Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Korone was a hair away from finishing again...

Speaking of vtubers and kanji and stuff who is the book smartest vtuber on the hololive side? I mean a lot of non vtube game streamers are not exactly rocket scientists but like who is the Lifecoach of vtubers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Jerkface posted:

Speaking of vtubers and kanji and stuff who is the book smartest vtuber on the hololive side? I mean a lot of non vtube game streamers are not exactly rocket scientists but like who is the Lifecoach of vtubers

Well, considering her recent stream, Polka seems to be into books and poetry, so she might be one to consider.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Jerkface posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O1dRhsOq08

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Jerkface posted:

Probably Choco since she gave the quiz about knowledge, then Kanata who scored the highest by a mile.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Tae posted:

Probably Choco since she gave the quiz about knowledge, then Kanata who scored the highest by a mile.

Link for the lazy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMiCRn8YwAI

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Who was that vtuber that played EU4 or CK2 or something and was an expert on European history I forget, I think she was a niji

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I remember hearing a vtuber is rumoured to be a lawyer or in law due to impressive recall of Japanese law and I refuse to do any further research because I want to believe

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

What is the point of kanji when even native japanese go "loving KANJI??"

It is useful to make lovely puns and lovely puns are vital for japanese comedy.

See: Kiara's and Ina's names.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
SHE DID IT!

The insane dog actually brute forced the pattern.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

trucutru posted:

SHE DID IT!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
"Ending kore dake?".

-Korone's last words.

Brings me fond memories of finishing Jurassic Park on the SNES. WHAT A PILE OF poo poo!

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Eleven hours later, victory is achieved.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

And heeeeeeeere come the Superchaaaaaaaaaaaaaats!

(including my first $5 to a VTuber... I'm glad)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Has she played battletoads? She definitely has what it takes.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

And on the other side of the spectrum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUS7lIOqTPw

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

homeless snail posted:

Who was that vtuber that played EU4 or CK2 or something and was an expert on European history I forget, I think she was a niji

She's one of the Nijisanji IDs, that's for sure. I'll see if I can dig up her name/channel.

Edit: found her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS6KRubmne4

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Oh yeah I thought it might have been her, she has a lot of interesting videos on Indonesian history also

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
pre:
               ION
            LAT
        TU
    GRA
CON

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I wish the ID Vtubers got more attention, they really are some hidden gems. Most of them tend to be English-bilingual as well.

e: Come to think of it, getting into Vtubers has really made me notice how English has become the online lingua franca for just about everywhere except Japan.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 21, 2020

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

This owns

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Jerkface posted:

Yea she was either born there or lived there for her a while but she has been living in Japan for like 3+ years. I can't really debate this further due to it involving her past streaming stuff but even if she grew up in America she is still a Japanese person very tapped into Japanese culture who is living in Japan. It's not like they took Coco off the streets of Georgia

edit: like I'm confident.coco being "bad" at Japanese is a bit...

In one of the streams talking about her dad seemingly going senile, I'm pretty sure she also mentions her mom considering moving back to USDA. Japanese father and American mother sounds likely to me.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
holy poo poo what a terrible game, glad she had fun. she beat it just under youtubes 12 hour limit too

https://twitter.com/inugamikorone/status/1307862073922084866

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, it's not like Coco hides who she is.

She has lived in Japan for about 12 years now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The best part was how she died after winning because the 'ending' was so low effort it didn't even really stop the game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Phosphatide/status/1307735497091903490?s=20

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Brunom1 posted:

Well, considering her recent stream, Polka seems to be into books and poetry, so she might be one to consider.

We say this and then she posts her incredibly scuffed ms paint schedule

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

She's one of the Nijisanji IDs, that's for sure. I'll see if I can dig up her name/channel.

Edit: found her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS6KRubmne4
drat, I'll have to watch that later. I'm glad it's not EU4, and especially not a full campaign, because that would be the end for me. I'd never be able to escape the rabbit hole after that.

Just putting that out there, for any vtubers who might be lurking around here. Please don't play EU4. That's Europa Universalis Four. My one and only weakness.

Teavian
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7h5MnDDWk

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
FractalSandwich found dead having binged through a vtuber's Jewish Three Mountains attempts

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I’ve somehow fell into a Hololive hole this past week thanks to YouTubes recommendations and stumbling across this thread.

FWIW Coco deserves all the hype. I don’t know if it’s due to her possible Atlanta upbringing, but I constantly get Adult Swim vibes from her. Something in the Atlanta water I guess. At her best, the whole vtuber setup, boundary breaking and flippant joke tone reminds me of the madness of Space Ghost, which I guess is a high compliment.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eej posted:

FractalSandwich found dead having binged through a vtuber's Jewish Three Mountains attempts
At last, without a physical body to hold me back, I can fully ascend to the virtual world.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Bloody Pom posted:

I wish the ID Vtubers got more attention, they really are some hidden gems. Most of them tend to be English-bilingual as well.

e: Come to think of it, getting into Vtubers has really made me notice how English has become the online lingua franca for just about everywhere except Japan.

Huh? Most rest of Asia and a whole host of other places communicate almost entirely in their own languages as well, English might be the most common language on the internet but most of the internet does not consist of English or English speakers.

I don't really get where you're getting this "everywhere except Japan" thing when places like say China are right there next to 'em.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 21, 2020

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Good to see that coco is learning to sing in her coco voice. She'll soon be an idol.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Kanfy posted:

Huh? Most rest of Asia and a whole host of other places communicate almost entirely in their own languages as well, English might be the most common language on the internet but most of the internet does not consist of English or English speakers.

I don't really get where you're getting this "everywhere except Japan" thing when places like say China are right there next to 'em.

You're right, this was a pretty dumb observation to make. Chalk it up to me being mentally exhuasted from work when I posted it :shobon:

Lol at Amelia spending all evening streaming while the other girls took a much-needed break. She really is a true gamer.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The observation that most of the Indonesian vtubers are bilingual isn't wrong, though. A decent amount are even trilingual.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I've been noticing vtuber stuff as background radiation memes for like a year or two now but holy poo poo the en launch has driven me off the deep end into this stuff

Help

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Minrad posted:

I've been noticing vtuber stuff as background radiation memes for like a year or two now but holy poo poo the en launch has driven me off the deep end into this stuff

Help
Throwing you a life preserver but its actually a bluray disc of Hololive's 1st fes, Non Stop Story

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

The observation that most of the Indonesian vtubers are bilingual isn't wrong, though. A decent amount are even trilingual.

Didn't Niji rebrand their Indian group into their official English group as well, simply because ESL is so common there?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Minrad posted:

Help

only god dog can help you now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

Didn't Niji rebrand their Indian group into their official English group as well, simply because ESL is so common there?

Yes but India isn't the same as Indonesia. :haw: