Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Whoops, my error, the P90 is a high-end (Emeline’s Guard) with Perfect Preservation.

Did the American History Museum earlier. Detention-level named Elite came running up the hall, taking fire from both EG and the drone, stops in front of where I'm turtled up, and...

about three pieces of armor explode, leaving him in his undershirt and stupid stun-look while I magdump my freshly-loaded gun into his face.

Accidentally kited a few skull-marked enemies from across the border (Level 19) and got thoroughly eaten, so I guess I was a lot closer in level to the ones I murdered before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Olds posted:

The gear you're wearing doesn't influence your drops, as vyst said. Each zone will have a targeted brand or armor type assigned to it daily. You can check the division subreddit; someone will usually post the daily target loot map for the day.

Yeah there’s a dude that posts the updated daily targeted loot maps every day.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Wish they'd stop making us do Liberty Island

Especially timed, jfc :mad:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Morter posted:

This is the first time at all it's ever come up as part of the seasons.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Morter posted:

I got down to 19:15 and that’s the best I can do. 15:00 is just nuts especially with Keener’s gadget room of just sitting there.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

UnknownMercenary posted:

This is the first time at all it's ever come up as part of the seasons.

Really? At all? Maybe not a league but I swear a manhunt or something brought me to it the past month or so.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I get that True Patriot + Pestilence has been heavily depreciated since at least the last season ( the last time I played ) but my 4 piece TP + Pestilence + Contractors + Foxes Prayer ( 3 Red 3 Blue ) has carried me so far through to floor 71 Heroic solo quite handily. I'm just miffed that the matchmaker isn't playing nice.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Morter posted:

Really? At all? Maybe not a league but I swear a manhunt or something brought me to it the past month or so.

A while ago it was part of a weekly assignment, that might be what you're thinking of? Personally, after trying to get through the invincible drone bug on heroic I decided I didn't really want that xp anyway. I'm glad that's been fixed. But this is the only timed run.

Not that I think it's going to happen but for any non-story difficulty runs I really think they could stand to speed up that second to last room where you just sort of stand around shooting skills for a completely indeterminate period of time until it finally decides to let you progress.

Psion fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 28, 2020

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
DON'T TRUST...

MASSIVE ENTERTAINMENT

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Morter posted:

As someone who farmed the poo poo out of manhunt resets in season 1 and went to the trouble of doing all of season 2's manhunt on 2 characters I can assure you 100% Liberty Island has never been part of the manhunts until season 3.

At any rate I'll take Liberty Island over Pentagon/DARPA.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

UnknownMercenary posted:

As someone who farmed the poo poo out of manhunt resets in season 1 and went to the trouble of doing all of season 2's manhunt on 2 characters I can assure you 100% Liberty Island has never been part of the manhunts until season 3.

Pentagon and DARPA at least are doable because it's just shooting people and not waiting through 5 minutes of RP poo poo in a 15 minute timed run.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

UnknownMercenary posted:

Aight then, i guess I'm misremembering :kiddo:

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

All the New York missions are tedious to replay because all their final bosses have a shitload of stupid gimmicks to get through. It’s fun to play whack a mole with Nerd Boy’s decoys once, not so much the tenth time when you’re against the clock.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Inferior posted:

All the New York missions are tedious to replay because all their final bosses have a shitload of stupid gimmicks to get through. It’s fun to play whack a mole with Nerd Boy’s decoys once, not so much the tenth time when you’re against the clock.

I like the Kjika fight because it feels to me like you're going up against a caged tiger especially with him bringing out a drat sword because you've backed him into a corner. I don't mind Keener because of his weapons grade smugness but agreed on the SHD room being to long. Vivian's is take or leave. Theo is definitely the most annoying, time trial or not.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Inferior posted:

Tombs speedrun is awful but wall street isn't bad at all since you can just blast Dragov and his shield bros. Kajika's encounter can be bruteforced in hard by dpsing him down on every phase. 25 min stranded tanker is piss easy. Again Tombs is heavily scripted making it harder to do fast.

