Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes sand, you are all putting me on tilt. Congratulations. It does not change the fact I’m town and your scum buddy DB has played a poor scum game.

I know the feeling of being on tilt and having it seem like everything you say is getting called scummy and honestly, imo, that's the worst feeling in mafia.

But you feel, in addition to the above, like you're getting more and more desperate about painting someone else as scum

Do you have ANYTHING to support the statement that you think DB and I are scum together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sub Rosa posted:

I would prefer DB being more active as the vote leader, certainly, but I thought the stuff about thinking Amni was suss for being sure the terrible fake post restriction poo poo was voluntary was reasonable.

I'd agree with this too, though, I'd like to hear at all from DB

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yes. The combination of your posts asking me to find a case alternative, along with the posts saying you just don’t see another case. Then, after I’ve read out the case, that you agree is a good read and summary, you *still* vote me, without applying pressure to the other person. And, further, the timing of SubRosa and your posting seem very well strategized and synergistic, inclined to place me on tilt.

And the reactions to epsilon, where you say “I’m disturbed” but don’t follow up. I think the core scum team is Sandwolf, Sub rosa, DB, with perhaps another.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And until this point, DB was the vote lead but with a comfortable cushion, but only *after* he reached 6 votes did you and Rosa suddenly swoop in with a strong cohesive set of agreed upon points and statements.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

While I am not convinced completely on the case for DB, but I will vote if things go down to the wire. I'm not feeling Sandwolf as scum at this time. Sandnavyguy could go either way.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Maigius posted:

While I am not convinced completely on the case for DB, but I will vote if things go down to the wire. I'm not feeling Sandwolf as scum at this time. Sandnavyguy could go either way.

Look either scum is magically lucky that sand and Rosa came down at the exact same time and proper moment to attempt to swing the execution to someone else, or one or both are scum.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Votecount for Day 1

Dick Bastardly (6): Mr. Humalong, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy, Yami Fenrir, Epsilon Plus, sandnavyguy, Q_res, Tommunist
sandnavyguy (5): Q_res, Retro Futurist, Amnistar, Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist, Epsilon Plus, Amnistar, Retro Futurist, Q_res, Amnistar, Retro Futurist, Q_res, Epsilon Plus, Q_res, Hal Incandenza, Sub Rosa, Sandwolf
Mr. Steak (0): Mr. Humalong, Tommunist, Sub Rosa, Tommunist, Mr. Humalong, Sub Rosa
Epsilon Plus (0): Amnistar, Tommunist, Amnistar, sandnavyguy, Tommunist, sandnavyguy
Amnistar (0): Yami Fenrir, Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak, Dick Bastardly, sandnavyguy, Q_res, Sub Rosa, Amnistar, Amnistar, sandnavyguy, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist, Q_res, Sub Rosa, Dick Bastardly, Yami Fenrir
Hal Incandenza (0): Tommunist, Tommunist
Mr. Humalong (0): Tommunist, Tommunist
Sub Rosa (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
Maigius (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
Retro Futurist (0): Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar, Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Sandwolf (0): sandnavyguy, Amnistar, Hal Incandenza, Amnistar, sandnavyguy, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Hal Incandenza
Execute No One! (0): Maigius, Maigius

Not Voting (3): Dick Bastardly, Maigius, Mr. Steak

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to hang. The current deadline is October 05th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 20 minutes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

Look either scum is magically lucky that sand and Rosa came down at the exact same time and proper moment to attempt to swing the execution to someone else, or one or both are scum.

you're still one vote safer than DB so this just feels not proportional

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I’m assuming it is though. Specifically, if there are 3-4 scum, one of which includes DB, that means there are 2-3 scum who must hope to swing the vote and save their scumbuddy.

DB is staying silent, so his case has to be supported by his scumbuddies.

The only person who have come out in protective favor “just not seeing the case” is Rosa.

At the same time as Rosa, you enter and add a vote putting me one behind DB. This would be a solid scum play if both you and Rosa are team mates, with one of your other scum buddies or DB himself not voting until he can tie us with the hope a townie on me will flip in an effort to halt a NL.

Then you wait until Someone on the fence hops over to hammer.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
what does the opposite of that case look like?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh gently caress, i got timezones mixed up cuz im used to living in est. i'll catch up now!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Epsilon Plus posted:

what does the opposite of that case look like?

Look, I’m not going to make scums argument for them.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

Look, I’m not going to make scums argument for them.

you mean you won't consider an alternative beyond your narrative?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

No, I will, once someone else posits it. It would be counterintuitive to do scums dirty work when I’m town.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

The reason why no one has, you see, is because if they succeed and get me flipped, everyone will know I’m town. Then they will be especially under the microscope. I’m on tilt, but not *that* crazy.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Caught up and about to drive 15 mins to get home. When I do, I'll review and make a decision. So far I felt SNG was flustered and erratic town but now I'm not sure. Will reread soon.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

No, I will, once someone else posits it. It would be counterintuitive to do scums dirty work when I’m town.

the alternative is ur scum

or the alternative is rosa and I are town and both think ur scum

or the alternative is rosa is scum and doing what you said and I'm just town

or the alternative is I'm scum and doing what you said and Rosa is just town

this feels very very arrogant from you sng

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
disagreement box! evaluating both sides of a case lets you catch flaws in your reasoning

I have to go teach a class, DB is the vote IMO

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

sandnavyguy posted:

