Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Meh I won’t vote Amni today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

sandnavyguy posted:

Amni in a game of this level of role madness, I could forgive the ominous threat as a plea for town not to mess up. But claiming that it’s not a threat After and doubling down that it’s jokephase? Which it very much did not seem to be? Shifts it from helping town to somehow entrapping town if you *are* going to do something ominous. Which is anti-town behavior.

##vote Amni

Yea, RF or SandNavyGuy both on my list.

would be happy voting either.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gonna explain myself a bit more, Amni could be gambiting here on the hope we don’t lunch him but it’s such an inconsequential thing to say to prevent himself from being lunched. I just don’t think it plays as a scum gambit.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Meh I won’t vote Amni today

Why not?

Sandwolf posted:

Surely you know this specific behavior is scummy, Amni!!

You’re telling us if we vote to lunch you, we’re making a mistake, but you won’t tell us why, just that if we do it close to deadline, we’ll have hosed up.

It’s not saying anything, it’s a vague threat to get people off your case. You know as well as any of us that you get people off your case by making an argument.

You very clearly and articulately tell the room why what Amni did was scummy, which it is, and then decide not to vote them for the remainder of the day? I’m honestly a bit confused here. You don’t have a vote at the moment, and as Amni is at -3 I could see the trepidation And a reason to not vote out of fear of triggering a possible mystery threat. What I don’t see is a reason to say “wow you’re scummy, but I won’t be voting you at *all* today”.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Gonna explain myself a bit more, Amni could be gambiting here on the hope we don’t lunch him but it’s such an inconsequential thing to say to prevent himself from being lunched. I just don’t think it plays as a scum gambit.

Ah, thank you for the explanation.

But I disagree, I think it’s absolutely an effective scum gambit.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Upset that the execution you thought would be easy to bandwagon on has detractors huh SNG?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Upset that the execution you thought would be easy to bandwagon on has detractors huh SNG?

Yes Amni, that’s why I totally set you up for failure and led the charge as your *checks notes* 5th vote, with a resounding total of *checks again* no steering or breadcrumbing that you should be taken down and executed before your poorly thought out threat.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes Amni, that’s why I totally set you up for failure and led the charge as your *checks notes* 5th vote, with a resounding total of *checks again* no steering or breadcrumbing that you should be taken down and executed before your poorly thought out threat.

That's why it's a bandwagon vote :)

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Though the defensive flailing is certainly helping the case for your execution today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I may push for a lurker lunch

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah, overall this claim reads towney to me as well. I was wondering if it was a role that actually can't be lunched D1 or something like that, but being told alignment would be revealed make it sound like it isn't that.

So I will also not vote Amni.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also, for people that come along late, here is what I'm claiming:

Executing me is no more negative to the town than executing any other member of the town *so long* as the town has enough time left in the day to execute someone else.

There is no threat looming over the town's head to *not* execute me, just don't do it at the last minute.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Any thoughts on a particular lunch candidate sand?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Steak is being unnervingly quiet for D1.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Steak is being unnervingly quiet for D1.

Relatively perhaps, but I wouldn’t call them a lurker. Especially given that they’ve been posting in spurts and it is a weekend lunch.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Steak is still my pick for a D1 lunch.

I didn't like these posts to get people to reveal flavor info

Mr. Steak posted:

my pokemon is generation 2

Mr. Steak posted:

so hey, is anybody else dual-type like me?

And the fake cop claim is... well, it's too easy for Steak to point that he did the same thing in another game here he was town? Actual town Steak would have new chaos, not copy something from a game when he was town?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Not voting Amni today after that claim. Didn’t find him scummy before and think people like DB are taking advantage of the thread’s momentum against him.

Mage/DB scum team so far imo

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
amni's claim just makes me want to lunch him quickly so if he's telling the truth we can get a 2nd flip

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sub Rosa posted:

Steak is still my pick for a D1 lunch.

I didn't like these posts to get people to reveal flavor info

And the fake cop claim is... well, it's too easy for Steak to point that he did the same thing in another game here he was town? Actual town Steak would have new chaos, not copy something from a game when he was town?

it was so obviously a joke, oh my lord

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Not voting Amni today after that claim. Didn’t find him scummy before and think people like DB are taking advantage of the thread’s momentum against him.

I get the same feeling

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Amnistar posted:

You'll know my alignment.

So killing you won't end the day and will mod confirm you as town, but you're against it.
~doubt~

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Even if his claim is true it says nothing about his alignment, it's just a loved or lynchproof claim

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

So killing you won't end the day and will mod confirm you as town, but you're against it.
~doubt~

It will mod confirm him as town when he flips deadly

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Even if his claim is true it says nothing about his alignment, it's just a loved or lynchproof claim

🤦🏻‍♂️

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

is there not a role name for someone who’s lunch doesn’t end the game?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

is there not a role name for someone who’s lunch doesn’t end the game?

Nothing I've come across but this is a PMush role madness so who knows.
I mean that said if that's all it is and it's just some weird localized lights out role, I don't intend to lunch anyone else today

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

By which I mean I'd rather just end the day at the point, not that I won't switch back to sng who is also scum still

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

🤦🏻‍♂️

Use your words

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Nothing I've come across but this is a PMush role madness so who knows.
I mean that said if that's all it is and it's just some weird localized lights out role, I don't intend to lunch anyone else today

That is not all it is, but everything else is irrelevant from a claim perspective.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Amnistar posted:

That is not all it is, but everything else is irrelevant from a claim perspective.

Swell. Having a vague mystery role that you ominously dangle over us and refuse to elaborate on definitely makes me think you're town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

Who is everything else irrelevant?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

How is everything else irrelevant?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Maybe I spoke too soon when I said I wouldn’t vote Amni today.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Who is everything else irrelevant?

I've been pretty clear that it's in town's best interest to leave enough time to vote for another execution if I'm voted for; and that not doing so would be detrimental to town. I've clarified that executing me isn't going to unleash an anti-town effect. The reason I claimed, at all, was to avoid a last minute scurry to execute me at deadline. So what I've claimed does that, so nothing else about my role is relevant to me claiming.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Amnistar posted:

it's in town's best interest to leave enough time to vote for another execution if I'm voted for; and that not doing so would be detrimental to town
My read was just that the day doesn't end so we could lunch someone else so long as we have time to.

This is making it sound stronger than that? Like you get confirmed town, but don't die so long as we lunch someone else. But that doesn't fit with whatelse you have said.

So I'll ask directly, the only thing detrimental that would happen would be a no lunch instead of another lunch?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I've claimed what I intend to.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

I've claimed what I intend to.

Can you just list what you’re leaving out? I think you’re not claiming stuff like Pokémon/typing, which is fine to not claim imo, but there’s an undeniable component here that feels like there’s an extra part to your role you’re obfuscating.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Can you just list what you’re leaving out? I think you’re not claiming stuff like Pokémon/typing, which is fine to not claim imo, but there’s an undeniable component here that feels like there’s an extra part to your role you’re obfuscating.

I am. It's not detetrimental to town, so I'm not going to be claiming anything else.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok heres the plan. lunch amni.
then if hes town we lunch sandwolf
if hes scum we lunch humalong or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

ok heres the plan. lunch amni.
then if hes town we lunch sandwolf
if hes scum we lunch humalong or something

walk me through this one? Why do you think sandwolf is scum if I'm town?