Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It is so viscerally upsetting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

First day superchat roundups!

Calli: $27,136.68
Kiara: $10,181.38
Ina: $16,792.50
Gura: $21,389.57
Amelia: $21,056.77

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Look at her chat, she's trying her best to attract the English fans, and if that means saying that or doing some sexy english then more power to her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-u-ouWlK7k

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

trucutru posted:

Look at her chat, she's trying her best to attract the English fans, and if that means saying that or doing some sexy english then more power to her

It's kinda the opposite. The english fans came to her like it did Towa, so she's adapting to them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckOfHMj0ao

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Waffleman_ posted:

It's interesting that Calli got so much more. Probably a combination of people wanting to compensate her for her music, getting an early time slot so she got donations from people who just wanted the experience of donating to someone for the first time, and spending the stream reading messages incentivising people to donate in the false hope she would get round to reading their message.

It must be a weird feeling to make $10k in an hour then having to go work the night shift at Family Mart right after though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Calli was also kinda in a good timeslot to be getting a lot of attention from both EN and JP.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Calli also just rules

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Kiara is going for those US evening simps fans now. She def gonna make up the difference tonight.
https://youtu.be/WcLmCQAbOCc

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Important as we think about newly monetized vtubers, that we take a look back to the beginning of the year and Gibara's 3D debut stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRgtfWyyL90

(this is the stream that got me back into vtubers lmao)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Liar Lyre posted:

Kiara is going for those US evening simps fans now. She def gonna make up the difference tonight.
https://youtu.be/WcLmCQAbOCc

Yeah, of the two morning streamers, Calli usually pops up at a good time for people in America to catch her after getting up, but Kiara's streaming when people are at work.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Kiara’s superchat is becoming a drive-thru. That’s a powerful gimmick. She just read the Big Smoke order.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Who wants to see a rabbit go from zero to baby in like three seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_CJsZS8LxE

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
I didn't know Kiara was trilingual. German,English,Japanese.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Waffleman_ posted:

Calli was also kinda in a good timeslot to be getting a lot of attention from both EN and JP.

Japan was only 6% of her revenue. USD was 57% despite it being in the morning US time.

Worklurker posted:

She is Austrian but for some reason refused to speak German. She was trying to hide it at first but someone must have pointed out that it's her USP so she's using german greetings now.

CJ fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 18, 2020

KoB
May 1, 2009

Worklurker posted:

shes Austrian even.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Worklurker posted:

Quadlingual. She speaks bird.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Waffleman_ posted:

i was curious who was the highest and, ocourse

coco first day: $52,345.87

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the JP meme game is on point for Gawr

https://twitter.com/maron47/status/1306791469055795200

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Reclines Obesily posted:

I think this is first day, either way it’s staggering.
https://youtu.be/OYp92xy8E1k

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Reclines Obesily posted:

Gotta launder that asacoco money somehow.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the pro strat is SCing kiara with references other than the big smoke

i've only heard one "Four fried chickens and a coke."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Can I get a fuckin あああああああああ

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Calli also just rules

:yeah:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

DANKE SCHOEN

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Calli’s first song just broke 1mil views.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if529j4bNG0

lol

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

man she is just gonna get pummeled with Big Smokes forever until she gets mad about it

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Apparently "88888888" is some japanese slang or something but spamming it in the Austrians chat had me a little :stare:

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

SpartanIvy posted:

Apparently "88888888" is some japanese slang or something but spamming it in the Austrians chat had me a little :stare:

I think its supposed to stand for clapping in japanese just like www is laughing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Oh, no don't bully kiara into crying and not speaking japanese anymore.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

This is so loving good. This is the kind of content I want.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kild posted:

Oh, no don't bully kiara into crying and not speaking japanese anymore.

I found that super chat completely dumb. I'm glad chat is fully supporting her to do her own thing. She speaks 3 human languages and bird. Let the girl speak anything she wants. This isn't the first time she's gotten comments about her speaking Japanese. I wonder if its English viewers being elitist or if antis are trying to bully her.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
You would have to assume antis. You can't be a big enough weeb to like vtubers and then be like "uh, dubs are better"

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

SpartanIvy posted:

You would have to assume antis. You can't be a big enough weeb to like vtubers and then be like "uh, dubs are better"

Well the antis got chat to flood her with more money and support for Kiara. Its kind of relieving that the situation was quickly put down. Watching the Japanese members stream its harder to counter the antis there because of the language barrier.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"Dankeschön!" --Kiara

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

It's funny because Kiara's strength is that she's funny. Pekora is pretty average at playing games for someone who plays them all the time, but that's not why anyone watches her, they watch because there's just something magical about a Wil E Coyote rabbit running into the wall very smugly over and over again. There are a few stand outs among the hololive vtubers in very specific things, like Suisei and tetris or Calli's rapping, but for the most part those are just kinda interesting features compared to the most important thing for all of them, i.e. being entertaining. I can see why Kiara might feel like she's missing her own special thing, but the reality is none of those talents are why people watch them.

Reminds me of the scrubs bit where Dr. Cox explains why everyone in the hospital is funny, and he ends with saying he's funny because he commits to his bits. Kiara fully commits to being a kinda ditzy phoenix with a crush on a grim reaper who wants to run a KFC. It takes a lot of commitment to really play that role, and then to also do it in 4 languages while doing stuff is kinda nuts.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 18, 2020

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

SpartanIvy posted:

The problem is it kills the pacing of the stream if 50% of it is just repeating what she already said. Either you understand both languages and you hear everything twice or you don't and you spend half of the time listening to her repeat herself in a language you can't understand. If you are a big enough weeb that you want to listen to Japanese then there's 30 genuine Japanese people you can go and listen to, so why would you go to the one who speaks it as a second language? The target audience of the english branch are weebs who can't speak Japanese, they should play to that strength. It will come in really useful when they are allowed to collab with the other groups though.

She already toned it down several days ago though, so it was weird that someone would send a superchat today complaining about it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

disclaimer: i am absolutely fine with kiara doing the self-dubbing

but i definitely have a couple weeb-rear end friends who got turned off from how much japanese Kiara used in her debut, mostly saying it's not what they're trying to sign up for from an english branch. there's room to disagree on it (i do) but it's not exactly a totally unfounded complaint

pretty rude to superchat her to complain about it, either way. cover corp has people checking the hashtags and conversations and listening to the feedback and passing it along as necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Right now all the new girls are still playing their bits, only time will tell which ones will resonate with the fans.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Wil E Coyote rabbit

She's a Daffy Duck who thinks she's Bugs