Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ivelisse Bom Ba Ye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

If Ivelisse wants to kill her career on live television then by all means

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If I'm not mistaken, Thunder Rosa's finisher is she get them in position for a tombstone, then pulls their head over her hip, and drops into a neckbreaker. (Kind of like a reverse Air Raid Siren/Finlay's Celtic Cross). You could see Rosa trying to get Ivelisse into that position, but instead had to do a tombstone.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

put the strap on Will Hobbs

we're gonna need a bigger strap

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Thunder Rosa should keep using the tombstone as her finisher

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Thunder Rosa should become the Thundertaker

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Thunder Rosa should keep the tombstone but do the Takako Inoue thing where she knees her opponent in the face 2 or 3 times, maybe walks a few circles around the ring while doing it, and then drops them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Thunder Rosa should become the Thundertaker

:yeah:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

If Ivelisse wants to kill her career on live television then by all means

Honestly it might result in a hospital visit too, I don't think the BJJ practitioner is gonna go for this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rosa from her grave

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Huh, I had no idea that Thunder Rosa had a pro MMA fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPUmR9-HuxI

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Davros1 posted:

If I'm not mistaken, Thunder Rosa's finisher is she get them in position for a tombstone, then pulls their head over her hip, and drops into a neckbreaker. (Kind of like a reverse Air Raid Siren/Finlay's Celtic Cross). You could see Rosa trying to get Ivelisse into that position, but instead had to do a tombstone.

Yeah, you're right. She uses the Fire Thunder Driver/Rikishi Driver or a variant of it. Usually she sits out, but since Ivelisse was too far down she had to use the Tombstone.

So Thunder Rosa rules basically for being able to switch that up on the fly.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ivelisse having a little tantrum and getting some stiff shots is so perfectly wrestling.

I can't be the only one who missed the tweet in the scroll and assumed it was going to be a 2020 wrestling story where she makes some horrible tweet or worse given it's 2020, being a bit sloppy in the ring and getting punched a few times is frankly a relief.

I also can't really understand why she wouldn't play nice in AEW given it's such a great opportunity for her career but eh wrestlers gonna wrestler

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I would like to express fondness for Kip Sabian: Crop Topped Himbo Gamer.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Benne posted:

That match loving ruled so I don't see the problem here

I guess I'm in the minority in not thinking it ruled. It felt clunky and Ivelisse's lazy offense took me right out of things every time.

Not going to agonize over it but I do hope they resolve/have resolved it in whatever way makes the most sense.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Cavauro posted:

rosa from her grave

Rosa, from her grave. Ivelisse, when the shoot punches hit.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Writer Cath posted:

You can express it by subbing to his stream at twitch.tv/thekipsabian and subscribing to his youtube channel youtube.com/thekipsabian !!!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wezlar posted:

You can express it by subbing to his stream at twitch.tv/thekipsabian and subscribing to his youtube channel youtube.com/thekipsabian !!!!!

This post is approved by All Elite Wrestling

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Jordan7hm posted:

This would have happened a week ago, no? They're still planning to have her appear next week, I assume they had lots of time to change it if they didn't think she was a fit.

Anyway, I didn't see this here in the thread yet.

https://twitter.com/ShawnDean773/status/1306611900680212484?s=20

This would be good for both Dark Order and Shawn Dean.

glad to see he's already picked out a number

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

ya blew it Ivelisse
The fans there mentioned that they'd probably have to heavily edit the match so there might've been a lot worse stuff from Ivelisse we didn't see make it. I thought the tombstone spot looked super off too. When they announced her I was thinking "Here we go again" in my head, and TH2 were already talking about how they didn't want anything to do with her but people kept insisting that she was good and changed so I just say on my hands. I'm still lol'ing that they're going to put her in a tag team match next week against two people I would definitely not try and shoot against. Even if Shida and Rosa are total professionals, Rosa will definitely put you in shoot submissions if she wants you to sell, and Shida is so powerful she can just manipulate her however she wants Brock Lesner style, and BOTH women kick really, really hard when they want to. Poor Diamonte

enigmahfc posted:

on Unrestricted, I loved Trent's reply to if he was worried that Sue would join the Dark Order.