Liberty Island is plain stupid, sitting there for almost three minutes while he throws a few hacked toys st you.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Inferior posted:

Stranded Tanker is the best one because there's no gimmick unless you count the fire tower that takes like 10 seconds to destroy. Just a straight up slugfest between you and Conley.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If you want to make an absolute joke of Conley save a gun full of shock ammo from the 3 boxes you get just before the Keener fight on Liberty Island.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Inferior posted:

It’s fun to play whack a mole with Nerd Boy’s decoys once, not so much the tenth time when you’re against the clock.

I joined a random public group to do that mission for the manhunt, and it put me in at the final battle at the very moment the rest of the team killed him and he dropped an exotic.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

jabro posted:

I got down to 19:15 and that’s the best I can do. 15:00 is just nuts especially with Keener’s gadget room of just sitting there.

We hauled rear end through it and did 17:25. 15:00 seems impossible.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I got it solo in 16:something, mostly because I killed Keener’s deflect drone and stun locked him with shock ammo. The only place I can see myself saving any significant time is on the Razorback part.

The Bird
Dec 7, 2006

I haven't played since D1. Should I play through the main game content to level to 30, then do Warlords or get my free level 30, level to 40 in NYC and go back to do the DC main story content?

Is the experience different if you play through the main game as a fresh character or really not worth delaying the gear loop?

The Bird fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 28, 2020

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

MunchE posted:

We hauled rear end through it and did 17:25. 15:00 seems impossible.

I believe the only people I know with it below 15 did it with 2 people and got 14:56 or 57, so it's barely possible, and probably depends heavily on RNG spawns. I was not one of the two so I can't say for sure, my time was just below 17.

I did try it three or four times just to try and get my time down and Razorback is definitely a spot where you can save or lose up to a couple minutes but it's deep enough in the mission to be too time-consuming overall to optimize - you spend more time repeating the start than you really gain.

thankfully these leagues offer 120 possible points worth of challenges and only 60 are required to cap the rewards so, whatever

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Psion posted:

thankfully these leagues offer 120 possible points worth of challenges and only 60 are required to cap the rewards so, whatever

wait, what? I only see 60 points worth of challenges. but this is my first season, returning to game after a year. do new challenges show up next week or w/e but progress on the same, in-progress rewards track?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

pmchem posted:

wait, what? I only see 60 points worth of challenges. but this is my first season, returning to game after a year. do new challenges show up next week or w/e but progress on the same, in-progress rewards track?

For the leagues task progress resets after a week but the total points you’ve gained don’t reset. So you only need to get 30 points per week to get all rewards.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

pmchem posted:

yes, that's it. The same six challenges actually, so you get to enjoy speedrunning liberty twice, should you so desire

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Bird posted:

I haven't played since D1. Should I play through the main game content to level to 30, then do Warlords or get my free level 30, level to 40 in NYC and go back to do the DC main story content?

Is the experience different if you play through the main game as a fresh character or really not worth delaying the gear loop?

It’s fairly different. You’re slowly expanding across DC in a semi-directed manner rather than just going anywhere whenever you want. And without going around occasionally to open loot boxes you’re at the mercy of what the game gives you for gear.

There’s also a world tier/gear score system that begins once you finish the last level 30 mission. That starts a part of the the game where you do the main missions and strongholds again but against a new faction, going up a world tier once you beat one of the strongholds. Each stronghold has a minimum gear score to unlock once you also beat its attached missions. The world map also fills up again with activities and enemy control points so you can get new gear basically anywhere. You reach world tier 5 by completing all the faction strongholds which unlocks the final stronghold, beating that brings you to world tier 5 which was the former end game.

I think it’s worth it to play that part of the game normally but I’m also someone who is already at the end so if you think at any point you’d rather just skip ahead the boost will always be there.

The Bird
Dec 7, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

It’s fairly different. You’re slowly expanding across DC in a semi-directed manner rather than just going anywhere whenever you want. And without going around occasionally to open loot boxes you’re at the mercy of what the game gives you for gear.

