Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Someone's translated the payoff for Pekora's "Sora Mountain" prank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUxB3tcdxXo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

I like Ninomae, which is written out with the kanji for the number 1, but reads "the one before 2"

Didn't a recent anime do the exact same pun? I want to say Wasteful Days of High School Girls.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1305087093891162113?s=19

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I do hope that they'll all get some rest after these first couple of days. It's somewhat worrying how little any of them seem to have slept

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Calli made her own opening/loading screen of her chasing the Hololive EN girls. She’s so talented.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Callie and Kiara is a match made in heaven :allears:.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Okay, Calli and Kiara have a really great dynamic :allears:

e: poo poo. Same hat.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
anyone not watching this caliope/kiara stream needs to catch it later this dynamic is incredible

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm wishing I hadn't left my earbuds at home. Stuck behind a hotel desk and it's a busier morning than usual so I'm missing most of what they're saying.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Calli's speak still feels like she's reading off a stage script to me, so many "literary" expressions in it.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I feel like that's part of her character honestly, she's supposed to come off as awkward and not used to conversation.

e:KIARA NO

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Kiara rickrolling Callie was so good. Callie does Tsundere so well and Kiara plays off her so well. I’m so looking forward to more collaboration streams from them. Such a fun little stream :allears:.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

nielsm posted:

Calli's speak still feels like she's reading off a stage script to me, so many "literary" expressions in it.

That due to her being a natural english speaker?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Kiara is definitely coming off a lot better in these collabs than she did in her solo debut. And the Calli/Kiara duo works incredibly well, they have a lot to play off each other with

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gY2psI1Oyg

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/moricalliope/status/1305122113158705154?s=19

https://twitter.com/moricalliope/status/1305122164241125376?s=19

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I see Ina is still proudly showing off her golden Yagoo.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Mori gets a lot of mileage out of her disgusted face interacting with Kiara.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ina's stream is perfect for listening to in the background while you're doing things. She's so relaxing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Someone in chat asked if Asacoco or Watson's Concoction was stronger, and it awakened the dragon in chat

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Ina's stream is perfect for listening to in the background while you're doing things. She's so relaxing.

It's crazy how chill she is at all time. It's great.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So Gen2 HololiveEN will have a goon right?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Well this is nice. I hope her viewers will listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2tfz4t_gEU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

55 mins, first solo stream, nervous, 33k viewers and jp senoirs in chat

drat

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Fat_Cow posted:

So Gen2 HololiveEN will have a goon right?
How do you know they don't have one already?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

FractalSandwich posted:

It could be you!

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
No comment.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

FractalSandwich posted:

That would definitely be Calli.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Freakin' sasuga, man.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

nielsm posted:

It's kind of the same gimmick as Ayame isn't it? Overly formal demon

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Calliope: "I'm paying so much for this internet and it's so bad"

Living in America confirmed

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh no, there is much worse internet than American internet. Americans have it pretty good.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
So we have three native speakers and 2 ESL, right? Calliope is obviously an English native, and I'm almost positive Amelia is too, but I'm not sure with Gura. I can't if it's cause she's native, she's that good at English, or her character masks her mistakes. At the same time, Calliope also seems the worst at Japanese, roughly comparable to me after a year and a half studying in college.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pollyanna posted:

Oh no, there is much worse internet than American internet. Americans have it pretty good.

Canadian reaper confirmed. She will take your life nicely.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2tfz4t_gEU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
good fuckin' repost mate

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

So we have three native speakers and 2 ESL, right? Calliope is obviously an English native, and I'm almost positive Amelia is too, but I'm not sure with Gura. I can't if it's cause she's native, she's that good at English, or her character masks her mistakes. At the same time, Calliope also seems the worst at Japanese, roughly comparable to me after a year and a half studying in college.

I have the impression Gura and Amelia are the ones worst at Japanese, they barely touched on the subject in the intro videos. Amelia only talked about wanting to study more, but didn't try to write or speak it. At least Calli is confident enough to use her Japanese both written and spoken. Kiara at times seems more confident in Japanese than in English.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
That's true, I saw Japanese folks making fun of her "Morihongo", but I forgot Gura and Amelia used practically none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Gura did sing Ride on Time entirely in Japanese tho. Course she could have just memorized it phonetically.

I know a big reason to not do this is because it's rude, but isn't another reason that some VTubers are from different companies? Like, could Pikamee even crossover with Hololive or is it not allowed?

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 13, 2020