Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote Squiggly yeah I don't buy that at all. Squiggly almost certainly covering for db there

Covering for what? I'm pushing him for answers none of you are even mentioning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

t a s t e posted:

Grandi I wasn’t being glib, I really am curious as how you read an ostensibly town player’s meltdown at the slightest prodding

Blocking you being the meltdown?
Taste, blocking you is attaining enlightenment.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Squiggly posted:

Hello DB not voting yami without an answer to this

I have mod confirmation that I was targeted for a kill (via my Bullet Proof being expended)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

I have mod confirmation that I was targeted for a kill (via my Bullet Proof being expended)

But how does that track with Yami therefore being scum? Loved is a power that is not indicative of alignment (execution proof too).

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

BP existing does not meaningfully change that math.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

But how does that track with Yami therefore being scum? Loved is a power that is not indicative of alignment (execution proof too).

DB keeps insisting that Yami was actually lunchproof and therefore scum but boy is that a perplexing take on things

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

t a s t e posted:

DB makes no sense as a scum night kill target

WIFOM but that's what scum might've been relying on to avoid town watchers/docs perhaps. Scum didn't count on a BP probably.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

all of a sudden, completely switching gears from your prior gotcha

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Squiggly posted:

I mean swinging the vote to yami yesterday off of him. Your explanation for that makes no sense at all and just reads like someone who was hoping to manipulate town and assumed they wouldn't notice. They usually don't to be fair but you got caught on this one.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Funny how you're back at this after claiming you're not a rolecop...?

I already claimed my role and it's Loved, not Lunchproof like you apparently deluded yourself into believing with absolute certainty despite claiming to not have mechanical proof.

I don't buy the flavor reason that you are loved, in fact, I don;t buy flavor things much at all because were's is my lover hmm?? WHEWRE IS MY KAWAII BOYFRIEND

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

A d1 vote swing with seemingly no reason is par for the course.
And we are doing it without flips too.
Good god.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Dick Bastardly posted:

Interesting because you as a redirect target would make sense (can imagine plenty of people targeting you after d1) but scum would know who they redirected to and there's no reason to kill you

You're still making the false and debunked claim that yami is lynch proof which is very clearly not the case

I'm not gonna lynch the bullet proof claim with no kills last night. Unless there's a 3rd party killer that role is pretty townie

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Grandicap posted:

Blocking you being the meltdown?
Taste, blocking you is attaining enlightenment.

Maybe for someone who really likes children’s cartoons or some such, but not for a stranger who’s just seen “I don’t buy it”

It’s oerformative

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

all of a sudden, completely switching gears from your prior gotcha

You mean the gotcha that was debunked? loving vote me if you're just gonna shade me this is definitely scum play from you

##vote sandwolf

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

A d1 vote swing with seemingly no reason is par for the course.
And we are doing it without flips too.
Good god.

I missed a step in my thought process here. That we are deriving cases from the d1 vote swap without flips is the thing that I am exasperated about.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I don't buy the flavor reason that you are loved, in fact, I don;t buy flavor things much at all because were's is my lover hmm?? WHEWRE IS MY KAWAII BOYFRIEND

Did I even mention the flavor reason I was loved?

Oh wait, I didn't.

Did you even bother to read my posts?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Squiggly posted:

Interesting because you as a redirect target would make sense (can imagine plenty of people targeting you after d1) but scum would know who they redirected to and there's no reason to kill you

You're still making the false and debunked claim that yami is lynch proof which is very clearly not the case

I'm not gonna lynch the bullet proof claim with no kills last night. Unless there's a 3rd party killer that role is pretty townie

why is making a more convoluted argument (hinged on a possible redirect) better than my simple argument that involves things I have evidence for. All I ask is for trust in my reasoning/case. If I am wrong, then I don't expect to survive the following day (if I even survive the night preceding it).

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Retro Futurist posted:

I mean swinging the vote to yami yesterday off of him. Your explanation for that makes no sense at all and just reads like someone who was hoping to manipulate town and assumed they wouldn't notice. They usually don't to be fair but you got caught on this one.

My explanation of more info makes no sense when there was no case on either of them?

You guys are pretty much saying db is scum without his flip, ergo I'm scum for swinging the vote off of him

It's loving dumb

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Grandicap posted:

I missed a step in my thought process here. That we are deriving cases from the d1 vote swap without flips is the thing that I am exasperated about.

This. Some people pretending they're galaxy brain who won't even bother wiping the egg from their face tomorrow

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I have a townish read on Grandicap based on tone and style of posting, but that flavor based validation of Yami having a loved PR was disturbing to me a bit. Anyone using flavor to make arguments this game is slightly suss to me full stop. Even though I am not well versed in Naruto, i did do a little research on my own character for a bit of context and yeah... the flavor connections are too vague imo.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yami Fenrir posted:

Did I even mention the flavor reason I was loved?

Oh wait, I didn't.

Did you even bother to read my posts?

DB seems to be misconstruing loved and lovers but I'm not sold on it being intentional

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Squiggly posted:

My explanation of more info makes no sense when there was no case on either of them?

You guys are pretty much saying db is scum without his flip, ergo I'm scum for swinging the vote off of him

It's loving dumb

You do realize it's a good idea to call out fishy behavior even if it's not confirmed by a flip yet?

