Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I dunno how the Power Rangers adaptations are managed these days but I wonder if they'd ever consider adapting the Sentai season where there were both cops and thieves teams.

Then again it doesn't have dinosaurs so probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Victory Position posted:

I'm not a fan of Janeway's MAX2 where she puts you on the Delta Flyer and then goes to Warp 10

It's too weird

Someone has to MUGEN this with Rasputin's sprite or something lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I want a fight stick that I can use on the following systems:

Dreamcast
Saturn
PS1
PS2
Gamecube

I presume this means I want a stick with an RJ45 output and a bunch of dongles. Presumably such a stick would use an MC Cthulu or something similar?

I don't want to build something myself, though. I just want to buy it and use it. Budget is ~$300.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I want a fight stick that I can use on the following systems:

Dreamcast
Saturn
PS1
PS2
Gamecube

I presume this means I want a stick with an RJ45 output and a bunch of dongles. Presumably such a stick would use an MC Cthulu or something similar?

I don't want to build something myself, though. I just want to buy it and use it. Budget is ~$300.

i havent heard of cthlulus in forever

you can get a dongle for dreamcast/saturn

https://focusattack.com/brook-wingman-sd-multi-console-to-sega-dreamcast-saturn-converter/

gamecube and ps1 should have similar ones online, but yeah you can do a cthulu or just get dongles for what system you play and just get whatever stick you want

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Neo Rasa posted:

It's because I played more Toshinden 2 than any of the other combined so the character stuck out when I was thinking of cop fighting game folks lol. I actually never played 3 at all until like a year ago and was blown away at the massively huge roster compared to 2.

Toshinden 3 is my favourite clearly bad fighting game that I love. A lot of the music in it slaps, also it has David and TEN COUNT

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

in the game he's supposed to be the historical jubei, so he's the inspector general

but he's also living 150 years after he died, so whatever

historical jubei disappeared for like ten years to be a wandering samurai. based on his samsho 1 background, he is living in a forest on shikoku, not doing cop poo poo, so i think he just found the secret of immortality while wandering and hosed off forever instead of going back to edo to be a cop

also, personally my favorite star trek super is the one where Q summons a mariachi band

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I have mixed feelings about the Kira alt costumes. The Ensign Ro and Iliana ones are great, but I think Mirror Universe Kira is unique enough a character to be DLC down the road, and not just a costume for Kira. Bad call there.

They still need to get her a Federation uniform alt at some point

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The best part of this game is going online and just wrecking Neelix.

The worst part of this game is going and online and just getting wrecked by Neelix

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Smoking Crow posted:

i worked with a guy who told me he thinks there shouldn't be any women in fighting games because devs purposefully design them to be top tier

i also knew a guy who said that women shouldn't be in fighting games because a majority of players are men and men want to play as men in video games, not women

people always play the character they want to be in real life.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

von Braun posted:

I either want to be Japanese Batman or a schoolgirl/arcade employee

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Kanos posted:

To this day, over two decades later, I still can't get over how Sub Zero was voiced by Luke Perry in that cartoon.

And Stryker was Ron Perlman.

Jungle Boy should voice Sub-Zero in the Scorpion's Revenge sequel.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Barudak posted:

The best part of this game is going online and just wrecking Neelix.

The worst part of this game is going and online and just getting wrecked by Neelix

They shouldn't have just made him a complete Yoshimitsu ripoff. One Yoshi is bad enough

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

von Braun posted:

true......

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Chev posted:

I dunno how the Power Rangers adaptations are managed these days but I wonder if they'd ever consider adapting the Sentai season where there were both cops and thieves teams.

Then again it doesn't have dinosaurs so probably not.

