Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
that sucker punch movie was hosed up enough to disqualify any artistic vision from mr snyder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Professorjuggalo posted:

that sucker punch movie was hosed up enough to disqualify any artistic vision from mr snyder

it led to the greatest summary of zack snyder as a director of all time, timestamped @ 7:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DygDPQdiklw&t=435s

god nobody's ever nailed that fucker to a T since

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 22:52 on Sep 26, 2020

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

it is morally wrong and bad praxis to view or even enjoy a marvel/disney movie

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I'm convinced most Snyder posting is done just to rile up the mental children who think MCU movies are good and fun.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Bootleg Trunks posted:

it is morally wrong and bad praxis to view or even enjoy a marvel/disney movie

correct

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheeee posted:

I'm convinced most Snyder posting is done just to rile up the mental children who think MCU movies are good and fun.

Snyder movies are for people with the emotional maturity of horomone ridden 15 year old gamer boys who discovered philosophy for the first time and desperately want to be seen as intellectual superiors.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
No fun allowed, movies are serious business and should not ever be enjoyed or used as a 2 hour escape from the hell of existence in this dying world.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

good thing zack snyder has never made a fun movie then

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

thatfatkid posted:

No fun allowed, movies are serious business and should not ever be enjoyed or used as a 2 hour escape from the hell of existence in this dying world.

This but unironicorically

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Taintrunner posted:

Snyder movies are for people with the emotional maturity of horomone ridden 15 year old gamer boys who discovered philosophy for the first time and desperately want to be seen as intellectual superiors.

Yea and they're still universally more competent films than the Marvel trash, which are written and directed at a TV level of quality.

That's what makes it so effective at getting people all hoppin' mad about superhero movies, both positions of 'Snyder makes better films than Marvel' and 'Snyder makes intellectually stunted poo poo' are true.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Rereading the 500 page transformers analysis from cd

FOR FUN

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
For some new content however...

Currently watching the Netflix Hillary Swank space soap opera "Away" and it is 100% pure distilled succdem idpol propaganda.

Swank is the strong independent white middle class girlboss captain of the first mission to Mars, but also a loving Mum and wife (because being a mum/wife doesn't mean you have to give up on your career, you go grrl 💁‍♀️).

And her international team of fellow astronauts is falling apart because the sneaky scheming orientals (Russia and China) are trying to sabotage her.

It hurts to know that there are people out there that thought they were making a good thing during production.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Wheeee posted:

like I said, snyder makes pretty good movies but his real talent is driving posters absolutely wild. there's no trolling here you just can't post about the guy without it happening.

Bootleg Trunks posted:

people get all hot and bothered about snyder but think marvel is just dumb fun

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheeee posted:

Yea and they're still universally more competent films than the Marvel trash, which are written and directed at a TV level of quality.

That's what makes it so effective at getting people all hoppin' mad about superhero movies, both positions of 'Snyder makes better films than Marvel' and 'Snyder makes intellectually stunted poo poo' are true.

Oh I have never defended the Marvel slop, it's slop, it's fuckin' raw-rear end refried sewage slop that people willingly line up to have dumped into their mouths.

But no, Snyder movies are not "better." They're the same slop fed to two separate but equal groups of intellectual children.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
sucker punch and BvS/justice league are the last things I’d put on for ‘fun escapism’. your real life must be some kind of vibrant/colourful utopia to think any of those films are ‘fun escapism’. at least the marvel films for all its MIC jerkoff still don’t look like audiovisual depression at any given frame

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Snydercut lore may not ultimately be dangerous, but it's convoluted poo poo.

They think there's an all powerful cabal in Warner Bros. that's out to ruin Zach Snyder and Ben Affleck (you know... the Ben Affleck, who was tapped into fame by Weinstein, who made CIA propaganda and groped women). This cabal includes WB executives and women pop culture writers. And maybe Disney because why not.

When it came out that Joss Whedon and Geoff Johns treated women like dirt behind the scenes, Snydercut Twitter's first take was that Snyder and Affleck were the real victims of all this.

They don't see the Snyder cut as some sort of cool alternative version of the movie that would be nice to have. Instead, it's a symbol of reactionary geek emancipation. It's a blow to Hollywood's commercial diarrhea, not another product of it.

At least this is the impression I get without diving too deep into that subculture.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

all the superhero poo poo you consume is for dumb babies, i only consume superhero poo poo for real adults

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

i agree, i have watched hancock forty-five times so far and gosh-dangit i intend to watch hancock again

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Professorjuggalo posted:

sucker punch and BvS/justice league are the last things I’d put on for ‘fun escapism’. your real life must be some kind of vibrant/colourful utopia to think any of those films are ‘fun escapism’. at least the marvel films for all its MIC jerkoff still don’t look like audiovisual depression at any given frame

it's impressive how much CG grey and brown is like half the shots of avengers endgame or whatever the gently caress else you wanna pull from the MCU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bro Dad posted:

all the superhero poo poo you consume is for dumb babies, i only consume superhero poo poo for real adults

yeah this is why I only watch the tv show where a guy nearly gets strangled with a prehensile penis

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

yeah this is why I only watch the tv show where a guy nearly gets strangled with a prehensile penis

lol hell yeah that was awesome

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

The best and only good Batman is and shall forever be Adam West.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Wheeee posted:

The best and only good Batman is and shall forever be Adam West.

the 1966 batman movie is incredible and i dont feel any shame in saying this

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bro Dad posted:

lol hell yeah that was awesome

I love how absolutely shameless the Boys is; yeah let's have superman in an american flag cape gently caress a Nazi over the bloody mangled corpse of the thief they murdered as foreplay

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

thatfatkid posted:

For some new content however...

