Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Trump’s eventually just going to straight up bomb states he doesn’t like (blue) isn’t he?

it'll happen about a year into his second term. please look forward to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I wasn’t allowed to go on the 7th grade field trip to the Statue of Liberty because my mom 100% believed I would be shot immediately upon entering the city.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I wasn’t allowed to go on the 7th grade field trip to the Statue of Liberty because my mom 100% believed I would be shot immediately upon entering the city.

Well you didn't not get not shot did you?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Well you didn't not get not shot did you?

I got picked on for being the only kid who didn’t go :(

Thanks mom

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

You gotta be careful, sometimes the Ghostbusters hijack the statue of liberty and have to go smash a slime dome in the middle of the city.

Your mom was just trying to keep you safe.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

LordSloth posted:

I admit I did not expect Trump to go here.

I want to believe someone like RBG on her deathbed would spend the time with her loved ones trying to enjoy her last moments on this dying earth, not dictating a statement that fits whatever the Political Do-Or-Die Issue of The Century Of The Week happens to be.

At best maybe it's succdem wistful thinking, but :stare: a full on conspiracy? I can't believe i'm still shocked by how absolutely shameless he is.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

red19fire posted:

I want to believe someone like RBG on her deathbed would spend the time with her loved ones trying to enjoy her last moments on this dying earth, not dictating a statement that fits whatever the Political Do-Or-Die Issue of The Century Of The Week happens to be.
I think it was "shortly before her death," not "while actively dying, between death rattles".

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Trump: If we wall in NYC then we can shut off the SDNY investigation.

Barr: Yeah, no it doesn't work like tha...

Trump: DO IT!

Barr (picking up the phone): Operation Snake Plissken is a go, I repeat a go!

I hope Prump forces the country into Escape from New York levels of chaos that'd be rad as gently caress

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Virginia Slams posted:

I hope Prump forces the country into Escape from New York levels of chaos that'd be rad as gently caress

The Cool Zone

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

red19fire posted:

At best maybe it's succdem wistful thinking, but :stare: a full on conspiracy? I can't believe i'm still shocked by how absolutely shameless he is.

On the other hand, this election season has been going for a while, and it wasn't exactly like her death was sudden. She was going in and out of hospitals for cancer, pneumonia and various other potentially life-threatening things non-stop for the last couple of years. So it's not out of the question that she could have dictated a statement earlier in the year or something. John Lewis literally dictated an NYT op-ed piece while dying, so why not?

I'm just surprised Trump didn't claim that RBG called him with her dying breath, declaring her undying love and loyalty to MAGA.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Shanghaied posted:

I'm just surprised Trump didn't claim that RBG called him with her dying breath, declaring her undying love and loyalty to MAGA.

Give him a day or so.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Florida governor just signed a bill that he wants to "defund cities that want to defund the police".

So I guess the Constitution doesn't matter to republicans unless it's the 2nd amendment. Which, duh, but Jesus Christ, outright fascism here we go.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Jose posted:

Politicians really shouldn't be so old they're going senile

In America age discrimination laws only protect OLD rear end PEOPLE from age discrimination. You can discriminate against anyone under 40, you can fire them for being 39, and it doesn't matter. But we are led by people who are so old their brains don't even work anymore and ain't nothing to do about it

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Hirayuki posted:

I think it was "shortly before her death," not "while actively dying, between death rattles".

it was also one line, not like she wrote a manifesto about it

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

red19fire posted:

There's a greater than 60% chance that when I die, 1 year to 60 years from now, my gravestone will read "gently caress TRUMP".

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

hahahahaha, that's a lol

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

A Fancy Hat posted:

My CHUD in-laws think New York City is a nightmarish hellhole where you'll get robbed, raped, beaten, murdered, and then dragged into the toxic sewers by CHUDs (the cool ones) to be transformed into a Democrat. There may or may not be major issues with the Foot Clan, I'm not sure of the current Ninja Turtle situation to be honest.

This is sure to add fuel to that fire.

I have met many, many people with this exact mindset. It's sad that they miss out on so much by being so terrified of everything.

I like living in cities because people mostly mind their own business and leave me alone. Small towns are where all the nosy, intrusive motherfuckers dwell.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Crazy Nancy and the Do Nothing Democrats want to impeach my perfectly normal AG!

Trump's AG: MEN, NEW YORK CITY HAS FALLEN TO THE ANARCHISTS. WE MUST PULL OUR FUNDING, IT IS ONLY WASTED THERE

DO NOT DISOBEY ME! ALL POWER IS VESTED IN THE ATTORNEY GENERAL! YOU ARE MERELY PAWNS!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I have met many, many people with this exact mindset. It's sad that they miss out on so much by being so terrified of everything.

I like living in cities because people mostly mind their own business and leave me alone. Small towns are where all the nosy, intrusive motherfuckers dwell.

Trump dude I talk to at work asked, honestly, "aren't you afraid a black guy is going to throw a brick at your head? They hate white people, man!"

I just said "no" and walked away because wtf is that poo poo?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

"i've talked to the top psychic medium and he says john mccain is actually really happy for all that i've done and is totally fine with me calling him a shitheel war loser"

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Trump dude I talk to at work asked, honestly, "aren't you afraid a black guy is going to throw a brick at your head? They hate white people, man!"

It's kinda like when goons asked Doobie about racism in rural Alabama and he said something like "it kinda goes both ways". That should have been a huge red flag, but yeah...