That's, in fact, called playing mafia. You almost never have perfect info and have to start somewhere.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Ok so I'm starting to piece together my night results and I am a bit suspect of Squiggly as well.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yami Fenrir posted:

You do realize it's a good idea to call out fishy behavior even if it's not confirmed by a flip yet?

That's, in fact, called playing mafia. You almost never have perfect info and have to start somewhere.

Yeah but usually that info is not making up a patently false connection

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Squiggly posted:

Yeah but usually that info is not making up a patently false connection

Patently false my rear end, lol.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Assuming you're not scum I'll take an apology in your confessional, thanks

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Squiggly posted:

Assuming you're not scum I'll take an apology in your confessional, thanks

Sorry to disappoint you.

Let's not pretend you're saintlier than you are this game, lol.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Squiggly posted:

DB seems to be misconstruing loved and lovers but I'm not sold on it being intentional

think about this for a second:

character A (well known for loving/being in love with character B in Naruto anime flavor) is "loved" (mafia context: takes an extra vote to lunch)
character A (well known for loving/being in love with character B in Naruto anuime flavor) is "lovers" with character B in game (mafia context: one dies, the other dies)

how does anyone even know how the mod would choose to integrate that concept from anime to mafia game

it's dumb, anime is dumb and so are you if your arguing about flavor

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

I have a townish read on Grandicap based on tone and style of posting, but that flavor based validation of Yami having a loved PR was disturbing to me a bit. Anyone using flavor to make arguments this game is slightly suss to me full stop. Even though I am not well versed in Naruto, i did do a little research on my own character for a bit of context and yeah... the flavor connections are too vague imo.

Flavor doesn't come into this.
I was giving Amni poo poo about making Sasuke loved because that is objectively a terrible thing, because Sasuke is an objectively terrible character.
My reasoning on him being loved was him not dying when he got to votes to be executed and wasn't.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Dick Bastardly posted:

think about this for a second:

character A (well known for loving/being in love with character B in Naruto anime flavor) is "loved" (mafia context: takes an extra vote to lunch)
character A (well known for loving/being in love with character B in Naruto anuime flavor) is "lovers" with character B in game (mafia context: one dies, the other dies)

how does anyone even know how the mod would choose to integrate that concept from anime to mafia game

it's dumb, anime is dumb and so are you if your arguing about flavor

You're assuming too much about the flavor behind Loved.

It has, in fact, nothing to do with being loved by anyone this game, it's simply the common name for the role.

Also I'm a bit fan of you saying arguing about flavor is dumb when you are, in the same post, arguing about flavor.

Lol.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
what if Yami is lying and neither are applicable to them? what then?

my arguments are based on my night results and logic ya freaks

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yami Fenrir posted:

Sorry to disappoint you.

Let's not pretend you're saintlier than you are this game, lol.

You're pretending I'm scum because I voted you and everything you're reading is jaded in that light

I was willing to admit as much in regards to my sandwolf read, but he keeps laying it on thick without a vote so I'm a bit more confident even with db stating he was surely targeted

So here's a question since you seem to be responding: do you still think db is scum?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Too many lols yami, but I don't see a loved character as scum since it'd break the game in lylo

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Squiggly posted:

You're pretending I'm scum because I voted you and everything you're reading is jaded in that light

I was willing to admit as much in regards to my sandwolf read, but he keeps laying it on thick without a vote so I'm a bit more confident even with db stating he was surely targeted

So here's a question since you seem to be responding: do you still think db is scum?

Don't put words in my mouth, thank you very much.

I'm not OMGUSing you, I explained perfectly well beforehand why I voted you.

Also, if you read any of my goddamn posts, you'd know the answer to the second one already.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Grandicap posted:

Flavor doesn't come into this.
I was giving Amni poo poo about making Sasuke loved because that is objectively a terrible thing, because Sasuke is an objectively terrible character.
My reasoning on him being loved was him not dying when he got to votes to be executed and wasn't.

My opinion is based on the very same fact (that Yami survived a lunch) and also my own role PM and how I figured it fits into the game balance wise which points me away from loved and to lunch-proof liar scum lying about their role flavor.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Dick Bastardly posted:

what if Yami is lying and neither are applicable to them? what then?

my arguments are based on my night results and logic ya freaks

Yes, clearly Loved doesn't apply to the person who didn't die when at 7 out of 7 votes to lunch.

DB, please.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also, if you read any of my goddamn posts, you'd know the answer to the second one already.

The only time you've mentioned db in your posts today is to say that he and I are on a scum team, which is why I'm asking if you still think he's scum (independent of me)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

My opinion is based on the very same fact (that Yami survived a lunch) and also my own role PM and how I figured it fits into the game balance wise which points me away from loved and to lunch-proof liar scum lying about their role flavor.

The standard application of execution proof would be that the day ended and the target just wasn't executed.
This could have been a non-standard application, but all signs point to loved. It's standard application would allow the day to continue to see if he gets another vote.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yes, clearly Loved doesn't apply to the person who didn't die when at 7 out of 7 votes to lunch.

DB, please.

Ok, so lunch-proof is less applicable how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Dick Bastardly posted:

You do realize, that if I was lunchproof, it would have triggered something because it was 5 minutes before deadline, and amni even stated that there was no hammer, not that the hammer failed to kill me?

Why are we even having this idiotic discussion?

You are somehow presenting your dumb setup spec as a foolproof case.