There’s also a world tier/gear score system that begins once you finish the last level 30 mission. That starts a part of the the game where you do the main missions and strongholds again but against a new faction, going up a world tier once you beat one of the strongholds. Each stronghold has a minimum gear score to unlock once you also beat its attached missions. The world map also fills up again with activities and enemy control points so you can get new gear basically anywhere. You reach world tier 5 by completing all the faction strongholds which unlocks the final stronghold, beating that brings you to world tier 5 which was the former end game.

I think it’s worth it to play that part of the game normally but I’m also someone who is already at the end so if you think at any point you’d rather just skip ahead the boost will always be there.

Thanks for the reply.

If the experience changes with some kind of NG+ post 30 content, then it would be worth playing through normally the first time. It would be better than rushing 40 and burning out on the game in two weeks.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Psion posted:

I believe the only people I know with it below 15 did it with 2 people and got 14:56 or 57, so it's barely possible, and probably depends heavily on RNG spawns. I was not one of the two so I can't say for sure, my time was just below 17.

I did try it three or four times just to try and get my time down and Razorback is definitely a spot where you can save or lose up to a couple minutes but it's deep enough in the mission to be too time-consuming overall to optimize - you spend more time repeating the start than you really gain.

This was with three and in Keener's fight we literally had one sitting on the next generator so there was no downtime in capping and destroying the rocket. Keener went down in like 4 seconds or so and we still barely managed to make it. We're talking about optimized builds. In my opinion 15 minutes is way too short for a heavily scripted mission.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

What drives me crazy is how bad Massive is at setting the timers. Super tight time limits on hard/lengthy stuff (several NY missions, zoo), absurdly generous limits on stuff like DUA and the Conley NY mission.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oh yeah I forgot about the generators at the end of Liberty. Definitely something where having multiple people helps, no down time between running to each.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Guillermus posted:

This was with three and in Keener's fight we literally had one sitting on the next generator so there was no downtime in capping and destroying the rocket. Keener went down in like 4 seconds or so and we still barely managed to make it. We're talking about optimized builds. In my opinion 15 minutes is way too short for a heavily scripted mission.
I ran it like 4-5 times and I came to the conclusion that my floor would have been between 16-17 minutes. Optimizing the Razorback and Keener fight seems to be where all your time goes because it's easy to run straight over everyone up to the razorback, and you need people who can smoke Keener without their skills.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

This still pales in comparison to Heroic DARPA in 18 minutes. Or that one time they had us speedrun the Zoo. But Heroic DARPA was definitely the worst lmao, especially since it was pre-nerf.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

This still pales in comparison to Heroic DARPA in 18 minutes. Or that one time they had us speedrun the Zoo. But Heroic DARPA was definitely the worst lmao, especially since it was pre-nerf.

:hmmyes:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's cool that they're finally patching a game breaking looping bug tomorrow after a week

I'm stoked to finally play the game a bit. For whatever reason the mashing the ESC button trick didnt work for me and it just looped endlessly anyway.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I’m glad they got rid of heroic difficulty time trials for the regular rewards but part of me also wishes there were extras for doing them on harder ones. Just extra seasons caches or something.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

is there an efficient way to farm credits other than by selling gear to vendor?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That’s probably the most efficient way by far but bounties and projects award credits as well. You can then sell the stuff you get from doing them as well :v:

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

pmchem posted:

is there an efficient way to farm credits other than by selling gear to vendor?

I have like 100k of them that i have literally no use for, the game gives you way more than it's ever worth spending so I can't think of any reason you'd actually need to farm them

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

MunchE posted:

I have like 100k of them that i have literally no use for, the game gives you way more than it's ever worth spending so I can't think of any reason you'd actually need to farm them

I recalibrate so much that I run low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Just do a bunch of bounties and get gear, then sell all of them. You'll get plenty of credits fast. Heroic bounties are one of the best ways to get decent loot so it's a win/win in a poopsocker way situation.