Currently watching the Netflix Hillary Swank space soap opera "Away" and it is 100% pure distilled succdem idpol propaganda.

Swank is the strong independent white middle class girlboss captain of the first mission to Mars, but also a loving Mum and wife (because being a mum/wife doesn't mean you have to give up on your career, you go grrl 💁‍♀️).

And her international team of fellow astronauts is falling apart because the sneaky scheming orientals (Russia and China) are trying to sabotage her.

It hurts to know that there are people out there that thought they were making a good thing during production.

Lol holy gently caress and now it turns out that she is taking the fall for the one Black astronauts fuckup. Truly rich white women are the most oppressed part of liberal society.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Bro Dad posted:

it’s all garbage, marvel movies might as well have the state department take over SHIELD in a one off black widow/falcon film with how blatant they are with the propaganda. Zachary Snyder on the other hand can barely direct a film from scripts that aren’t his, making him runner for a whole film universe was probably even more destructive culturally than the normal imperialism tinged MCU. The gamergate/QAnon/cultural warriors all coalesced around this movement and now have enough cultural sway to even get these garbage films remade, but with them being galvanized enough going forward to demand to be catered to. Mix in these execs that either agree with these reactionary movements/movies or don’t care enough to keep chasing these still high profit margins (from the adding trend of society going a bit more fash too under the trump presidency) and I feel it’s enough to discuss with more merit than the “haha you guys like marvel movies!” bullshit that the rest of the internet engages in. Even the joss whedon racism/sexism getting exposed after the fact has crazy parallels to the current liberals/democrats as a whole

edit:

Taintrunner posted:

it's impressive how much CG grey and brown is like half the shots of avengers endgame or whatever the gently caress else you wanna pull from the MCU

drat I haven’t watched any of the flicks since age of ultron cause I kept falling asleep, it’s really all trash top to bottom with the libs and chuds on either end

Professorjuggalo has issued a correction as of 23:33 on Sep 26, 2020

Serf
May 5, 2011

the only good zack snyder film is dawn of the dead, and mostly because that opening credit sequence loving rules

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bro Dad posted:

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Spiderman far from home ends with spiderman embracing drones and using them to cockblock a romantic rival

Man of steel ends with superman throwing a mangled drone at a military officer and telling him to gently caress off

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
if y’all want a real hot take Lars von triers and Nicholas Refn are the high art versions of joss whedon/ Zach Snyder respectively

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

https://youtu.be/Nri3o0KFg-8

they may be drinkers, Robin, but they're also human beings

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Spiderman far from home ends with spiderman embracing drones and using them to cockblock a romantic rival

Man of steel ends with superman throwing a mangled drone at a military officer and telling him to gently caress off

Most of the hate for Snyder's films comes across as performative and Man of Steel was better than anything Marvel's done since the first Iron Man.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!

Taintrunner posted:

define people by their taste in pop culture more

e: lol you psychopaths think qanon is involved. get a loving grip

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 00:09 on Sep 27, 2020

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Wheeee posted:

I like it when the guy punches the man and he goes whoooosh :shobon:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

The things a person likes, and I mean really likes, absolutely do reflect something about them.

For example, Taintrunner is really into putting his heart and soul into his online crazy commie act, which of course he can afford to do full time as he lives carefree in the lap of luxury, suckling upon sweet sweet unearned wealth.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Wheeee posted:

Most of the hate for Snyder's films comes across as performative and Man of Steel was better than anything Marvel's done since the first Iron Man.

Everything I said about the synder movies applies even harder to the MCU films now that I think about it, and the Snyder DC films are definitely a lot more anti-American than most pop culture this past decade. I guess I was conflating the fanbase onto the movies more than I should have since end game is alone is more fash than all the DC movies combined (and no sexism in pop cinema can top joss Whedon himself)

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!
i mean, i don't think anyone is obligated to like snyder films; they tend to be reqlly long and involved and that can be draining

but if you want to talk about them as filne, they're way to the left of anything else being made at the same time, and the argument otherwise rests entirely on suddenly refusing to question the reactionary nerd hivemind worshipping the mcu

at the very least, making GBS threads out exhausting drivel that proports to be progressive critique is exhausting and hostile to anyone who happens to disagree

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 00:20 on Sep 27, 2020

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Wheeee posted:

Zach Snyder is better than literal poo poo straight out of the toilet, if you hate him you're just jealous

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i wanna say the real question is if a more competently made movie is better than a worse one even if the worst one has better politics.

edit: I at least was comparing Snyder films to MCU directly, so that derail I’ll take some of the heat for lol

Professorjuggalo has issued a correction as of 00:29 on Sep 27, 2020

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

BvS was a mess but MoS is the best Superman film.

The only actually great superhero product however is The Boys series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!
I honestly have no idea if bvs theatrical is any good

the cut is pretty good if you're up for like three hours of movie at once

lots of time to chew on them themes i guess