Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Insta quitting, quitting when she doesn't get the hero she wants, quitting when she dies, tking that dude.

Idk maybe toxic is an overstatement but it's lovely behavior.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much, though I don't buy the 'shes an entertainer first' argument at all.

Plenty of the Japanese hololive people don't do any of that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zeron posted:

She did clarify later that she was just taking sips, but didn't know how to say that in Japanese so it made it sound like she was doing shots. If that makes you feel better about it.

Yeah, she was drinking straight from the bottle, which is the proper way to drink your spirytus.

You should worry if she begins drinking strong zero, that poo poo is traitorous.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tabletops posted:

Insta quitting, quitting when she doesn't get the hero she wants, quitting when she dies, tking that dude.

Idk maybe toxic is an overstatement but it's lovely behavior.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much, though I don't buy the 'shes an entertainer first' argument at all.

Give it time, it'll turn into a bit where her chat bullies her every time she turns into a saltlord and there'll be a "no salt challenge" stream that ends in like 15 minutes

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The truth noone wants to recognize is that while toxic players are horrible to play with, they are absolute blast to observe when you have absolutely no stakes in the match they are playing in.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Tk'ing the guy that kept chucking nades at her was understandable. Even if he was some idiot noob, you can't really tell if it's that or some troll stream sniping you. At that point the only options are to shoot him in the face or leave the game and it's arguably more toxic to just leave.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Going from "I don't get salty at this game anymore" to "You think I won't???" was top tier

bideojames
Aug 29, 2004

>:3
Ina is doing a Color Out of Space watch stream in just over an hour - i'd say her streams have been the biggest surprise for me, she's def my fav of EN - super talented artist with an immensely chill/relaxing vibe to her streams, love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDEGyaTeapc

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Saagonsa posted:

Going from "I don't get salty at this game anymore" to "You think I won't???" was top tier

She did apologize to the guy later too.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Ahhhh, misunderstandings are beautiful: https://youtu.be/BL4U6T3TvVI

Thank you for this. I haven't laughed in a few weeks and this made my day.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I think Amelia being a ragelord is hilarious and fun and I hope she continues up with her funny antics.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

arisu posted:

I think Amelia being a ragelord is hilarious and fun and I hope she continues up with her funny antics.

Same. The contrast between toxic shooter player bullshit and cute anime girl is really funny, even better when you add in the music.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Tabletops posted:

There is nothing toxic about dodging a lobby if you don't get to play the character you want to play, in a game with specific characters. Same with quitting when you die or insta-quitting on a loss. I've seen the JP Apex streamers quit out when they die... because they want to queue up again!! Which is a normal gamer thing. IS there any real difference with JP girls screaming and cursing every time they die? Is it just cuter because its in japanese and Ame is raging in english? lol Part of the entertainment with the JP hololivers is them raging at their games.

And her TKing that dude was 100% funny and deserved because they were trolling her with flash bangs for 3 rounds straight.

Toxicity in games is yelling at / making fun of your teammates where they can see it or using excessively disparaging language, ruining the game for your team etc

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
making things up about what she's done is arguably more toxic than anything she's actually done lol

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Jerkface posted:

There is nothing toxic about dodging a lobby if you don't get to play the character you want to play, in a game with specific characters. Same with quitting when you die or insta-quitting on a loss. I've seen the JP Apex streamers quit out when they die... because they want to queue up again!! Which is a normal gamer thing. IS there any real difference with JP girls screaming and cursing every time they die? Is it just cuter because its in japanese and Ame is raging in english? lol Part of the entertainment with the JP hololivers is them raging at their games.

And her TKing that dude was 100% funny and deserved because they were trolling her with flash bangs for 3 rounds straight.

Toxicity in games is yelling at / making fun of your teammates where they can see it or using excessively disparaging language, ruining the game for your team etc

Idk. I watch korone fubuki and nikiri play apex mostly and they never quit unless they wipe.

People insta quitting in games like apex make the game just awful to play with randoms.

Skills in valorant are like 15% of the game. Idk it's just lovely because then everyone in the game you ditch has to go out and requeue because someone couldn't handle playing a different character

Minrad posted:

making things up about what she's done is arguably more toxic than anything she's actually done lol

Nothing I've talked about is made up lol

Veris
Jul 5, 2007

I get the impression a lot of vtubers are entertainers first and gamers last and it's nice to have a poopsocking elite gamer to round things out. She hasn't been mean spirited or negative when she's salty, which is really not fun to watch in the end.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
"Amelia TKs a dude once because a teammate was pretty obviously watching her stream and deliberately tossing flashbangs at her over and over to gently caress with her on purpose" isn't a particularly strong example of "lovely behavior". Neither is leaving an Apex match because you're dead and you don't believe your team will be able to recover, especially when you're on a strict time slot and want to get more matches in.

