Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
e: doomsnipe

re: kali

those were good times

thanks for briefly transporting me to an era that was, comparatively, remarkably less lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

spelunky 2 is fuckin great if you like games like spelunky

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
spelunky is weird for me b/c i liked it a lot at first when it was freeware and pixel graphics but any iteration after just doesn’t grab me at all

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEC6iAtAU8

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

me logging on to yospos:

so long, gray browser!

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

me logging on to yospos:

so long, gray browser!

Super Mario 3D All-Stars removed that line from the Mario 64 port.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

kali ruled for its time. I even had the paid version which I paid for with a check and received my key via regular postal service lmao

loved it though.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have been running a little script to notify me when the evga 3080 website changes and it pinged today, so i quickly went there and was able to put the card in my cart. then evga apparently posted on twitter that they had some cards for sale, the site immediately exploded, and when it came back up 10 minutes later i was told that the card had been removed from my cart because it was out of stock.

gg to all involved. really incredible planning and foresight

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
need to update that script to go through all the steps of adding to cart and checking out too

to beat the bots you must become one

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
yeah i gave it 1.5 hours and ff15 sucks

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

haveblue posted:

need to update that script to go through all the steps of adding to cart and checking out too

to beat the bots you must become one

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

like for real have it ping you after it’s filled out the cc info and everything so you can immediately mash the button

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

also share the completed script sans pii tia

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

does an hour and a half in a recent final fantasy game even get you past the opening cutscene?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Clark Nova posted:

does an hour and a half in a recent final fantasy game even get you past the opening cutscene?
not as bad as ff13 but few things are

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Uptime Sinclair posted:

16 looks like it's actually going to be a final fantasy instead of anime prince umbridge vas mccool and his besties driving around in the adam west batmobile, so that's nice

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Kazinsal posted:

anime prince umbridge vas mccool and his besties driving around in the adam west batmobile, so that's nice

wtf this sounds amazing

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

wtf this sounds amazing
the game opens with you slowly pushing it and it takes 1.5 hours of play before you can drive it

the game is also mostly bants between the lads, all other characterization is nonexistent and the story/dialogue is absolutely awful

the only reason to play it is if you really like the main 4 dudes and/or the combat system which... did not grab me at all

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

isn't there a boss fight that literally takes an entire day in real time

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

i’ll never know! the sidequests are also stupid and boring and i’m sure they have a huge pile of them and extra bosses/dungeons for the jrpg heads

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

the game opens with you slowly pushing it and it takes 1.5 hours of play before you can drive it

i have no desire to relive the experience of owning my first car as a teenager. hard pass.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Roosevelt posted:

You can fight a superboss very early on in the game and if you have a lot of potions it takes ~5 hours to kill it.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

You can fight a superboss very early on in the game and if you have a lot of potions it takes ~5 hours to kill it.
this reminds me of the people who screenshotted and complained about one of the first “””obstacles””” in the first 15 mins of super metroid when it hit the wii bazaar

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Uptime Sinclair posted:

this reminds me of the people who screenshotted and complained about one of the first “””obstacles””” in the first 15 mins of super metroid when it hit the wii bazaar

:rip: miiverse

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

:yeah:

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Uptime Sinclair posted:

“””obstacles””” in the first 15 mins of super metroid

the what thing?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Lysidas posted:

the what thing?

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
lol so what exactly are they missing? getitng "stuck' and not fully exploring the area to find the thing to beat to get the morph ball bomb, or beating it and getting that and not using the new ability to try getting out? mix of both across different people?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Lysidas posted:

lol so what exactly are they missing? getitng "stuck' and not fully exploring the area to find the thing to beat to get the morph ball bomb, or beating it and getting that and not using the new ability to try getting out? mix of both across different people?
it’s probably mostly the former than the latter/both but it stuck out as funny to me at the time

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

French Canadian posted:

Super Mario 3D All-Stars removed that line from the Mario 64 port.

wtf

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Lysidas posted:

i'll have you know that gamers don't miss anything and their minds are precisely tuned to effortlessly work out and bypass any puzzle, challenge, or obstacle that stands in their way

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lmao

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the reaction to getting stuck for five seconds being "hmm, a glitch methinks??" is a damning indictment of both modern games and modern gamers

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

press f to throw in the towel

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Kazinsal posted:

16 looks like it's actually going to be a final fantasy instead of anime prince umbridge vas mccool and his besties driving around in the adam west batmobile, so that's nice

it's going to be an action rpg, the combat looks like kingdom hearts air juggles doing the same 5 move combo for 60 hours

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I really hate the decision to move away from turn based combat in the newer FF games. It felt like they were going in the right direction with what they did in XII but then completely scrapped that.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I really hate the decision to move away from turn based combat in the newer FF games. It felt like they were going in the right direction with what they did in XII but then completely scrapped that.
yeah. i guess there’s a free prequel demake for ff15 but haven’t tried it. i wonder if they can still make a good one at this point

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://twitter.com/nomanssky/status/1308693631566598144?s=21

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it's likely due to using a japanese/international version where hes koopa, not bowser, so now its bye bye or as several people have said now:

https://twitter.com/Fireteambrav0/status/1302030334784016384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Uptime Sinclair posted:

yeah. i guess there’s a free prequel demake for ff15 but haven’t tried it. i wonder if they can still make a good one at this point

Same, I was wondering what happened with the game and apparently a lot of it was due the board of directors involving themselves more with the process. In XII, years into production they told the team that an older main character wasn't marketable and they had to redo the entire story. It got so bad that the creator of the series, and a bunch of people who had been core to the series left.