Rereading sand and Rosa's posts, I can see the town feeling not wanting to turbo a lurker.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Dick Bastardly (6): Mr. Humalong, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy, Yami Fenrir, Epsilon Plus, sandnavyguy, Q_res, Tommunist
sandnavyguy (5): Q_res, Retro Futurist, Amnistar, Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist, Epsilon Plus, Amnistar, Retro Futurist, Q_res, Amnistar, Retro Futurist, Q_res, Epsilon Plus, Q_res, Hal Incandenza, Sub Rosa, Sandwolf
Mr. Steak (0): Mr. Humalong, Tommunist, Sub Rosa, Tommunist, Mr. Humalong, Sub Rosa
Epsilon Plus (0): Amnistar, Tommunist, Amnistar, sandnavyguy, Tommunist, sandnavyguy
Amnistar (0): Yami Fenrir, Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak, Dick Bastardly, sandnavyguy, Q_res, Sub Rosa, Amnistar, Amnistar, sandnavyguy, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist, Q_res, Sub Rosa, Dick Bastardly, Yami Fenrir
Hal Incandenza (0): Tommunist, Tommunist
Mr. Humalong (0): Tommunist, Tommunist
Sub Rosa (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
Maigius (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
Retro Futurist (0): Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar, Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Sandwolf (0): sandnavyguy, Amnistar, Hal Incandenza, Amnistar, sandnavyguy, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Hal Incandenza
Execute No One! (0): Maigius, Maigius

Not Voting (3): Dick Bastardly, Maigius, Mr. Steak

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to hang. The current deadline is October 05th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 1 minute.

Let me know if that's a bad time for deadline. First day will be a little long, but weekend deadlines suck, so... :shrug:.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

the alternative is ur scum

or the alternative is rosa and I are town and both think ur scum

or the alternative is rosa is scum and doing what you said and I'm just town

or the alternative is I'm scum and doing what you said and Rosa is just town

this feels very very arrogant from you sng

Arrogant yes. Sorry bout that.

But, now that you’ve posted it,

1. Yes that is a possibility. It could absolutely be a coincidence that you two are both town on the same wavelength and are wrong about me. However, nothing can be read into a coincidence, and it doesn’t help anyone.

2. Yep, and this is more likely than coincidence but less likely in my opinion than both of you strategizing, because you are both good as scum at reworking a narrative in your past games.

3. I find this unlikely, because the Rosa statement that they just don’t see the DB case, and wants them to post more but oh well, is very lassie faire for them.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
don't lunch me today, I could be pretty useful to town if I survive

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Q_res posted:

This seems plausible, but if we lunch SNG and he flips town, what then?

:shrug: That is tomorrow RF's problem

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Dick Bastardly posted:

don't lunch me today, I could be pretty useful to town if I survive

As am I, but until we’re forced to claiming is anti-town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There’s an hour left and I’m about to get to work tryna get someone lunched so claim earlier rather than later.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Also this is disingenuous. DB hasn’t voted yet and do you really think he’s gonna self hammer?

No, we’re for all intents and purposes tied.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

Also this is disingenuous. DB hasn’t voted yet and do you really think he’s gonna self hammer?

No, we’re for all intents and purposes tied.

man your tone here just feels off

you could have said: "well close enough whatever"

but you instead made it so you were technically correct, which just feels... insincere

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DB, Maigius, and steak haven't voted

you three need to vote

steak, you've been too quiet this game, ESPECIALLY when you're more known to go big on D1 and drop off after

DB, you're very likely to be lunched here, don't you think you should vote? or claim?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

45 minutes to deadline, any of you:
Mr. Humalong,
Yami Fenrir,
Epsilon Plus,
Q_res,
Tommunist,

here?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

man your tone here just feels off

you could have said: "well close enough whatever"

but you instead made it so you were technically correct, which just feels... insincere

Technically correct is the best kind of correct.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Alternatively, and this is a different question, are any of you:

Amnistar,
Retro Futurist,
Hal Incandenza,
Sub Rosa,

here?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

These recent SNG posts feel a little townier to me, wolfie I'm surprised you are hammering him this hard about some of what he's saying

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Alternatively, and this is a different question, are any of you:

Amnistar,
Retro Futurist,
Hal Incandenza,
Sub Rosa,

here?

Nope.

I mean I'm out at dinner but I am sorta here obviously

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah, I'm still here.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I'm here and so far I'm not seeing anything to make me come off of my DB vote/SNG town read.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm here ish

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

These recent SNG posts feel a little townier to me, wolfie I'm surprised you are hammering him this hard about some of what he's saying

It's also twigging me a little bit that SNG's entirely correct reading of the vote situation is being cast in a suspicious light. His reading is 100% correct and I think it's pretty sus DB didn't drop a vote on him to tie at 6 and make a NL less likely.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am going back and forth on it almost per post of his

several times I have wanted to say: "SNG is probably scum but if not he deserves to survive today" followed by an unvote but, argh

I'm more worried about getting consensus at this point because I'm not no lunching D1, and I would switch to DB with glee

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Because, let's face it, there is no viable vote for DB at this point besides SNG. So it makes absolutely no sense to avoid dropping that vote this close to deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Q_res posted:

It's also twigging me a little bit that SNG's entirely correct reading of the vote situation is being cast in a suspicious light. His reading is 100% correct and I think it's pretty sus DB didn't drop a vote on him to tie at 6 and make a NL less likely.

yes, I agree with this, but the fact that DB didn't do that is just as weird as it is anything else, town or scum would have a vested interest in doing that