Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

sk posted:

honestly, he looks pretty good for a mid-40s wrestler recovering from addictions imo

yea like... hes just old lol. he looks worse bc he still does his whole look like a 22 year old from the year 2000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Exactly. If he accepted the fact that he's in his mid-forties he wouldn't look so depressing. I'm thirty-seven and it would be like wearing my lovely Hot Topic wardrobe from high school when I go to the grocery store.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

shiksa posted:

yea like... hes just old lol. he looks worse bc he still does his whole look like a 22 year old from the year 2000.

Yeah, I think that's what is getting to me. His gimmick makes him look worse. Reminds me of an uncle who is trying too hard to stay relevant.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Majinfoose posted:

Yeah, I think that's what is getting to me. His gimmick makes him look worse. Reminds me of an uncle who is trying too hard to stay relevant.

Your uncle is Michael Hayes?!!?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

its an outdoor baseball park

They getting changed outside too?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Davros1 posted:

I forget how long ago they made their debut.

I would have never thought that, of all people, Jeff Hard would have been wrestling for 26 years now.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
When was Jeff's last DUI? My mind is fuzzy I feel like it was last year then Reby and Jeff's wife got into an argument on twitter

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Davros1 posted:

Even at the age of sixteen I thought this was some creepy as gently caress sex thing where Michael Hayes was suffering from a mid-life crisis and forcing his underage proteges to perform.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Exactly. If he accepted the fact that he's in his mid-forties he wouldn't look so depressing. I'm thirty-seven and it would be like wearing my lovely Hot Topic wardrobe from high school when I go to the grocery store.

Majinfoose posted:

I've got the scoops. Here is a new Jeff Hardy PSA (from the terms of his latest probation)

"Hey there fellow youths. Let's rap! You know what is extreme and awesome to the Max? Staying in school and saying No to drugs. Staying sober is totally radical!"
<This message has been brought to you by Monsanto! Makers of a better future and a brand you can trust.>

edit2: corrected info

Do it ironically posted:

When was Jeff's last DUI? My mind is fuzzy I feel like it was last year then Reby and Jeff's wife got into an argument on twitter
2019. October 2019 was his second DUI in a years time. First DUI recently was March 2018 then he got arrested for public intox in July 2019. So second bit of trouble in 2019 but at least it is his only DUI in 2019.
https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/05/jeff-hardy-dwi-arrest-north-carolina/

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 15, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol at Jeff saying he signed a new contract because of a theme song

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:yeshaha:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1305575740344238082?s=19

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol at Jeff saying he signed a new contract because of a theme song

I would bet that this is the sole reason he did it.

“Man, the rest of this poo poo sucks. But if I can just get my jam on the theme song...yeah I’m signing let’s do this.”

Now that he’s signed though, I think he knows he will get tv time for the next two months and then back to catering for the remaining 4 years and 10 months. Good opportunity to make sure his health is good.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm just glad he's stuck in WWE and wont poo poo up AEW

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
jeff hardy is cool

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

jeff hardy is extreme... ly stupid

dummydummydummy

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

This tweet is driving people absolutely insane over on reddit

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Orange Carlisle posted:

I'm just glad he's stuck in WWE and wont poo poo up AEW
I don't really want to say it in such a harsh way. He's a solid performer, still, and a goofy character for the mid-card.

But yeah, I'm glad he's not going to AEW. They have way too many people I'd rather see. Like Griff Garrison.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I have compassion for people struggling with addiction but gently caress drunk drivers and such, doubly so if they're rich and could hire a driver

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I never liked Jeff outside of TLC 1-4. His weird clothes and that he does like 6 different kinds of art and is bad at all of them got to me.

He’s like a lovely Deviant Art account come to life

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Do it ironically posted:

I have compassion for people struggling with addiction but gently caress drunk drivers and such, doubly so if they're rich and could hire a driver

Yep. No sympathy for drunk drivers. Total loving scum

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I know this will be unpopular here to even say but it's baffling to me how WWE can have such a good show in Smackdown and such a terrible show in RAW with the same loving guy writing it. For me the best show on tv weekly alternates between Smackdown and Dynamite but RAW is always the worst, below NXT, below IMPACT, even below Dark.

Why the gently caress is Dominik fighting Seth again? Imagine if Cena had 30 matches with Angle after that first one where he debuted, we wouldn't even be talking about Cena right now because he'd be selling insurance somewhere, he'd never have made it. It's like they've just given up on the RAW brand entirely.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Best guess is that Smackdown has a stronger roster.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Gumball Gumption posted:

Best guess is that Smackdown has a big dog .

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Beaten

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Woof

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Why the gently caress is Dominik fighting Seth again? Imagine if Cena had 30 matches with Angle after that first one where he debuted, we wouldn't even be talking about Cena right now because he'd be selling insurance somewhere, he'd never have made it. It's like they've just given up on the RAW brand entirely.

Honestly, I feel like it's the opposite problem. WWE puts a lot of effort into making sure Raw is exactly what they want it to be, while Smackdown has most of the performers at the top of the card that have some amount of creative freedom and ability. The only person who reliably feels like they have both those things on Raw is Rey, and he's still stuck in the Misterio vs Rollins vortex.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

This is definitely a recent thing. Like Raw at the start of this year was wayyyyyy better than anything on Smackdown bar DB.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It used to amaze me how WWE has a massive pool of talented performers and should be moving through feuds on a short cycle to look for ones with good chemistry to build longer term stories with. It just seems so obvious. Throw people together and find what works. And look for big matches to build PPVs around. Drive people to the product with what is known to work and find what does.

But then you realize, Vince doesn't process his product like that. There just is or is not a feud between two wrestlers. There is no build, nor progression. Like Drew is feuding with Orton and that will continue until it doesn't. It doesn't matter who wins or loses. The belt may or may not change hands. Dream matches like AJ vs Finn, the one we all got excited about? Yeah, he doesn't plan toward or plan to use any of those. They carry no meaning to Vince.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

vince doesnt process anything lol he cant remember last weeks show at all

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Jeff is absolutely signing with any promotion that takes his music seriously, it's why TNA had Peroxwhy?gen all over it for a couple years

~~another me is what there will never be~~

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This "IN YOUR FACE!!" poo poo is just another painfully uncool move by the wrestling company for grandparents

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Orange Carlisle posted:

This "IN YOUR FACE!!" poo poo is just another painfully uncool move by the wrestling company for grandparents

The Poochie energy is always strong in McMahonland

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I love Keith Lee but I hate the way he talks during promos, maybe I'll get used to it

e: or don't let him talk like that

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://youtu.be/FiiWOFgQiZc jeff hardy is really bad at music/lyrics!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
obsolete is the only song jeff's put out that even dips its toes into "listenable" quality

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
if you want poetry/music so loving weird and out there that it actually kicks rear end the correct answer is Gordon Downie

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw opened tonight with Michael Cole casually mentioning the Gold Rush is in two weeks.

Does anybody know what the gently caress the Gold Rush is?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yes. just kidding.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Raw opened tonight with Michael Cole casually mentioning the Gold Rush is in two weeks.

they're going to have to stop running events in Florida and are moving to the Yukon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Jeff Jarrett's back?