Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/btsportwwe/status/1306549001878204416?s=19

An Austrian hasn't shat on West Ham this badly since Marko Arnautovic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RealFoxy posted:

If Ricochet was only pretending to bootlick so he could fly under the radar and not get time added to his contract or made to look like a goon on his way out the door maybe he isn't the dumbest guy on the roster after all

2020 has hit us with some strange poo poo, but if Ricochet ends up being Ronnie Reagan from that old Phil Hartman sketch... :vince:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
gently caress West Ham and their gas chamber hissing, Nazi-chanting fans.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
drat, I was just about to ask if West Ham is a delicious place to live.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Given how good he was in the past I’m kind of sad that I don’t even care if Ricochet leaves. WWE has cooled him off so much that I just can’t bring myself to get excited about him in AEW, Japan or RoH.

I ind my apathy towards WWE has increased a lot lately. I still pay attention to the business they do but as far as storylines/characters I just can’t bring myself to care. Even when listening to the Observer I only semi-pay atttention to the wwe recaps.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

No wonder WALTER's so happy to be there

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

A lot will, it'll just require their parents dying. But they will acquire assets eventually. Well unless your parents stay alive too long and need to sell their house to pay for care. Which I suppose they probably will the selfish bastards

Things like reverse mortgages will eat away most boomer wealth before it is inherited

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

No wonder WALTER's so happy to be there

booo

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Ricochet is unhappy to be there!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hilarious. This goes one of two ways:

1) Galaxy brain Ricochet and he was just playing the game to make sure he gets out of the contract. Hey, the Young Bucks did name drop him on a BTE recently. Hmm...

2) He is gonna fall for the trap because he is such a monster bootlicker and this story was leaked on purpose:

WWE: “Ricochet, we are going to push you for a couple months since your contract is almost up. We do it to everybody and most fall for it. Will you fall for this too? After you re-sign for your 5 year ‘DONT go to AEW Contract’, we will do the push for 60 days. Then you can go back to Main Event and catering. Sound good?”

Chet: “Love it. Count me in. I just want to be here.”

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Things like reverse mortgages will eat away most boomer wealth before it is inherited

Fortunately I don't see my parents going down that route (my mother has been very clear that if she gets to a point where she can't physically look after herself she's going to shootup a large quantity of heroin.). God, I'm going to be one of the property owning class. Rules. Time to start voting Tory in preparation!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

We’re not all like that :(

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

jesus WEP posted:

We’re not all like that :(

I think you're great! I'm sure there are tons of lovely West Ham fans. Still hate West Ham though and particularly those fans.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I think you're great! I'm sure there are tons of lovely West Ham fans. Still hate West Ham though and particularly those fans.

I hate those fans too and while it’s a minority that do this hiss, the majority sadly defend it as banter or some or other bullshit. In my experience.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Double posting because I literally wish awful things to happen to this guy. No conscience at all for this fucker.

https://twitter.com/JaxsonRykerWWE/status/1305867362386681858?s=20

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd like to like Ricochet again.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Ricochet is the worst promo in wrestling so unless he gets a manager it’ll be hard for me to ever care about him in AEW or anywhere else. I never see him in WWE either way. Also doesn’t wrestlevotes routinely just make poo poo up

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

It won't happen because our generation won't own the capital needed to turn people into conservatives

forkboy84 posted:

Fortunately I don't see my parents going down that route (my mother has been very clear that if she gets to a point where she can't physically look after herself she's going to shootup a large quantity of heroin.). God, I'm going to be one of the property owning class. Rules. Time to start voting Tory in preparation!

We joke but I have a coworker who was a teen when ol Maggie Thatcher hosed over his Dad and the entire Coal Mining community back in the day. Not 13 but like 17 or 18 so he actually saw and dealt with those events as they happened and the fallout afterwards. Apparently a few years ago he "saw the light" and changed. I made a Thatcher joke a week ago and he actually defended her as having to make a tough decisions, life is complicated and we shouldn't talk ill of the dead. The conversation that followed just became depressing.

Things like that worry me and I ponder that maybe the book/movie Logan's Run had the right idea.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Given how good he was in the past I’m kind of sad that I don’t even care if Ricochet leaves. WWE has cooled him off so much that I just can’t bring myself to get excited about him in AEW, Japan or RoH.

I find my apathy towards WWE has increased a lot lately. I still pay attention to the business they do but as far as storylines/characters I just can’t bring myself to care. Even when listening to the Observer I only semi-pay attention to the wwe recaps.
I hear ya. I was really into Prince Puma and Rico pretty much until he went to WWE. I knew he was screwed but it soon became a masterclass in making me not give a toss about the guy. I still want to see Nak get free and have a legacy run in a real company and am super stoked about Miro but Ricochet I am completely indifferent to. Granted I cooled severely on Dean Ambrose right up until he became Mox again so there is a precedent. Ricochet was so drat good in the ring but his "can't you guys enjoy this" tweets hurt as much as his booking. Not as bad as AJ Styles mind you ... god AJ why did you have to double down on being a douche? If he plays the long game and gets out good for him, most don't deserve to be imprisoned in WWE, but I just don't care that much about him. I will say his social media, while bootlicky and callow, doesn't quite capture the insane heights of Seth Rollins. I hope Seth stays in WWE until they turn the lights off and goes to no other organization ever.

Apathy towards WWE? I think most here are in the same boat. We WH goons have been through the poo poo and have bonded over decades of frustration, pain and irritation. Some still sift through mountains of poop to find the occasional tin nugget but most just want to chat with their mates and wait for the inevitable implosion of WWE. You guys are cool and JRu is a good mod.

bartok
May 10, 2006

If Ricochet shows up the next time NJPW holds a Best of the Super Juniors I'll forget all about his WWE run.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

bartok posted:

If Ricochet shows up the next time NJPW holds a Best of the Super Juniors I'll forget all about his WWE run.

