Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Epsilon Plus posted:

if it makes you feel any better, SNG, I was definitely thinking Amni was scum running some bizarro gambit but didn't want to vote for him worrying he would Take Vengeance Upon Me or some poo poo

Also In your defense it would look like a omgus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Make a better case than lunching you

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

sandnavyguy posted:

Also In your defense it would look like a omgus.

Absolutely nobody would think that.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

because I didn't want to actually get executed initially, because I'm not likely to get nightkilled without something like this. Once it became a big deal I bit the bullet and pushed the death through.

So, analyze votes, you have a flip now.

##vote SNG

Wow nice OMGUS

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m trying. I think that DBs opportunistic actions alone are more scummy than my earnest convictions, even if I was wrong, I at least had a logical thought out reason. DB votes because he thought it looked good. Then when Amni made his mysterious post DB backed off entirely, not removing their vote of course, but staying out of the fray in case of a bomb or Supersaint of some kind. From a scum perspective unaware of Amnis power role or restrictions, DB played it perfectly.

If they were town, they’d have shown *some* kind of concern or dismay.

I’m not sure what better case I can provide, it’s a very solid one.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Wtf is a SuperSaint stop reading the drat wiki

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SNG I gotta be honest a lot of your defenses here feel very much so like..

You feel you're technically playing a town game but are getting called out anyways and it feels frustrating because you think your actions are the same as what town would do.

but this isn't how town think

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am a Supersaint

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Epsilon Plus posted:

Absolutely nobody would think that.

I mean... I’ve made the exact same kind of vote before and been told I was OMGUS so :shrug:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Humalong posted:

Wtf is a SuperSaint stop reading the drat wiki

Hey I’m a research hound. How else am I gonna learn to play? By playing? Psssssshhh...

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

You feel you're technically playing a town game but are getting called out anyways and it feels frustrating because you think your actions are the same as what town would do.

But uh, I am town, and that is exactly how I’m thinking though?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SNG, DG isn't voting you, but you said someone that was voting you did ping you as scum. Which one and why?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

sandnavyguy posted:

Q Res: same issue as me, thinks the cryptic stuff is bull poo poo

Just a minor correction, but this isn't what happened. I made it very clear I wasn't buying Amni as scum, I only dropped a vote on him after he called for his own lunch.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Either you or Q Res. He’s new, and I’m giving him a pass. It may be just the fact that his play style is very similar to my first few scum games, which is quite fresh in my mind.

You’re the long shot, because you are no longer lurking and are making good posts, but I feel as if your targets have been rather easy group cases. I’m less certain you are scum than not, but I’m not entirely town on you yet.

So, odds are at least one scum is voting me, as I’m town and vote lead, and I have two candidates it may be. So I’m comfortable stating I feel I have one scum voting me rn.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

You think I'm voting you?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sub Rosa posted:

You think I'm voting you?

I thought you were yes.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sigh this is what I get for rushing through reads on my way home. Well Sub Rosa, you haven’t voted for me yet, but yes I think you still may be scum.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I don't think it looks great for you to post all this theorizing about who is voting you and who isn't when you aren't even correct about who is.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah, this

I wish Amni had been a SuperSaint so I could have seen what it was

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Then of the four voting me just Q Res. Unless I’m mistaken the other three are RF (making a reasonable call based on the Amni flip) Epsilon(null read) and Amnistar(superconfirmed town)

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I get you are phone posting and could be panicked that you could get turboed, but I'm having trouble reading if the mistakes you are making are legit or to sow confusion.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sub Rosa posted:

I don't think it looks great for you to post all this theorizing about who is voting you and who isn't when you aren't even correct about who is.

I was asked to, I said I wasn’t at my computer yet :colbert:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sub Rosa posted:

I get you are phone posting and could be panicked that you could get turboed, but I'm having trouble reading if the mistakes you are making are legit or to sow confusion.

This

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah, this

I wish Amni had been a SuperSaint so I could have seen what it was

Vengeful townie.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

##vote RF

For reasons I've already stated.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I will state for the record, regardless of whether I’m town or scum in any game, when I sow confusion I do it with gambits and not cheap grammatical mistakes. I phone post a lot and sometimes I make slip ups, and it wouldn’t be in good fun to abuse that. It’s in poor taste. Likewise I’ll never truly breakdown into personal attacks etc. it’s just gauche.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

I will state for the record, regardless of whether I’m town or scum in any game, when I sow confusion I do it with gambits and not cheap grammatical mistakes. I phone post a lot and sometimes I make slip ups, and it wouldn’t be in good fun to abuse that. It’s in poor taste. Likewise I’ll never truly breakdown into personal attacks etc. it’s just gauche.

You aren’t a true mafia player until you cause a meltdown

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

sandnavyguy posted:

Then of the four voting me just Q Res. Unless I’m mistaken the other three are RF (making a reasonable call based on the Amni flip) Epsilon(null read) and Amnistar(superconfirmed town)

So RF votes you after the flip and that's a reasonable call, I vote after the flip and you read me as scum? After seriously misrepresenting why I voted Amni, this feels like you're trying to deflect onto me because as the newbie with no meta reads to make I'm the easiest target that's voting you.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My vote has nothing to do with amni's flip, other than the fact that I didn't want to vote for him anymore given him being mod confirmed town and all. I was voting sng before amni started being weird

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Q_res posted:

So RF votes you after the flip and that's a reasonable call, I vote after the flip and you read me as scum? After seriously misrepresenting why I voted Amni, this feels like you're trying to deflect onto me because as the newbie with no meta reads to make I'm the easiest target that's voting you.

No, your vote on me is reasonable, that doesn’t mean you’re town. I find you to be acting like new scum. After the Amni flip, I *cant* blame any of you for voting, hence my panic and frustration. And why I feel I have to be on the defensive. Since again, after that flip I’m an easy mislunch.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Retro Futurist posted:

My vote has nothing to do with amni's flip, other than the fact that I didn't want to vote for him anymore given him being mod confirmed town and all. I was voting sng before amni started being weird

I have a town read on you. Now I just have to find a better case so you don’t accidentally cause a mislunch because of the messed up situation Rn

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

sandnavyguy posted:

I have a town read on you. Now I just have to find a better case so you don’t accidentally cause a mislunch because of the messed up situation Rn

Once again my vote on you has exactly zero to do with anything to do with amni or this situation. This is the weirdest misrepresentation I've ever seen

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Retro Futurist posted:

Once again my vote on you has exactly zero to do with anything to do with amni or this situation. This is the weirdest misrepresentation I've ever seen

I didn’t say it did?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m saying, I’m a bad vote. I have to find a better case so you don’t do the bad thing and vote me, because I’m town. How am I misrepresenting that?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m saying, I’m a bad vote. I have to find a better case so you don’t do the bad thing and vote me, because I’m town. How am I misrepresenting that?

Its pretty obvious that’s what I mean.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

If you really want clarity because instead of scumhunting you’d rather split hairs, I mean specifically that in this situation, where a multitude of town including one that’s confirmed, is voting me, a single vote because of apathy or “a hunch” could be the deciding factor of a mislunch.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

“I’m town! I’m town!” He screamed, but no one seemed to believe him.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

“I’m town! I’m town!” He screamed, but no one seemed to believe him.

do you?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
it feels like SNG is going to be one of those players where if we don't kill them today, conversation is going to be focused on them until they're dead

this isn't a scum/town call, this is just me thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sigh. This shouldn’t be an ultimatum. There are 12 other potential suspects in the game y’all.