"What? No. It's not....real...."
I can't tell if this is supposed to be in or out of kayfabe, Trent is such a weird dude :allears:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i crack up every time i see "TRENT?"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ivypls posted:

glad to see he's already picked out a number

Yeah it's going to be a cool textual detail if Shawn (Sharpdene) Dean becomes 7 of the Dark Order and it's a constant reminder of that time MJF punked him out on TNT.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

is pepsi ok posted:

It's definitely a concern but I think they can work around it by having a serious side and a goofy side to the Dark Order. Shawn would be a good addition to the serious side. You could even work his troop gimmick into it by making a story about how he struggled on his own and felt like he needed to be part of an organization again in order to succeed.

Not just that but make him the Dark Order drill sergeant and have him whip that gently caress up literal child John Silver into shape.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

My favorite part of that unrestricted was how apparently Okada is stoked that they get the crash zoom for their hug.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I wish Tony would stop tweeting about the demo if he’s going to tweet only about the “male” demo it looks weird. The fans are going to drone on about the demos more than TV executives anyway so it’s not like people won’t know.

Also it’s not like NXT will ever beat them in the demo anyway, it’s practically impossible. Maybe it’s just because I find the whole male/female words very stupid in general but it’s getting tiring. NXT is as far as i’m concerned a failed idea, why even compete with it at all. I don’t even watch takeovers anymore all the way I only watch their women’s matches on stream after shows air. The “war” has been over for months.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

I would also like to express my fondness for that particular crop topped himbo gamer

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

The worst thing about Kip Sabians twitch stream is I've learned that he vapes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wezlar posted:

you couldn't tell that just by looking at him?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1. Evil Uno

2. Miro

3. Kip Sabian

4. Colt Cabana

5. Brandon Cutler

I haven't watched any of Leva's streams so I have no clue where she falls on this ranking of twitch streamers in AEW.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wezlar posted:

Nothing has ever been less surprising than this.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Wezlar posted:

One of the best things I learned was that one of his dog's middle names used to be Dumbledore, but he took it away for all the right reasons.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I vape I vote

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

One of the best things I learned was that one of his dog's middle names used to be Dumbledore, but he took it away for all the right reasons.

His finishers were all named after HP poo poo too but I haven’t paid enough attention to see if he’s renamed those yet.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Eat My Fuc posted:

I wish Tony would stop tweeting about the demo if he’s going to tweet only about the “male” demo it looks weird. The fans are going to drone on about the demos more than TV executives anyway so it’s not like people won’t know.

Their numbers with women are decidedly middle of the pack, that’s why he’s not bragging about them.

Anyway, I think it’s real interesting that they’re putting Brandi vs. Anna Jay on the post-NBA showcase show. It does let them highlight one of the hotter angles they’ve got going, but it’s a lot of trust to put in someone who’s had a baker’s dozen worth of matches and someone who’s not necessarily someone who can carry an inexperienced wrestler.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Davros1 posted:

It looked extremely weird, I thought maybe Rosa wasn't confident she could hold her up so she just did the tombstone rather than risk dropping her, but it seems like Ivelisse was refusing to get into position for the Thunder Driver.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I wish Tony would stop tweeting about the demo if he’s going to tweet only about the “male” demo it looks weird.

No it doesn't.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

His finishers were all named after HP poo poo too but I haven’t paid enough attention to see if he’s renamed those yet.

ha, I forgot he had Avada Kedavra or some poo poo like that and Deathly Hollows

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

It looked extremely weird, I thought maybe Rosa wasn't confident she could hold her up so she just did the tombstone rather than risk dropping her, but it seems like Ivelisse was refusing to get into position for the Thunder Driver.

No it doesn't.

It does and at this point competing with NXT on any level is a waste of time. They should aim for beating RAW, they might be already I have no idea if they aren't now they'll be beating them soon. NXT is irrelevant to wrestling it's a parking lot for contracts.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Owns

https://twitter.com/jrockamongus/status/1306705724194664448?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Eat My Fuc posted:

It does and at this point competing with NXT on any level is a waste of time. They should aim for beating RAW, they might be already I have no idea if they aren't now they'll be beating them soon. NXT is irrelevant to wrestling it's a parking lot for contracts.

Tony’s tweet is about their performance among all cable programming, that’s who they’re competing with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lmao if you're not vaping weed in 2020