A lot of white people resent and fear minorities, and they project that unto members of minority communities.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Strong Sauce posted:

"i've talked to the top psychic medium and he says john mccain is actually really happy for all that i've done and is totally fine with me calling him a shitheel war loser"

He literally said in public, in front of other human beings, that George Floyd, who was murdered at that point, was happy about the latest job numbers.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Well NYC is a pretty scary place, I saw a fascinating documentary about it a few years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--gdB-nnQkU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Shanghaied posted:

He literally said in public, in front of other human beings, that George Floyd, who was murdered at that point, was happy about the latest job numbers.

lol i forgot about that

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Donald trump could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and it was all antifa fault

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

"In honour of Justice Ginsburg's dying wish, the real one, not the fake one that Crazy Nancy lied about, we are going to bury her without ceremony in an anonymous landfill and move to replace her with her arch-nemesis as quickly as possible. It's what she would have wanted, no matter what her friends, family and the fake lamestream media might tell you."

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Strong Sauce posted:

TBF he was a shitheel war loser.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

My CHUD in-laws think New York City is a nightmarish hellhole where you'll get robbed, raped, beaten, murdered, and then dragged into the toxic sewers by CHUDs (the cool ones) to be transformed into a Democrat. There may or may not be major issues with the Foot Clan, I'm not sure of the current Ninja Turtle situation to be honest.

This is sure to add fuel to that fire.

Europeans on this very forum have said that they're scared to travel to NYC or Chicago because they'll face a hail of gunfire.

No one lives a normal life in these cities, you see, every waking moment is lived shooting or being shot at.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Does he think Antifa have bred a 2nd-gen supersoldier capable of lifting a whole brick? 1st-gen couldn't handle anything heavier than a bag of soup.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1308087355388112897?s=19

This really does show the priorities of the government. Both sides are using this to grift fundraising dollars while a loving pandemic is still ruining the lives of the citizens they're supposed to represent.

Oscar Wild fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 21, 2020

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Oscar Wild posted:

This really dies show the priorities of the government. Both sides are using this to grift fundraising dollars while a loving pandemic is still ruining the lives of the citizens they're supposed to represent. suppressing the vote of the peasants they don't care about.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/PauleyTeeks/status/1307708130977918980?s=19

Lol

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Big Beef City posted:

Europeans on this very forum have said that they're scared to travel to NYC or Chicago because they'll face a hail of gunfire.

No one lives a normal life in these cities, you see, every waking moment is lived shooting or being shot at.

Tbf, going to the US now? Lol

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
did anyone seriously not expect that Mitch McConnell was going to rush through a SCOTUS nominee immediately after the seat became available despite what happened with Merrick Garland? Honestly, he's been on video within the past 2-3 years with his gently caress-hole smile bragging about how he would absolutely put some a conservative judge in there immediately.

loving Grim Reaper. I'm gonna take a day off work and drink like a motherfucker when he dies. It'll be Party City up in this bitch.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

What exactly is the plan when Trump just refuses to leave office? I see it going a few ways after the election:

Big Biden win: Trump uses the size of his loss as evidence the election was rigged...confusion and lawsuits muddy the waters and Republicans back Trump until they "figure out how the election was stolen"...Trump stays in office.
Small Biden win: Trump launches investigations into voter fraud causing enough confusion and lawsuits that the process is effectively halted again and Republicans keep bootlicking...Trump refuses to leave office.
Small Trump win: Trump bullshits about launching an investigation into why his win wasn't bigger...Dems are confused as to why they lost...promise to vote harder next time...Trump stays in office.
Big Trump win: Trump declares himself God King Emperor of the Great American Reich...Despite everyone knowing the election results are obviously rigged and we've entered the third world dictatorship phase of america...Trump stays in office.

He's been flat out saying for months that he wont honor the election results that don't have him as the winner, and everyone involved on the Republican side are perfectly fine with that and wont even speak out against it.

I see many on the left saying "Oh but...x rule, y law, z amendment" but there's zero evidence Trump is bound by any of it and just like everything else hes done already he faces no consequences.

So what is going to happen if Trump just ignores the election and keeps on trucking? What leverage can the left even use to oust him when the Republicans support him without fail even when poo poo is flat out illegal?

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

LOL!!!

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
Trump loses but issues an executive order creating the 10000-day month Trumpuary immediately following December.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Sedgr posted:

I see many on the left saying "Oh but...x rule, y law, z amendment" but there's zero evidence Trump is bound by any of it and just like everything else hes done already he faces no consequences.

"Sir, you can't do that because of the rules, various laws, precedent, and sacred tradition, and decorum."
"Is there anyone who will actually press criminal charges against me or enforce the law in any meaningful way?"
"Well no but still you-"
"I'm doing it. Twice!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Sedgr posted:

What exactly is the plan when Trump just refuses to leave office? I see it going a few ways after the election:

Big Biden win: Trump uses the size of his loss as evidence the election was rigged...confusion and lawsuits muddy the waters and Republicans back Trump until they "figure out how the election was stolen"...Trump stays in office.
Small Biden win: Trump launches investigations into voter fraud causing enough confusion and lawsuits that the process is effectively halted again and Republicans keep bootlicking...Trump refuses to leave office.
Small Trump win: Trump bullshits about launching an investigation into why his win wasn't bigger...Dems are confused as to why they lost...promise to vote harder next time...Trump stays in office.
Big Trump win: Trump declares himself God King Emperor of the Great American Reich...Despite everyone knowing the election results are obviously rigged and we've entered the third world dictatorship phase of america...Trump stays in office.

He's been flat out saying for months that he wont honor the election results that don't have him as the winner, and everyone involved on the Republican side are perfectly fine with that and wont even speak out against it.

So what is going to happen if Trump just ignores the election and keeps on trucking? What leverage can the left even use to oust him when the Republicans support him without fail even when poo poo is flat out illegal?

I think the best worst case scenario is that Prump cheats and wins but Senate flips because they didn't focus enough cheating the Senate race, then it's big boy Prump impeachment time again but this time he's beyond screwed.