Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Squiggly posted:

Not that I can tell

My action was successful

Which when paired with no kill leads me to ##vote sandwolf

Ok
##vote sandwolf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Squiggly, in your understanding of what happened last night, was the night killer able to actively visit their target? (yes, I know there wasn't a death last night)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I still don’t get why people swung to yank in the first place

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Retro Futurist posted:

Makes two of us.

Did me calling out DB really warrant a reaction that big?

:thunk:

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Dick Bastardly posted:

Squiggly, in your understanding of what happened last night, was the night killer able to actively visit their target? (yes, I know there wasn't a death last night)

I'm gonna be honest, I think people have different abilities based on different jutsus and I block various jutsus

So I don't believe they would have been able to go anywhere because they would have tried to use a jutsu and I would have stopped that ability. That is my understanding at least

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Retro Futurist posted:

Have you played mafia here in the last year

This is every game

Joke votes lingering on someone towards deadline in d1 doesn't make me want to finish the job. Yami could have been anyone (see steak and I voting Sal, who also was a shot in the dark)

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
What made you pick Sandwolf to block anyway

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dead Cow posted:

??????

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote squiggly I don’t buy

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Dead Cow posted:

Squiggly posted:

Right?

I'm doubting the sincerity of sandwolf and yami's arguments

Additionally, sandwolf has rolled sng levels of scum in my recent games and I like to interact with him, which leads to me implicitly trusting he's town with no proof. I wanted proof this game before deciding he was my town bro

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

t a s t e posted:

##vote squiggly I don’t buy

:waycool:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Squiggly, please explain this to me:

Squiggly posted:

In general the votes on db are d1 who the gently caress cares shot in the dark posts

The votes on you are the typical I don't like that bandwagon what else we got d1 last minute switch

I don't think either of those have much merit in regards to alignment unless one of you is actually scum, which we won't know at this point so yeah

Don't really have a preference on vote. But I love me some steak

##vote sal

Squiggly posted:

Let's do this

##vote yami

when the votecount was like this:

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Dick Bastardly (5): Dead Cow, GulagDolls, Sandwolf, Retro Futurist, Yami Fenrir
Yami Fenrir (3): t a s t e, Grandicap, Dick Bastardly, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
SalTheBard (3): Mr. Humalong, Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak, Squiggly
t a s t e (0): Retro Futurist, Grandicap, Retro Futurist, Grandicap
GulagDolls (0): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly
Sandwolf (0): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly

Not Voting (1): SalTheBard

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 03rd, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 24 minutes.

It's bothering me a lot.

If you have no vote preference at the time, why suddenly swerve the vote onto me with no real explanation?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Away from the vote leader, I mean.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I was interested in seeing if there were enough votes left to muster on you. The votes seemed there for db, so if I voted you would people switch? And if so with what justifications?

I believed the information gained from voting you would be better since either flip was a coin toss. My wording is ambiguous, but it shouldn't be read as "let's do this," but rather "let's do this"

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yami Fenrir posted:

Away from the vote leader, I mean.

Why does it matter? Without a flip this doesn't mean poo poo unless you for some reason know how he'll flip

I already debunked what your reasoning for voting him was, and there was no actual case. Vote leader isn't synonymous with confirmed scum as far as I'm aware

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Okay?

What about this post then:

Squiggly posted:

Right?

I'm doubting the sincerity of sandwolf and yami's arguments

Have you forgotten about being pinged by my posts, lol?

I really feel like your words and actions don't match here.

##vote Squiggly

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Squiggly posted:

Why does it matter? Without a flip this doesn't mean poo poo unless you for some reason know how he'll flip

I already debunked what your reasoning for voting him was, and there was no actual case. Vote leader isn't synonymous with confirmed scum as far as I'm aware

The point was, that if you truly have no vote preference, is what is the point of trying to swerve away from the vote leader? At worst, a switch that late can even cause a no lunch which only benefits scum.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yami Fenrir posted:

Okay?

##vote Squiggly

No? You're OMGUSing real hard but it's a day too late man catch up here

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yami Fenrir posted:

The point was, that if you truly have no vote preference, is what is the point of trying to swerve away from the vote leader? At worst, a switch that late can even cause a no lunch which only benefits scum.

Because the votes were there. No one comes in and votes, I can switch to db. It gives information that no one wanted to switch to you. Db being saved also gives information, mostly depending on your flip

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Squiggly posted:

No? You're OMGUSing real hard but it's a day too late man catch up here

All I'm saying is you could have literally said "I voted you because I was more suspicious of you than DB" and that would have been fine.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

It just felt like you weren't all that attached to your read of "doubting my sincerity," since you already forgot.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yami Fenrir posted:

All I'm saying is you could have literally said "I voted you because I was more suspicious of you than DB" and that would have been fine.

