Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Metapod posted:

3 timeouts your opponent is about to score 1 minute left used none of them lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
BATTLE OF OHIO BABY NATIONAL TV LETS GO

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

they knew that nothing must interfere with that game

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I cannot wait for the Philadelphia Phighting Eagles to get their butts whipped into butter, heck yes brothers.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i read the location of the thursday night game as FistEnergy Stadium and i'm sticking with it

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Really sad we won't get any crowd noise induced false starts this week/year.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010
Boy am I glad my Broncos are going to have 5 timeouts to use on the first half against the Steelers.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Football Outsider's Quick Reads is up. It's all about how OBJ played like poo poo.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Inspector 34 posted:

Really sad we won't get any crowd noise induced false starts this week/year.

Seahawks O line doesn’t need crowd noise to do it based on Sunday’s game. Or Russell’s hard count is too powerful

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Ready to see what Denver does with the bonus time outs they'll get to have this week.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mega64 posted:

Football Outsider's Quick Reads is up. It's all about how OBJ played like poo poo.

Apparently throwing two scores in the RZ, as many touchdowns as some QBs threw total, is considered inadequate for Rodgers.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I love the NFL and football so much.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Apparently throwing two scores in the RZ, as many touchdowns as some QBs threw total, is considered inadequate for Rodgers.

You should be glad Rodgers is being slighted, pettiness fuels him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

loving the realistic fan by the 324 with one foot already off the ledge

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Clowney rules can't wait till hes in shape

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Metapod posted:

Clowney rules can't wait till hes in shape

It'll be a great 4 games!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

your 0-2 miami dolphins

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Ehud posted:

your 0-2 miami dolphins

don't be so pessimistic friend, you could be 0-1-1

heck, you could even win billions of games! that's football for ya!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yall check this out

The football player might get hurt

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

loving the realistic fan by the 324 with one foot already off the ledge

I loled, good post.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/15/vic-fangio-defends-failure-to-use-two-time-outs/

quote:

The Broncos lost on Monday night by two points. Coincidentally, they exited the Week One game against the Titans with two time outs left.
So why didn’t coach Vic Fangio stop the clock more often on the drive that resulted in Tennessee kicking the game-winning field goal with 17 seconds on the clock?

“It was two-fold,” Fangio told reporters after the game. “One, their field goal kicker obviously been having his problems so I didn’t want to extend the drive where they could get closer. Number two, we would have used a timeout, but we got the running back out of bounds. We would have used a second timeout, but they threw an incompletion which would have given us one when we got the ball back so that was part of the thinking there.”
I don't think Fangio and I were watching the same game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's official. Browns, you're now promoted to the Jaguars, Giants: You're the new Browns.

https://twitter.com/Danny_Heifetz/status/1305686903967096835

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

It's official. Browns, you're now promoted to the Jaguars, Giants: You're the new Browns.

https://twitter.com/Danny_Heifetz/status/1305686903967096835

How? What are the combined records?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Giants:
2020 - 0-1
2019 - 4-12
2018 - 5-11
2017 - 3-13

Browns
2020 - 0-1
2019 - 6-10
2018 - 7-8-1
2017 - 0-16

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Kalli posted:

Giants:
2020 - 0-1
2019 - 4-12
2018 - 5-11
2017 - 3-13

Browns
2020 - 0-1
2019 - 6-10
2018 - 7-8-1
2017 - 0-16

Wow.

Mistakes into miracles.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The best QB class in a decade and Baker and Darnold are both poo poo. Rosen is dog tier poo poo. Lamar rules and I think people are at least cautiously optimistic on Josh Allen and Minshew? I dunno.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

The best QB class in a decade and Baker and Darnold are both poo poo. Rosen is dog tier poo poo. Lamar rules and I think people are at least cautiously optimistic on Josh Allen and Minshew? I dunno.

Would the Jets take Lawrence if they had the one overall?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I dont think the Chargers will win this week, boys

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Diva Cupcake posted:

My concern with Allen is that he's in a good environment with a smart coach and a talented roster, and he's still a bit dodgy. I can see five years of "is this the year Josh Allen goes to the pro bowl" articles, but that does come with five years of decent if unusual starter.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow don’t see that every day Ryan Tannehill willed that final kick in

Top. 10.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Derek is now a Senior Vice President

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

tarbrush posted:

My concern with Allen is that he's in a good environment with a smart coach and a talented roster, and he's still a bit dodgy. I can see five years of "is this the year Josh Allen goes to the pro bowl" articles, but that does come with five years of decent if unusual starter.

It's so clear: Josh Allen is the new Joe Flacco. I rooted for Joe for a decade and the stuff that Bills fans are saying are the same things we always said.

It's a tough place to be because he can go on heaters which builds your confidence, but in general you have to have a really well-built team to reliably make the playoffs every year.

I would offer this advice: cut bait after his rookie contract.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1305894548250464259?s=19

Touchdown Trubs 💯

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Would the Jets take Lawrence if they had the one overall?
Of course.

Even if you're supremely confident in Darnold and you have a plan in place to surround with actual football players instead of trash, we're already on year 3 and they've wasted any competitive advantage you get from a rookie QB contract. They have an obligation to reset that clock if they can.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 15, 2020

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Comeback win against the mighty Lions. Such bravery from Titty Kisser

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I like how the media is basically treating titty biscuits like he's a make a wish kid QB

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The Flippen Group will rue the day they let him go elsewhere.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Revenge Game

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1305885100089933826?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SHOAH NUFF posted:

But he’s a self described die-hard Cowboys fan...