Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
There really could not have been a more perfect time for HoloEN to debut than right now. If they did it a year ago or next year, they wouldn't have flopped or anything, but it wouldn't have been as crazily successful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
This also reminds me that the newest batch of Nijisanji Indonesia debuted some time back and not only did Bonnivier has everyone thirsty for his voice, he even did an ASMR stream for his 10k subscriber celebration and you could tell that a huge chunk of that chat started questioning their sexuality right then. Didn't help that he was crying from gratitude at times. And this is a guy with 10k subs total after a month!

Also he pledged to do a cover of Bakamitai from Yakuza so he cannot not be a cool guy.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

For some real depressing numbers, Calliope, Amelia, and Gura each individually have more subs after a little under two weeks than all 8 members of Holostars Gen 1+2 combined. Ina is only like 2k behind, and Kiara is only like 30k behind.

It's clear that investing in falsetto lessons is the path to follow.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Kanos posted:

For some real depressing numbers, Calliope, Amelia, and Gura each individually have more subs after a little under two weeks than all 8 members of Holostars Gen 1+2 combined. Ina is only like 2k behind, and Kiara is only like 30k behind.

Post more Holostars clips
https://youtu.be/6LG13tOlkrk

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Holostars good

https://twitter.com/knm_kaname/status/1308097000718598145?s=20

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Also on the Nijisanji main branch one of the fairly recent additions recently mostly just plays chill piano and sings vocaloid songs to about 67k subscribers, point is there's space for all kinds and all sizes and if you're in one of the big companies you're probably not that poorly off even if you're not amongst the top dogs.

Well that and also I like to find excuses to highlight male Vtubers because their almost complete non-presence on the Hololive side which most EN folk watch might make it seem it's all just wacky anime girls, which definitely isn't the case.

Anyway, forget numbers and listen to some calming piano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3dOUHjvKgU&t=340s

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 25, 2020

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

https://twitter.com/waffleman_/status/1309283346917318659?s=21

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Yeah, things are kind of just perfect for Hololive En to debut right now and once they've got their foot in the door they're pretty safe. Sure, there's a lot of vtubers who aren't bringing in the biggest numbers but they don't need to. They just need a dedicated following that enjoy their particular appeal. Trying to hard to get your vtubers to have broad mass appeal is not the way to go. Right now they're capturing a larger portion than a JP debut would due to not having the language barrier they had in the past. If we see more English vtubers pushed by corporations in the future, I expect initial numbers to potentially be even larger but not necessarily repeat the same growth.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hi.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I didn’t realize until I already hit post. Small world.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Amelia's membership tiers are:
-Investigator
-Investimigator
-Investimigatorator

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

I hadn't actually watched that particular piano stream of Tojiro's I linked, so I only just realized that at one point he starts having some technical problems but never actually stops playing the piano. He just switches to only using his left hand while fixing things with his right, and no one in the chat noticed before he mentioned it. What a guy.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

SpartanIvy posted:

Amelia's membership tiers are:
-Investigator
-Investimigator
-Investimigatorator

Also interesting differentiation so far in HoloEN. Calli has multiple perks for each tier, but says member only VODs will eventually go public. Amelia gives access to everything at $5 tier but the member streams won't be archived.

Choose wisely, simps

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Not all the member streams will be unarchived, just the ones that will piss Youtube off like Osu and karaoke streams

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
This was such a fun moment :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDhkFJxHHiY

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Kanos posted:

It's kind of weird to me how Holostars is almost this... vestigial... thing. Or maybe it just seems that way because Ichikara is the org it makes sense to make comparisons with, and the Nijisanji dudes aren't cordoned off in their own little neighborhood for weird idol-logic reasons.

It's funny how the Holostars are supposed to male idols and then here you got Kagami Hayato with his 3D debut being a million-view breaking virtual concert that has his entire band being mo-capped and an official collabo with Duel Masters

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Brunom1 posted:

I could make an effort post going over why this is an incredibly inane footnote of a fact that's beyond Coco's control and could never even come close to fazing a powerhouse Vtuber like her (on top of likely being forgotten in a day).

But, honestly, it's not a subject worth the energy.

It is when she set her stream to Members Only and pro-China posters paid money to join and also paid money to superchat and flame her

In true heroic Coco fashion, saving a sister and making fat stacks of cash while doing so

Veris
Jul 5, 2007

Eej posted:

It is when she set her stream to Members Only and pro-China posters paid money to join and also paid money to superchat and flame her

In true heroic Coco fashion, saving a sister and making fat stacks of cash while doing so

They should monetize Taiwanese outrage by getting pekora to say she respects the territorial integrity of the PRC and its sovereignty over Chinese Taipei

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/achan_UGA/status/1309553255551205379?s=20

This is what she does when all the vtubers are out for lunch

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Veris posted:

They should monetize Taiwanese outrage by getting pekora to say she respects the territorial integrity of the PRC and its sovereignty over Chinese Taipei

Pekora's probably had the worst history with mainlanders out of hololive so I'd expect her to be firmly on team Taiwan #1.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

I enjoy the fact that these anime "idols" became both Activision and Xbox's primary ambassadors to Japan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gura might hit half a million subs tonight.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

How is this shark so powerful? :staredog:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Apex Predator.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Good game to hit it on lol

I'm glad the shark hoodie is on for this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

She seems to be pretty steady at 499k even, and she only has a bit before Calli comes on.

E: She went down a thousand?

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 26, 2020

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
So Calli is planning to play Doom. Does she have her new PC yet? God I hope so.

e: She's playing on a console, which supports smoke effects

SpartanIvy fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 26, 2020

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Brunom1 posted:

I enjoy the fact that these anime "idols" became both Activision and Xbox's primary ambassadors to Japan.

For me these last few weeks have been a chain of realisations as first I found out a funny anime girl played Doom, then discovered there were a lot of these streamers, then discovered that they are secretly like fifteen of the top twenty streamers on youtube.

Buddha Fett
Apr 8, 2011

Reveilled posted:

For me these last few weeks have been a chain of realisations as first I found out a funny anime girl played Doom, then discovered there were a lot of these streamers, then discovered that they are secretly like fifteen of the top twenty streamers on youtube.

This is basically my story too. Youtube recommended the DOOG thing to me, and here I am.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Justus posted:

as a Touhou superfan she kinda has to be
*mod snip*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pm me whatever this was

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I wonder when Gura is gonna start busting out longer streams. She has pretty much only streamed in 1 hour blocks and always stops when she's gonna cross over another holoen stream.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Pleasantly surprised by Calli's ability to play Doom Eternal at a pretty okay level for someone who hasn't played the game before. The intro stage to the game is fairly murderous for complete newbies.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Playing DE with a controller looks absolutely miserable.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
They spent a lot of time trying to make it a smooth experience on a pad, to the point of having one of the devs do a pre-release stream of a level on Nightmare mode only to reveal he was playing with a pad the whole time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

APEX PREDATOR!

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

APEX PREDATOR!

I look forward to seeing Gura beat Korone, Fubuki and Pekora to the 1 million subs mark by the end of next week.

Pewdiepie better watch out, cause she'll be coming for him in short order :black101:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The last thing Pewdiepie hears before an axe splits him in half is a "Hellooooooooooo!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

She's hydrodynamic, she'll be on him in a second.