Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The crown jewel of my collection

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still cant find aew toys besides the ring and the belt.

i don't think i've ever had to hunt this hard lmao

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

What's the rarest wrestling figure?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dr. Zoggle posted:

rhythm and blues greg valentine. never officially hit retail but some figures here and there found their way into the wild. a number of them are incomplete with the action arm not attached and those loose go for mid 4 figures

there's a cool write up about it here

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dr. Zoggle posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

rumor is they purposely did a limited released of both this wave and the 2nd so that their figure lines in the future would be more in demand

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

JOHN CENA posted:

Lol I was about to ask if they're worth it. I guess they don't exist. Walmart.com has an AEW banner that links to ELITE WWE figures.

I'm thousands deep into my TF collection (I stopped now they fill my room) so I don't collect any more but a Kenny Omega just seems cool to have.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i had the first 'the rock' figure where he still had blue underpants on from being rocky maivia and they didn't bother to change it to the exact same thing but black underpants. i wanted the black underpants one that was exactly the same pretty bad, but i didn't have it. there weren't any out yet that said 'the rock' on the underpants or anything like that

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I hope the AEW series 2 figures get restocked on ringside collectables because they're already gone and they're not even out yet. Scalpers selling them all for like 50 dollars on ebay

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I had a William regal action figure that wore a blue button up shirt and khaki pants and I sharpied his hair and gave him a beard so he could be a Billy Mays action figure

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my first figs were a toys r us set of bonecrunchers with the belts. i wanna say it included uhhhh bret hart, goldust and davey/owen. it was a christmas gift and my cousin gave me his old ring which is what i used exclusively. i stopped getting figures i think when pokemon came out and that kind of overtook wrestling for me, especially when goldberg lost.

e: okay im mixing up the two TRU exclusives

i had the top one. i think i used the remco knockoffs they sold at the bodega by us that came with belts they were like $3 each. they were kinda shaped like he man figures and the belts always had different colored straps with a generic sticker in the front. at first i had a silver strap and a black strap so those were my intercontinental and wwf championship and when i saw a couple figs that had a green strap i bought those for my tag titles and just used the remco figs as jobbers

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 22, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

look at how much cooler

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
as a kid i had a bunch of the classic hasbro ones with that special action gimmicks, but one day my sister was being incredibly mean and made me throw them away as punishment

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

these were the knockoffs i got, this specific packaging, i remember it because the wrestler in the art looked exactly like the wrestler character from streets of rage 2.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i had fake he-man molded generic wrestlers as well but can't remember what they looked like and they came from big lots or somewhere. that's all

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i had fake he-man molded generic wrestlers as well but can't remember what they looked like and they came from big lots or somewhere. that's all

I had these they looked like Italian men

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cavauro posted:

they 100% came from Dollar Stores

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There were absolutely AWA Remco figures that looked like cheap He-Man figures

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Those drat major brothers have spiked the price of too many figures.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

KungFu Grip posted:

There were absolutely AWA Remco figures that looked like cheap He-Man figures

Remco did He-Man knock-offs using DC Comic's Warlord and actually getting the Conan license. It's not surprising that the wouldn't let those molds go to waste

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I had 2 rubber WWE figures that had holes for your thumb in the butt: JYD and Hogan.

I think the idea was you were supposed to thumb wrestle with them

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I almost had a mint-condition vintage 1990 Ted DiBiase figure, but my cousin's kids opened the packaging up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

found a mjf in the wild but dont have room in the budget this month...

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Tato posted:

Those drat major brothers have spiked the price of too many figures.

They have definitely American Pickers'd the hobby and prices will probably never go down on anything.

I've unfortunately had to liquidate most of my stuff(to ToyVomit) but I do collect Rey Mysterio and the WWF Hasbros(loose)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
sup

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Oh I totally forgot, last May I preordered the full LIJ set from Super7. They're supposed to ship this summer.

https://www.njpw1972.com/74641

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i assume no SANADA because he's still a freelancer?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
EVIL!? Get that treacherous dog out of here.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mob posted:

Oh I totally forgot, last May I preordered the full LIJ set from Super7. They're supposed to ship this summer.

"supposedly" wave one is going to ship in feburary so i'll finally get the ishii figure i ordered like 2 years ago, so like i wouldnt hold my breath on that

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the super 7s are so nice

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mob posted:

My partner ordered a Tanahashi for me that should have been here 2 Christmases ago and it still doesn't exist. Good luck!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

JOHN CENA posted:

i assume no SANADA because he's still a freelancer?

he's not now but that may have been the case then

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

I had this as a kid

https://images.app.goo.gl/JbHAjzjovZyBMEhR8

The knee of it was broken and wouldn't stick in one place, just flop around

I appreciate how apt this was as an adult

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

CptAwesome posted:

I had this as a kid

https://images.app.goo.gl/JbHAjzjovZyBMEhR8

The knee of it was broken and wouldn't stick in one place, just flop around

I appreciate how apt this was as an adult

I
My brother and I had the same one, along with the Goldberg and Scott Hall from the same set. We must’ve had a fourth one but I cannot remember for the life of me whose figure it would’ve been. Probably DDP or Sting.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Yeah there's no SANADA because of contract things at the time.

I emailed about the release and they said this summer, I believe the Series 1 figures are going to ship pretty soon.

Tip: do your Super 7 preordering through somewhere like Big Bad Toy Store that doesn't charge you until they ship. I went through Super 7 themselves and had to pay up front.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

My partner ordered a Tanahashi for me that should have been here 2 Christmases ago and it still doesn't exist. Good luck!

the "good" news is that they actually seem to have the figures going through their final sample parts

https://twitter.com/RingsideC/status/1346602692714618882
https://twitter.com/RingsideC/status/1346602412476407808
https://twitter.com/RingsideC/status/1346602991554584584

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

KungFu Grip posted:

as a kid i had a bunch of the classic hasbro ones with that special action gimmicks, but one day my sister was being incredibly mean and made me throw them away as punishment

You mean these? I was just in the right age group for these too. I loved the poo poo out of them even though they were really dumb in a lot of ways since they could only only do one thing. There were two Hogans; the one up there with the open hands and the even worse one that couldn't do anything but bear hug. You had the ones with spring action that all had funky growths on their back (that you were meant to press down on). But still, maybe it's the nostalgia factor but I still greatly prefer these ones to more modern action figures. They were so distinct and colorful and really made the whole "New Generation" thing make sense. I mean how much difference is there between a John Cena action figure and a say, Batista or Randy Orton action figure really?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the kid who lived next to me said he would give me all his wrestling figures in trade for an x-men gambit if i ever found one. the gambit one was probably a few years old by then and wouldn't be in wal-mart so that was the end. but i still hoped they would magically have one, some day. didn't know how that stuff worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I remember getting this from K-B Toys as a kid and being so disappointed that the actual product was just a normal steel cage. I still feel ripped off even though it was like twenty years ago and my mom's money, not mine.