Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I assume TJPW kept the International Princess belt with them, but it would be pretty cool to see Rosa defending that on AEW television too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Neodoomium posted:

I assume TJPW kept the International Princess belt with them, but it would be pretty cool to see Rosa defending that on AEW television too.

Maki deserves that belt back.

edit: sad thoughts that if a global pandemic hadn't happened we would've had Maki in front of stadiums full of people. Goddamn just imagine it; thousands in attendance, and millions watching at home with the rejoinder "ITOH-CHAN!"

smikey fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 18, 2020

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Is Dynamite on Tuesday and Wednesday next week?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

1 hour taped special on Tuesday after NBA, then the normal time live on Wednesday

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

there's a special 1 hour Dynamite on Tuesday after the NBA game ends and a regular Dynamite on Wednesday

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Thanks. I hope TSN airs it too.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Alaois posted:

there's a special 1 hour Dynamite on Tuesday after the NBA game ends and a regular Dynamite on Wednesday

Are we still getting AEW Dark on Tuesday as well?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CombineThresher posted:

Are we still getting AEW Dark on Tuesday as well?

Good question!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Almost certainly getting Dark on Tuesday as well. Probably get the card tomorrow.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

THUNDER ROSA
clap clap clapclapclap
THUNDER ROSA
clap clap clapclapclap
THUNDER ROSA
clap clap clapclapclap
THUNDER ROSA
clap clap clapclapclap

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

One suggestion to Ivelisse: If MR. Brodie Lee can tie his hair back during a match, so can you. No need to constantly push it out of your face.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I can only assume we are getting a Dark on Tuesday since we’ve pleased Tony so much by getting him to #3 in the ratings

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Pretty wild that Ivelisse would sandbag/gently caress around like that with a contract on the line. That's unbelievably dumb.

I'm going to echo the people saying they hope Diamante doesn't get dragged down with her, but I don't see why she would.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

smikey posted:

Ah, well then, I'm gonna guess the collapse of society has helped them as just setting up camp currently indefinitely in a venue also owned by the same parent company is probably a great reduction of cost, and therefore even more of a financial boon.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by parent company in this sentence so I'm just gonna mention that the Khans own Daily's Place just in case you meant TNT or someone parsed it that way

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
We should get Dark on Tuesday as normal. Remember, the one-hour special was originally gonna air on Wednesday this week, but they were able to do Dynamite in its regular slot.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Zombie Lemur posted:

Pretty wild that Ivelisse would sandbag/gently caress around like that with a contract on the line. That's unbelievably dumb.

I'm going to echo the people saying they hope Diamante doesn't get dragged down with her, but I don't see why she would.
Well, again, Tony is experienced in dealing with pro athletes and didn't think anything of the Havoc/Excalibur "fight" so I really doubt he's going to make a big deal of any of this. Given there's a match they may have already worked it out, anyway, and if Ivelisse is done I doubt he's taking it out on another member of the women's division.

It's actually kinda awesome how TK gets excited about the good stuff but drama doesn't move the needle for him at all. That bit in the pod where they're describing how Sue got involved and Tony being totally cool with it just paints a good picture of the dude.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

More and more I'm convinced that Ivelisse is straight out of a "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong" sketch

smikey
May 22, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by parent company in this sentence so I'm just gonna mention that the Khans own Daily's Place just in case you meant TNT or someone parsed it that way

No, I meant that the Khans own both Daily's Place and AEW

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Santana_Proud/status/1306633562502897664

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let's see if they do that storyline the wwe way where someone turns a corner after losing a big match and goes on to lose a bunch more matches and still be all pissed off and then it just kind of stops

smikey
May 22, 2004

Cavauro posted:

let's see if they do that storyline the wwe way where someone turns a corner after losing a big match and goes on to lose a bunch more matches and still be all pissed off and then it just kind of stops

It's what they did with Hangman since Dynamite premiere until early this year when he tagged with Kenny

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smikey posted:

It's what they did with Hangman since Dynamite premiere until early this year when he tagged with Kenny

Didn't he beat PAC at Full Gear?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

In addition to Santana and Ortiz legit owning and deserving a prominent spot no matter what, they're riding high off the goodwill of the street fight and have a ready-made feud with their heel stablemates hanging in the air. Give me the face turn and then the title run!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gonna be wild if they break up Inner Circle by turning Santana & Ortiz MORE heel.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Nah with FTR riding the top as heels, Omega and Hangman broken up, and the Bucks heel the stage is set for a new upper card babyface tag team as that posituon is vacant and that is Proud n Powerful.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Spiderdrake posted:

Well, again, Tony is experienced in dealing with pro athletes and didn't think anything of the Havoc/Excalibur "fight" so I really doubt he's going to make a big deal of any of this. Given there's a match they may have already worked it out, anyway, and if Ivelisse is done I doubt he's taking it out on another member of the women's division.

