Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it’s kiiiiiiiinda like tea but more...”green” tasting. it’s good. i like it cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

it has bee in raining for 300 days straight in MKE and if I wanted PNW weather I would live there dammit. anyway it makes me want coffee always.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

RustyKnight posted:

hot, and I am a snobby bitch, it's either a proper brew or energy drinks for me, instant tastes like poo poo to me

manual grinder, aeropress, kettle, ideally hiked-in filtered water, thermometer (the hardest thing about making coffee over a fire for me is getting the temp just right, so let it boil and then only start pouring when you're between 197-203F)

camping with good coffee makes the whole experience feel very fancy

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

something needs to make the experience of making GBS threads in a pit toilet, taking cold well water showers and having your own condensated breath drip from the peak of your tent back into your mouth as you sleep feel fancy, drat

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
startin' first homemade cold press coffee tonight, sunday afternoon me will be happy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

something needs to make the experience of making GBS threads in a pit toilet, taking cold well water showers and having your own condensated breath drip from the peak of your tent back into your mouth as you sleep feel fancy, drat

i've got real good news for you about America, 2021

aol keyword party
Sep 27, 2005

you can find a pleasure of shooting prolific amounts of pictures,
made some banana bread, afternoon coffee baby

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

America: worse than camping

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i made some cranberry-orange cornbread. time for coffee

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

America: worse than camping

the thing about camping is that there's usually a predetermined time at which camping is done and/or an easy way to bail out

feelin' bad for a coworker that flew up to the pacnw to do some camping only for all this bullshit. at least he's staying indoors.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

psiox posted:

manual grinder, aeropress, kettle, ideally hiked-in filtered water, thermometer (the hardest thing about making coffee over a fire for me is getting the temp just right, so let it boil and then only start pouring when you're between 197-203F)

camping with good coffee makes the whole experience feel very fancy

exactly what I had in mind, but with beans already grind at home since my grinder is not travel friendly and new one is a pretty big investment

psiox posted:

the thing about camping is that there's usually a predetermined time at which camping is done and/or an easy way to bail out

feelin' bad for a coworker that flew up to the pacnw to do some camping only for all this bullshit. at least he's staying indoors.

Poland is a fascist hellhole but forests thankfully forests are not on fire so I can always forget all the bullshit just for weekend spend there, autumn is near, leaves are gonna be beautiful

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

there is a free stove in the sky. it’s called “the sun”.

i only ever did sun tea but sun coffee is sounding pretty good right now

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Pah. Tents are luxury items. Gotta have coffee though, even if it's just instant.

(from a recon selection course a long time ago. we lived underground in that mound for over a week)

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

knox_harrington posted:

Pah. Tents are luxury items. Gotta have coffee though, even if it's just instant.

(from a recon selection course a long time ago. we lived underground in that mound for over a week)

well, we are just some stupid airsofters so we like a bit of luxury like a shower or a bed, so I wanted to also make some coffee when I go with them on 24h milsim, when I was taking them home today one of them had a moka pot he used over portable stove

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Good morning. Just having some coffee.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

haveing coffee

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

RustyKnight posted:

haveing coffee

same

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

3 cups in the morning kind of day :sludgepal:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bout to have one in a minute before my meeting starts

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
gonna make some gd coffee. :colbert:

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

On no.3 coffee of the day. Thumbs up emoji.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Agile Vector posted:

coffee angel melitta
:discourse:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
would love espresso and flan for dessert

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
getting cold, drinking hot coffee. hosed up

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

bump_fn posted:

getting cold, drinking hot coffee. hosed up

:hai:

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
i really should stop drinking coffee it tears up my insides

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

qsvui posted:

i really should stop drinking coffee it tears up my insides
coffee goes in the glass, not the other way around!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Couldn't find my aeropress cap so I decided to get a hario v60. Then it turned out my kettle sucks for pourover so I got the bonavita. It's pretty awesome and im drinking coffee rigth now

now all I need is a grinder

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

I bought expensive coffee just to prove a point to my partner that I'm cheap and now I don't have money for my adhd meds...

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

RustyKnight posted:

I bought expensive coffee just to prove a point to my partner that I'm cheap and now I don't have money for my adhd meds...

but you just bought adhd meds

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

Jonny 290 posted:

but you just bought adhd meds

:sludgepal:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
drinking decaf at 9pm like i’m a responsible adult

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

new coffee is good, also got adhd meds that are like coffee 2.0, I am even more inclined to tell people to shut the gently caress up and let me work

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

ordered an espresso maker since i'm never getting out of here

resign yourself and face to coffee

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I think that's a different eagles song

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Chris Knight posted:

I think that's a different eagles song

Life in the fast lane was all about drinking coffee.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

lord funk posted:

What did you get?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lord funk posted:

i don’t have the counter space for an espresso machine which is good cause i also don’t have the money for one

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
now i'm having some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

knox_harrington posted:

What did you get?

la pavoni professional 16 cup. i got used to using my little manual flair, so i thought it'd be nice to have a lever machine with a heating element / steamer for the lady's morning cortado

oh, and it's not getting here for weeks because the vendor didn't mention that they order each one from italy when the order is placed