She can get a little salty when playing but that's part of what appeals about her to a lot of people; her responses are pretty genuine and also pretty far from actual "toxic" behavior.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 24, 2020

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Amelia's been great, she has had the most streams I'm pretty sure out of all HololiveEN and has had a lot of "random" late night game streams, where as everyone else on HoloEN have been kind of doing the 1 or 2 hour stream reservations only.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w66x87VSQRc&t=910s

luna has a message for all her overseas haters

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Coco is putting up an insane amount of singing streams lately, shes doing it again now and its like 7 am in jhapan lol

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

That was hilarious.

Jerkface posted:

Coco is putting up an insane amount of singing streams lately, shes doing it again now and its like 7 am in jhapan lol

Hey, if you're going to do some karaoke do decompress you may as well get 5k out of it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Jerkface posted:

I knew she was pretty self conscious about her singing voice, but everyone was supportive so I’m glad she’s opening up more. Plus, if they’re planning another Non Stop Story concert in the winter, it’s best to start practicing now.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

She's really improved a lot since she started, I honestly couldn't make it through the first couple times she sang

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

bideojames posted:

Ina is doing a Color Out of Space watch stream in just over an hour - i'd say her streams have been the biggest surprise for me, she's def my fav of EN - super talented artist with an immensely chill/relaxing vibe to her streams, love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDEGyaTeapc

Oh gently caress, I didn't realize this was a Nick Cage movie. I know what I'm doing for the next two hours then.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
is it streaming on any service for free?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Breadmaster posted:

Oh gently caress, I didn't realize this was a Nick Cage movie. I know what I'm doing for the next two hours then.

It’s real hosed up too. Hope you’re ready for some truly disgusting body horror. Glad that Ina is sticking to a theme, but drat is that a weird movie.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tabletops posted:

Netflix (canada)

https://twitter.com/ninomaeinanis/status/1309246031641505792

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
She said she really really wants to watch it, but in her excitement she didn't realize it isn't so accessible to others and will be more mindful of that in the future.

The only places I know it's free are Shudder, and Canadian Netflix. e: woops beaten on that one

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

i knew there was a reason i had a vpn

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

trucutru posted:

Yeah, she was drinking straight from the bottle, which is the proper way to drink your spirytus.

You should worry if she begins drinking strong zero, that poo poo is traitorous.

She did mention in one of her streams that she's does like the Strong Zeros but favors the wine more often.

Saagonsa posted:

Her saltiness was surprising but after a couple of streams I realized that she was doing this on purpose to keep chat engaged. She's not really a toxic gamer contrary to what her chat says. She just lets the salt pour. Her e-sports commentary as she spectates though is top notch.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Ina don't whisper if we didn't want to hear you we'd just watch the movie!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0ze_jQmZQo

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

homeless snail posted:

She's really improved a lot since she started, I honestly couldn't make it through the first couple times she sang

it's been so fast too... i wonder if she can sing in her normal voice and she's just been trying to find the middle ground or something

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Tabletops posted:

If you really like horror I think Shudder is a good deal / free for a week or something? otherwise it’s 5 or 6 dollars for a goodish supply of mostly kitschy horror and some fantastic films

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I honestly find Coco harder to watch when she's doing her goofy streamer voice. The bit where she was trying to have a conversation in english with Miko, and ends up getting so confused that she just drops the voice entirely and asks "Are you sayin' you wanna kill yourself?" in a thick, deadpan Southern accent had me in stitches.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao, Amelia got owned by console temperature

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

drat, are we five for five on PC/console hardware screwing the HoloEN girls now? I know Gura was getting messed up by stutters in her last MuseDash stream.

I hope they all reinvest their first paycheck into new streaming setups lmao.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

It’s real hosed up too. Hope you’re ready for some truly disgusting body horror. Glad that Ina is sticking to a theme, but drat is that a weird movie.

Kind of expect that already, read the original story a while back. Hope Ina knows what she's in for though

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Breadmaster posted:

Kind of expect that already, read the original story a while back. Hope Ina knows what she's in for though

Ina chanting "One of us, one of us"

e: apparently I had missed that Amelia's hiccups are actually burps lmao

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Bloody Pom posted:

I honestly find Coco harder to watch when she's doing her goofy streamer voice. The bit where she was trying to have a conversation in english with Miko, and ends up getting so confused that she just drops the voice entirely and asks "Are you sayin' you wanna kill yourself?" in a thick, deadpan Southern accent had me in stitches.
"You wanna kill yourself or somethin?" Is at 9:14, but it's worth a watch in its entirety.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhGIMt65gI