It's actually kinda awesome how TK gets excited about the good stuff but drama doesn't move the needle for him at all. That bit in the pod where they're describing how Sue got involved and Tony being totally cool with it just paints a good picture of the dude.

Yeah, I mean I could see Mcmahon doing that sort of thing but I haven't seen any indication that TK would.

I'm also hopping on the Proud and Powerful face turn bandwagon. Jericho and Hager going for the tag titles is a good opportunity to put the wheels in motion I think.

Maybe Jericho tries to undercut them or convince them to be singles wrestlers because he sees them as a threat. Too bad it's not Sammy and Jericho, because on top of being a piece of poo poo Hager is about as compelling to watch as a chunk of drywall.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That could be as easy as them doing a group promo where PnP want to holler about stuff and Jericho shoves them aside doing his glory hound shtick.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hear me out: Kingston betrays the boys when PAC destroys him and helps the lucha bros; FACE DEATH TRIANGLE

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'll only accept "face" PAC if he changes absolutely nothing about his characterization and the broadcast just acknowledges that everything he does is sick and cool

Honestly you could do the same for the Lucha Bros

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Lucha Bros are Kane alignment

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

I can post the full article if nobody gives a poo poo but the tl;dr is that Thunder Rosa is taking on a leadership role for the division behind the scenes and Ivelisse is pissed about that so started to no-sell some of Rosa's stuff during the match, so Rosa just started working stiffer.

So does this pretty much mean Rosa's gonna get signed?

Because YES PLEASE.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/Fgbrisco/status/1306779846752825345

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
They better hire Brisco. He doesn't even have to do anything. Maybe show up on BTE and be Mr. Brodie's stooge and make Uno jealous.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
They should do a bit on BTE where one of the destroyed cars belongs to someone on the roster.

Maybe Brodie's car that Reynolds and Silver moved "as a favor" to get him a prime parking spot and make up for their other gently caress ups.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Zombie Lemur posted:

They should do a bit on BTE where one of the destroyed cars belongs to someone on the roster.

Maybe Brodie's car that Reynolds and Silver moved "as a favor" to get him a prime parking spot and make up for their other gently caress ups.

Can they get Sid to show up just to run to his car and shout "WHY ME?"

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Codependent Poster posted:

Can they get Sid to show up just to run to his car and shout "WHY ME?"

Only if he brings his squeegee and drops it in horror as the screen fades to black.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What aew definitely needs is more old guys coming in to cut rambling promos while their big hunky wrestler glares menacingly into the hard cam

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I was actually thinking how AEW seems to have made a real effort with the women's roster and it's been good to see. We'll have to see how Ivelisse plays out, but just this morning I was remembering when the entire women's roster they had post covid and injuries was Nyla, Shida, Ford, Swole, Brandy. It felt a bit like they were relying on external talent rather than doing that internal development. Now it feels like they have a bunch of talent either developing or just waiting for their push like Abadon, Anna Jay, Kilynn King, Red Velvet, Dani Jordan. I hope they can continue it, so that in the future they have enough depth to really run a division with their own talent. They should use their new show to give us more women's matches each week. Hell give me a women's tag division.

Also sign Thunder Rosa, Kilynn King and Nicole Savoy.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I had the weirdest dream last night. The FORBIDDEN PORTAL was found in the closet of my local American Legion. But it was Silver and Reynolds who were trying to open it while Anna Jay leaned against the nearby wall rolling her eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CobiWann posted:

I had the weirdest dream last night. The FORBIDDEN PORTAL was found in the closet of my local American Legion. But it was Silver and Reynolds who were trying to open it while Anna Jay leaned against the nearby wall rolling her eyes.

Congrats on writing next week's BTE skit