Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFfutMHp7io

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

I don't imagine that's something the streamer can take care of. The guy should likely try to reach Youtube for this.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Liar Lyre posted:

Pekora is stalking Subaru while invisible in Mincreaft right now. This is peak comedy.
https://youtu.be/aWB-jC_b-Ag
https://youtu.be/m-xBsmr84H8

She's turning the server into pvp and getting owned left and right. The pekora experience.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Brunom1 posted:

I don't imagine that's something the streamer can take care of. The guy should likely try to reach Youtube for this.

Coco had a laugh and then people spammed red superchats to mock him. I guess It would be a chargeback thing I'd ask my bank about.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
*Calli dies in the same spot in DOOM twice*
Calli: I'll change the difficulty if this happens again so that you guys don't get bored watching me play the same part over and over.

Everyone who watched Korone play the same 5 levels of the lovely Atlantis game for 9 hours: :confused:

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Watching streamers (virtual or otherwise) struggle with games and eventually overcome them is a huge part of the appeal for a lot of people. Gura seemed worried by that back during her first stream as well. Somebody needs to tell these girls it's okay to suck at games.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hungry posted:

it's okay to suck at games.

*hiccups intensify*

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
It does seem like a classic streamer mistake to not realize failure is more entertaining than success (unless you're just shockingly owning it like Gura with rhythm games).

Getting Over It is a streamer staple for a reason :v:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Hungry posted:

Watching streamers (virtual or otherwise) struggle with games and eventually overcome them is a huge part of the appeal for a lot of people. Gura seemed worried by that back during her first stream as well. Somebody needs to tell these girls it's okay to suck at games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNigFTlSBxs

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is it true that hololive moments is deleting all of cocos stuff because of the taiwan bs

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

is it true that hololive moments is deleting all of cocos stuff because of the taiwan bs

Yeah, or at the very least they're deleting all their coco stuff and I can't see any other reason why

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, or at the very least they're deleting all their coco stuff and I can't see any other reason why

ah

we need a new bolshevik party.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

that is an easy unsub lol

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Hololive Moments has close ties to bilibili because they bring over all the weird edits and memes that they make and I think share translators.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Hungry posted:

Yeah this was a huge part of the appeal of watching Daniel Floyld from Playframe play the Soulsborne games and other games in general just slowly watching him struggle and overcome the odds. I think being able to see and track the growth in skill/competence of a youtuber/streamer/etc over the course of a series/stream is always an amazing thing to be a part of.

Like watching Achievement Hunter and seeing Lindsay participate in something like Rainbow Six Siege and contribute just as well as Ryan/Jeremy is an amazing thing to see finally happen.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Stairmaster posted:

ah

we need a new bolshevik party.

maybe not the best analogy to use here

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cover is going to flinch sooner rather than later and it's gunna suck to see coco and haachama forced to apologize

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Cover is going to flinch sooner rather than later and it's gunna suck to see coco and haachama forced to apologize

Feel like if this was going to happen it would have happened by now

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

noted bad people *checks notes* the bolsheviks?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Why don't they blame the site they can't legally access for including Taiwan in its viewership metrics

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Like seriously. Saying Taiwan is an issue? How thin-skinned are these people.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aurora posted:

noted bad people *checks notes* the bolsheviks?

Nah the bolsheviks were great I was going for "great communist movement that eventually became an oppressive dictatorship" but then I remembered chairman mao kind of always sucked so my analogy felt apart here

Look I'm tired

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm pretty sure that arguing online about Taiwan gets you a few easy Social Score points so expect every mainland Chinese person to be voicing their displeasure. Especially the desperate people whose score is down close to reeducation-gulag level.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SpartanIvy posted:

I'm pretty sure that arguing online about Taiwan gets you a few easy Social Score points so expect every mainland Chinese person to be voicing their displeasure. Especially the desperate people whose score is down close to reeducation-gulag level.