I can't forget about his WWE run if I can't remember any of it to begin with

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah I give zero shits about Ricochet in AEW cause they have more than enough flippy guys but a return to NJPW's junior scene would be a huge and the potential rematch with Ospreay would be a huge loving deal

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yeah Ricochet played a part in killing his own momentum. Plus we've seen him be great in other places, it's actually a lot of fun to see people like Miro and Brodie Lee outside of that system.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eat My Fuc posted:

Ricochet is the worst promo in wrestling so unless he gets a manager it’ll be hard for me to ever care about him in AEW or anywhere else. I never see him in WWE either way. Also doesn’t wrestlevotes routinely just make poo poo up

Ricochet in NJPW where he doesn't really need to promo and just talk like a normal human after having exceptional matches would be good, as would Ricochet in AEW with a mouthpiece like Taz or Tully or Arn. After Ricky Starks accomplishes all of the things as a singles wrestler, a Starks/Richochet (Rickychet?) team would be pretty dope.

This is assuming he doesn't actually have brainworms and his bootlicking was all a ploy like others are hoping :pray:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Ricochet, tunneling a hole behind a Roman Reigns poster in the Amway Center. “He licked boots for three hundred feet... just short of a football field. And came out with tastebuds on the other side.”

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

RealFoxy posted:

If Ricochet was only pretending to bootlick so he could fly under the radar and not get time added to his contract or made to look like a goon on his way out the door maybe he isn't the dumbest guy on the roster after all

Hope is free, but if he really played WWE like this he must have discovered very early on what kind of pickle he is in... and I kinda doubt becoming a grinning bootlicking dumbass was the best way you could have handled that. Like, if he manages to get away from WWE, yay for him, but it's not about him reinventing himself and reaching new heights of his career like others did, it's about getting back to the heights of the career he had before he became a catering-loving double-agent for no good reason.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
if this is the way they treat him while he's happy to be here I'm not sure how the gently caress they gonna treat him once they realize he's not gonna sign

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

as a Spurs supporter (and also as a person in general) I strongly agree.

“But it’s bantz!” get hosed.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Ganso Bomb posted:

Ricochet in NJPW where he doesn't really need to promo and just talk like a normal human after having exceptional matches would be good

Counterpoint: The first thing I can see NJPW doing with Ricochet if he comes back is book him against Ospreay and probably tie those two together in some way, ensuring that he doesn't really get a chance to make that impression again on a lot of people.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I honestly don't know how I'd turn this down if I was retired but then again I don't know what it's like to own any land or kids so maybe the equation is different then.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i rent all my goats

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

I think Dustin showed the best way to leave is to pretend to be happy doing what you're doing and wrestling on the minor shows then when your contract comes up, don't re-sign.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i want ricochet to break out of the fed and debut a new psychological submission-based ground game and the whole world goes crazy for it

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Ad by Khad posted:

if this is the way they treat him while he's happy to be here I'm not sure how the gently caress they gonna treat him once they realize he's not gonna sign

Feed him to Nia Jax but only show it on Velocity

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Codependent Poster posted:

I think Dustin showed the best way to leave is to pretend to be happy doing what you're doing and wrestling on the minor shows then when your contract comes up, don't re-sign.

Yeah, but Ricochet went above and beyond that. Many here mentioned how they can't be arsed to care about him going somewhere and be great again because he has been such a pathetic company stooge for so long.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

shiksa posted:

i want ricochet to break out of the fed and debut a new psychological submission-based ground game and the whole world goes crazy for it

Rick O'Sabre Jr

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

he will wrestle exactly the same but get quite good at twitter

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
NXT Ricochet was neat. Long matches with a variety of opponents and stipulations, barely let him talk, was nice.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Rick O'Sabre Jr

He was using Ricochet prior to joining WWE.

It's amazing how they took one of the most entertaining and incredible Juniors in the wrestling, and efficiently turned him into the biggest gently caress sucking loser dicks on the main roster. It's almost breathtaking.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ricochet is excellent, I just assumed from the Seth-Tier bootlicking he was a complete fed lifer and I take poorly to rumors of hope. He would be great in AEW or NJPW. People can say they're "cool" on him, but look at the performers that went to AEW and Impact and how much better they look. Except Cardona. He's very red. Just so red.

Also: A bad promo is only a bad promo by being made to read terrible WWE promos. You can do short promos, or promos with set up, and have people look super loving cool if you're in an environment (AEW) where everyone wants you to look cool. Penta looks cool as gently caress and cut a bad english promo that was cool as gently caress. I still laugh thinking about "baby-saurus". In WWE, forget it, no moments like that. No booking to Penta's aura and cool voice.

I also don't remember anything about Ricochet's main roster run other than stuff involve balls and being in a cool tagteam with Aleister Black where they lost challenges to every belt in the company at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I missed the news that he'd signed with the WWE, so I remember going "Oh poo poo! Ricochet!" when he appeared on NXT, which quickly became "oh poo poo, Richochet."

It's just incredible how much the WWE will efficiently book to a performer's weaknesses, and then book them to be jobbers, and then wonder why they're not over.

I honestly was hoping for something good to come out of his match with Brock - there'd been some set-up (Brock lowblowed him for shits and giggles, Richochet humiliated him at the Rumble) and he was exactly the type of guy Brock pairs up well with. Just to see that squandered, and him being all like "happy to be here" on Twitter was just disappointing, so I hope he leaves and goes back to New Japan or heads to AEW. Anywhere that he'd be valued, basically.