They'll never adapt LuPat in a million years.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 2002UM rollback feels pretty nice but it has all the same problems the other code mystic ports have with a barely existent lobby system and no rematch. I wish somebody would just holistically make a FG that solves all the known problems instead of one at a time, forever.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

It's been hilarious to watch the reactions to adding minecraft Steve to smash. I don't have a horse in either race, but has been pretty entertaining to read some of the comments.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
I don’t know why smash fans are whining so hard, a flagship character that isn’t FE? Instantly good

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the consternation is coming from inside the house cause even sakurai is like wth is this

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

drjuggalo posted:

I don’t know why smash fans are whining so hard, a flagship character that isn’t FE? Instantly good

Exactly, I personally love jokey unique characters in fighting games. We need more bear/panda and dans characters in fighting games.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sakurai's deadpan humor presenting the thing was great. Don't care much about Smash, but if there's anything out there that is a celebration of gaming, this would be it: the way they implemented Minecraft mechanics on top of everything else that already exists there is just amazing. There's clearly a lot of love and attention to detail involved on implementing stuff in Smash and I wish those working on it the best.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I think it's hilarious and entirely within their target audience.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/nocontextmugen/status/1311391188155592710?s=21

all that for 50%

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

The 2002UM rollback feels pretty nice but it has all the same problems the other code mystic ports have with a barely existent lobby system and no rematch. I wish somebody would just holistically make a FG that solves all the known problems instead of one at a time, forever.

as an addendum to this, there's a handful of specials and supers in the game that seem to just instantly force a desync, so until there's a general patch (maybe not coming until after the beta?) be wary of malicious trolls who will use Kim's divekick to gently caress up the match.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

be wary of malicious trolls who will use Kim's divekick to gently caress up the match.
this is true even offline

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Spanish Manlove posted:

I think it's hilarious and entirely within their target audience.

my kid is fuckin stoked

they did a great job with the moveset tbh, they went off

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Sakurai's deadpan humor presenting the thing was great. Don't care much about Smash, but if there's anything out there that is a celebration of gaming, this would be it: the way they implemented Minecraft mechanics on top of everything else that already exists there is just amazing. There's clearly a lot of love and attention to detail involved on implementing stuff in Smash and I wish those working on it the best.

Smash players don't deserve Sakurai imo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The amount of work put in for Steve in Smash is ridiculous and if you are disappointed there are already 5,000 boring swordsmen in the game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Steve has a sword too

Barudak
May 7, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Steve has a sword too

Yeah, but he isn't boring, and thats what smash players love. Boring Swordspeople

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Plus Steve crafted that poo poo and it’s not the sword of dragons and destiny

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Steve

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I assume the Smash people that are complaining about Steve are the same that complain about swordsmen.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Goku or bust, everyone else leave, especially Steve

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I assume the Smash people that are complaining about Steve are the same that complain about swordsmen.

as far as i can tell it's people who are upset by the concept of minecraft and having to remember it exists

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I guess I just assume there's a lot of overlap in people complaining about the Smash roster.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I guess I just assume there's a lot of overlap in people complaining about the Smash roster.

usually it's more people getting bummed that their pet favorite character didn't get in because there are only So Many Roster Slots (until they announce another DLC pack). the minecraft complaining has an entirely different tone from what i've seen

i barely play smash but all i wanted from a character was for them to be mechanically interesting, which seems to be the case. pulling in a character from one of the most popular games of all time was kind of an inevitability anyway

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

flatluigi posted:

usually it's more people getting bummed that their pet favorite character didn't get in because there are only So Many Roster Slots (until they announce another DLC pack). the minecraft complaining has an entirely different tone from what i've seen

I think i've seen that same resentment towards all sorts of characters. Some people have really strong opinions about the Smash roster.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think i've seen that same resentment towards all sorts of characters. Some people have really strong opinions about the Smash roster.

In Summary: Hoes Mad.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

People complaining about Smash's roster all believe themselves to be experts on the cultural impact of every game franchise that gets a character added, how good the games are, and whether or not that qualifies them to be up there with Ice Climbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I tried out MK11 because I enjoy watching it on twitch and found that I am really bad at it, like can't even block reliably or beat a computer on normal. Are the other fighting games around right now more of the same? Is tekken the same in its need for lightning quick reflexes or is it more forgiving? Am I just getting too old for this poo poo?