I don't think you get "points" for arguing about it on a website you're not supposed to be able to access

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

It has nothing to do with being thin-skinned. China has plans with Taiwan and the people bitching are doing their part.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

no

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Blockhouse posted:

I don't think you get "points" for arguing about it on a website you're not supposed to be able to access

Tyrannical governments don't give a poo poo about you breaking the rules as long as you're forwarding their agenda.

For content: Here's a Korone singing video I hadn't seen before. Apparently it was private until recently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G49bAinM6Lc

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's China so extremely.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

It's every citizen's duty to argue with the grand evil American dragon and her Australian helper.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Some dude wrote a (now locked) reddit thread about how As A Reasonable Chinese Hololiver we aren't all like this and the real victims are us innocent Chinese folk who don't want to get involved in politics and just want to watch and support our vtuber idols and his only response to "what about how Taiwanese fans feel when vtubers aren't even allowed to acknowledge their existence" is I have friends from Taiwan, which is allegedly a place,

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Eej posted:

Some dude wrote a (now locked) reddit thread about how As A Reasonable Chinese Hololiver we aren't all like this and the real victims are us innocent Chinese folk who don't want to get involved in politics and just want to watch and support our vtuber idols and his only response to "what about how Taiwanese fans feel when vtubers aren't even allowed to acknowledge their existence" is I have friends from Taiwan, which is allegedly a place,

This is like someone who's so close to Getting It for a second and then he swings and misses so hard the bat goes flying out of his hands and takes out someone in the crowd

Indoctrination is a hell of a thing

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

trucutru posted:

It has nothing to do with being thin-skinned. China has plans with Taiwan and the people bitching are doing their part.

It seems like it. Like you can't even say the word Taiwan apparently.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean if cover wanted to expand to china then yeah they might seek an apology to try and calm the waters but if they didn't they could just stoke the fires a bit. Sure you lose chinese nationalist willing to bypass the firewall, thus breaking the law, to look at some 3d girls, but inflaming american and japanese nationalist to donate more would probably be easier and more immediately rewarding given both japan and the USs current stances on china.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean....they have an entire Chinese unit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean....they have an entire Chinese unit.

How much money do they make vs JP/EN?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
The fact that all it took for these people to get triggered and flip their poo poo was saying a single name speaks volumes to how dumb this all is. Everything they've done is so hypocritical that its looped around to being hilarious. Especially subbing to Coco just to wish death upon her family. I hope Cover never addresses this and this just dies down but I have a feeling that people are stubborn and its going to take a long while. Plus side is that it seems that Haachama's streams are relatively okay from this.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

not particularly relevant to the conversation. there are two CN generations of three streamers each, though only Civia also has a youtube channel

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Revolver Bunker posted:

The fact that all it took for these people to get triggered and flip their poo poo was saying a single name speaks volumes to how dumb this all is. Everything they've done is so hypocritical that its looped around to being hilarious. Especially subbing to Coco just to wish death upon her family. I hope Cover never addresses this and this just dies down but I have a feeling that people are stubborn and its going to take a long while. Plus side is that it seems that Haachama's streams are relatively okay from this.

It's is not dumb at all. There is a serious effort to deal with Taiwan and bullying people into not even mentioning it is an actual policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Patware posted:

not particularly relevant to the conversation. there are two CN generations of three streamers each, though only Civia also has a youtube channel

It should also be noted that some of the JP Branch's members have massive followings on Bilibili, like Fubuki, Aqua, etc. Fubuki, for example, has 1.2mil subs there.

For that matter, Hololive has also made a handful of events/crossovers/sponsored content with gacha games which are, as you might imagine, owned by China-based companies.

So, yeah, I doubt Cover considers cutting ties with the CN market as a viable option. If they can get Bilibili to restore their talents' streaming rights (which might require a public apology from Coco and Haato), I reckon this will blow over as the majority of the fans will likely calm down as they regain access to content. If not...

Edit: do note that I don't think Coco and Haato have done anything worth apologizing for, but I wouldn't be surprised if that demand is made.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 26, 2020