Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Soricidus posted:

do they also talk about their tesla s class

tesla owners wouldn't know class if it hit them in the rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/MKeithChen/status/1308559134690693120?s=20

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

imagine being an elon musk fan

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

did elon "genius" munks invent a tunnel boering machine that runs through the roof because it's all just 'roof' and the machine can go right through that no problem

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Dude looks like a wannabe Shingy, I wonder who could be that dumb?

"Behavioral economist and professor @uclaanderson"

Oh that makes sense. Imagine going to get your MBA and having a professor who's a huge Musk fan.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

im the guy standing on a wet ladder with one foot

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Eeyo posted:

im the guy standing on a wet ladder with one foot

thank you for your plumbing service

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

thank you for your plumbing service

don't sign...my posts?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

MomJeans420 posted:

Dude looks like a wannabe Shingy, I wonder who could be that dumb?

"Behavioral economist and professor @uclaanderson"

Oh that makes sense. Imagine going to get your MBA and having a professor who's a huge Musk fan.

Dude grifts like no other. What other use is there for an mba other than to try and make as much money as possible?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

His bio just gets better and better but it really all makes sense once you get to the Uber portion.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yeah, that scans with the rest of the whackadoo pseudoscience that is economics

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
"i'm like hari seldon, except instead of psychohistory it's phrenology but with language"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ah yes the guy who optimized surge pricing,

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

why didn't they turn off the water?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PIZZA.BAT posted:

why didn't they turn off the water?

how good can the tesla solar installers local plumber really be?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
imagine being remembered as the man who taught monkeys to use money

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Imagine owning a home and not knowing where your water cutoff is

e: I assume it's inaccessible if a plumber wouldn't take one look and say the same but still 8 hours is enough to call DPW's emergency line and get it shut off at the utility valve

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
you can normally turn off your water on your own main cut off or the one on the street, so thats like 2 ways to fix that "issue"

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Not a Children posted:

Imagine owning a home and not knowing where your water cutoff is

e: I assume it's inaccessible if a plumber wouldn't take one look and say the same but still 8 hours is enough to call DPW's emergency line and get it shut off at the utility valve

how the gently caress can you possibly have an inaccessible shut off!?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

what the gently caress!!

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Now that I think about it, how do you cut open a water pipe installing solar panels on the roof? Does he have fire sprinklers? I'm as far as you can get from a plumber but I've never seen a water pipe in an attic in Southern California, except for my friend's parents' house that had a solar water heater

*edit*
I mean even if you're the shadiest home builder around, surely the city / water department already put a cutoff in the street?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

how the gently caress can you possibly have an inaccessible shut off!?

lol I mean I know a lot of old poo poo apartments don't have them accessible to tenants but I'm used to living like a poor so yeah this guy absolutely does loving have access to his shutoff

Why the gently caress didn't the plumber look for it

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

almost all the comments are people yelling at him to turn the water off lmao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

almost all the comments are people yelling at him to turn the water off lmao

maybe he needed to do the dishes or something and couldnt turn it off

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/MKeithChen/status/1308564017988870144

Love the car though.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my house is flooding so I'll furiously tweet the genius hero ceo and then spider man will save me and kiss me upside down

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

he actually did say this in one of the follow up tweets, lol

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

who has access to install rooftop solar and has a high pressure sprinkler system?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

hobbesmaster posted:

who has access to install rooftop solar and has a high pressure sprinkler system?
Possibly a PUD detached townhouse situation built cheap as fuk.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i can’t stop laughing at this sprinkler thing

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
how do you have 1) a high-pressure fire sprinkler line running through your house and 2) no idea how to turn it off?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

many condo owners would probably qualify there

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

how expensive of a repair do you think this is gonna he

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

https://twitter.com/MKeithChen/status/1308597160418533376

:tesla:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol

also i'm p sure sprinklers just operate from a big tank sealed up on the roof, they aren't under pressure and esp not high pressure

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

MomJeans420 posted:

His bio just gets better and better but it really all makes sense once you get to the Uber portion.

combining evopsych and econ using an elaborate fusion dance to create a pseuper psayin pseudo pscience

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

fart simpson posted:

he actually did say this in one of the follow up tweets, lol

I had to verify this and you're right:

https://twitter.com/MKeithChen/status/1308565774257152000?s=20

I was thinking it's so bad it must be a troll account, but it was created in 2012 so I think he may be serious. Although if you wanted to design a profile that pisses me off it'd be hard to beat his.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol

also i'm p sure sprinklers just operate from a big tank sealed up on the roof, they aren't under pressure and esp not high pressure

Residential fire sprinklers are definitely not run off some tank in the roof. How it's plumbed from the main differs by utility, but it absolutely could be a tap on the main separate from the domestic meter and service.
It's not "high pressure" but it is higher pressure than the rest of the plumbing due to not being through a meter.
There is still a shutoff but probably not right where his dumb poo poo tesla plumber thought to look for it.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

tk posted:

Love the carpet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

MomJeans420 posted:

I had to verify this and you're right:

I was thinking it's so bad it must be a troll account, but it was created in 2012 so I think he may be serious. Although if you wanted to design a profile that pisses me off it'd be hard to beat his.

the real laugh here is for a moment i wasnt sure the water pouring from the ceiling was still his house, the car, or both