Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
JOHN CENA
Oct 20, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

still a threat

The crown jewel of my collection

JOHN CENA
Oct 20, 2006

i still cant find aew toys besides the ring and the belt.

i don't think i've ever had to hunt this hard lmao

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

What's the rarest wrestling figure?

JOHN CENA
Oct 20, 2006

Dr. Zoggle posted:

rhythm and blues greg valentine. never officially hit retail but some figures here and there found their way into the wild. a number of them are incomplete with the action arm not attached and those loose go for mid 4 figures

there's a cool write up about it here

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Qu'ils mangent de la baise!

Dr. Zoggle posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

rumor is they purposely did a limited released of both this wave and the 2nd so that their figure lines in the future would be more in demand

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

JOHN CENA posted:

Lol I was about to ask if they're worth it. I guess they don't exist. Walmart.com has an AEW banner that links to ELITE WWE figures.

I'm thousands deep into my TF collection (I stopped now they fill my room) so I don't collect any more but a Kenny Omega just seems cool to have.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i had the first 'the rock' figure where he still had blue underpants on from being rocky maivia and they didn't bother to change it to the exact same thing but black underpants. i wanted the black underpants one that was exactly the same pretty bad, but i didn't have it. there weren't any out yet that said 'the rock' on the underpants or anything like that

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I hope the AEW series 2 figures get restocked on ringside collectables because they're already gone and they're not even out yet. Scalpers selling them all for like 50 dollars on ebay

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

still a threat

I had a William regal action figure that wore a blue button up shirt and khaki pants and I sharpied his hair and gave him a beard so he could be a Billy Mays action figure

JOHN CENA
Oct 20, 2006

my first figs were a toys r us set of bonecrunchers with the belts. i wanna say it included uhhhh bret hart, goldust and davey/owen. it was a christmas gift and my cousin gave me his old ring which is what i used exclusively. i stopped getting figures i think when pokemon came out and that kind of overtook wrestling for me, especially when goldberg lost.

e: okay im mixing up the two TRU exclusives

i had the top one. i think i used the remco knockoffs they sold at the bodega by us that came with belts they were like $3 each. they were kinda shaped like he man figures and the belts always had different colored straps with a generic sticker in the front. at first i had a silver strap and a black strap so those were my intercontinental and wwf championship and when i saw a couple figs that had a green strap i bought those for my tag titles and just used the remco figs as jobbers

JOHN CENA fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 22, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

look at how much cooler

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

as a kid i had a bunch of the classic hasbro ones with that special action gimmicks, but one day my sister was being incredibly mean and made me throw them away as punishment

JOHN CENA
Oct 20, 2006

these were the knockoffs i got, this specific packaging, i remember it because the wrestler in the art looked exactly like the wrestler character from streets of rage 2.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i had fake he-man molded generic wrestlers as well but can't remember what they looked like and they came from big lots or somewhere. that's all

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Qu'ils mangent de la baise!

Cavauro posted:

i had fake he-man molded generic wrestlers as well but can't remember what they looked like and they came from big lots or somewhere. that's all

I had these they looked like Italian men

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008
Good luck with your depression!

Cavauro posted:

they 100% came from Dollar Stores

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

There were absolutely AWA Remco figures that looked like cheap He-Man figures

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Those drat major brothers have spiked the price of too many figures.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

KungFu Grip posted:

There were absolutely AWA Remco figures that looked like cheap He-Man figures

Remco did He-Man knock-offs using DC Comic's Warlord and actually getting the Conan license. It's not surprising that the wouldn't let those molds go to waste

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I had 2 rubber WWE figures that had holes for your thumb in the butt: JYD and Hogan.

I think the idea was you were supposed to thumb wrestle with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

The Timeless Child is THE DOCTOR? Oh, for God's sake!

Top Cop

I almost had a mint-condition vintage 1990 Ted DiBiase figure, but my cousin's kids opened the packaging up.