I told you what I didn't like, and it was an argument you shrugged and went "meh" about. I didn't find it particularly scummy, but I did doubt the sincerity of it. Much like db's vote on you, though, it doesn't mean much when you're simply trying to survive another day. Bad arguments abound by both town and scum when you're on the block

I find it more interesting that people are ignoring and pushing against my result when there's no kill. There's no reason for me to claim at this point except to benefit town, especially seeing as Sal could've shut me down pretty easily if I was lying

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yami Fenrir posted:

It just felt like you weren't all that attached to your read of "doubting my sincerity," since you already forgot.

That is because I wasn't. I've already addressed this numerous times. See: "coin flip"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Squiggly posted:

I told you what I didn't like, and it was an argument you shrugged and went "meh" about. I didn't find it particularly scummy, but I did doubt the sincerity of it. Much like db's vote on you, though, it doesn't mean much when you're simply trying to survive another day. Bad arguments abound by both town and scum when you're on the block

I find it more interesting that people are ignoring and pushing against my result when there's no kill. There's no reason for me to claim at this point except to benefit town, especially seeing as Sal could've shut me down pretty easily if I was lying

To be entirely fair on the latter front, I'm waiting for sandwolf to say literally anything on the matter. (or anything at all)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Okay?

##vote Squiggly

As I’ve said many times, yami is correct and true

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Seems like they're just tactically ignoring it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Gulag swap to squiggs pls

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

t a s t e posted:

This is the second game where you didn't buy my claim, and the second game where I'm honest town presenting you a choice between myself and actual scum. I don't lie about my role man. Maybe you could doubt alignment, but not my role

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yami Fenrir posted:

Seems like they're just tactically ignoring it.

Yeah well when people like taste are gonna poo poo post me into being lynched why bother

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Squiggly posted:

This is the second game where you didn't buy my claim, and the second game where I'm honest town presenting you a choice between myself and actual scum. I don't lie about my role man. Maybe you could doubt alignment, but not my role

For taste, it was tuesday

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

t a s t e posted:

Like what is this poo poo you voted yami yesterday you turd

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Taste is the Trump of mafia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I rest my case

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm pretty confident that Squiggly is town based on his claim.
It doesn't make sense from a scum claim point.
It is way too early to pull the trigger on something like this to get a misexecute that would very likely end in his death the next day if he is wrong.
I think he is putting too much weight behind it because no kill on a night you stop a target from using jutsus is an indicator, but nowhere as good as tracking/watching someone to the kill or getting a cop result to them.
There are still plenty of options on where the kill went.
That being said, with Squiggly's information, it makes sense that he'd jump on it in the absence of any flips thus far.

So, I'm trying to find a scum justification here.
I think I am going to assume that Squiggly is telling the truth about his role, because to do otherwise, on D2, is fraught with terrible repercussions for him. Getting caught in an avoidable lie would be silly.
But he could be a scum blocker. So let's look at the scum motivations to claim d1.
1) Cred. He could get cred if he is a Sandwolf scum buddy, claims to have prevented the kill, and ride it to endgame.
- This falls apart later game if he is still alive as a pseudo-confirmed town. And he has given up a scumbro way early to do it. I judge this unlikely
2) He is a blocker, he did block Sandwolf, but he knows the kill failed for other reasons. He pushes this narrative because he thinks it's what a town blocker would do.
- This is much more likely than the prior option IMO, but still falls apart. He outs himself as a generally negative role, he gets a whole lotta blowback if Sandwolf flips town. It is day 2 which is basically D1 because no kills D1 or N1. It seems to dangerous for a gambit. The chances of it blowing up in his face are too large. If it were later in the game, I would put more credence behind it, but not now.

I 'm still pretty sure Gulag is scum, but there is a weak night action pointing at Sandwolf, and that is stronger than anything else we have on D1 take 2: Electric Boogaloo.

##vote Sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Good morning. I’ve read Squiggly’s poo poo on me and I’m kind of confused by it? I believe he’s claiming some kind of roleblock but.. My action last night was successful?

So I’m trying to suss out if Squiggly got night action bingo’d or is scum trying to push through a case.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Good morning. I’ve read Squiggly’s poo poo on me and I’m kind of confused by it? I believe he’s claiming some kind of roleblock but.. My action last night was successful?

So I’m trying to suss out if Squiggly got night action bingo’d or is scum trying to push through a case.

Is your action not a jutsu, but like a thing? That is put horribly, but you get it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Followup question, without claiming or anything, is your action verifiable?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Now that is interesting, especially with Steak claiming to be roleblocked.

Don't tell me what your actual action is, but is your action something that can be proven or not? (for example a track)

Again, don't say what the actual action is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

Is your action not a jutsu, but like a thing? That is put horribly, but you get it.

I am not an expert on Naruto but I’m p sure it’s not a jutsu, it’s also fairly verifiable I think