ever need

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

RandomFerret posted:

4 is where modern resident evil started, and it's also all the resident evil anybody could ever need

its not because re8 and revelations 3 (exclusive to switch) isnt out yet!!!

we also dont have barry burton solo game at all. we got close but not sated

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

There’s a combo pack of RE and RE0 that is a port of the Wii versions(?) and is pretty good. The original at least, I’ve heard RE0 sucks.

Or just play RE4, the best one.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Mario All Stars is just a worse version of every included game

It made sense at the time but is strictly inferior on Switch

I will now be taking questions and accepting accolades

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

REmake 1 for old school survival horror RE, it has options for more modern controls instead of tank and is an excellent game. RE 4 if you want the latter day action oriented RE. Both are classics. Get both imo.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
RE0 cause you should start in chronological order :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I like the Remake more than four but I’m not terribly high on 4, it’s fine