Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Bregor posted:

Kempny for Beagle who says no?

I say no. Beagle makes three million dollars against the cap on a team that is up against the cap and needs to upgrade their defense. They don't need a 4th center, Dowd is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/darrendreger/status/1313472031388823560?s=21
Tyler Johnson for a mid- to late-round pick and Killorn for a 2nd and the cap crunch would be pretty much resolved.

Big Piece O Shit fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 6, 2020

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Koopa Kid posted:

Here’s my thing: if a team consistently gets bad results, it stands to reason that it’s because there are lots of bad players on the team. I can’t imagine watching this Leafs club going “yeah this group as a whole is good.” If depth guys get annihilated every time they play up in the roster they’re bad depth guys.

I think it's both true that there are roster composition issues, player quality issues with their top 4 D, but also that with Andersen in net this year (and he wasn't particularly good this year) the Leafs' output was in line with a top-level contenders. You do have to be worried about the Leafs overreacting to getting garboed by a hot goalie three times in five games.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Let the Teej sweepstakes begin.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It's really weird to see the Cup-winning Lightning so eager to ditch the tenth best player in the league.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
It's me, fondly remembering the HF Lightning fans who thought they should ditch Stamkos and run the entire team through Tyler Johnson, the next Martin St Louis but better.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

I think it's both true that there are roster composition issues, player quality issues with their top 4 D, but also that with Andersen in net this year (and he wasn't particularly good this year) the Leafs' output was in line with a top-level contenders. You do have to be worried about the Leafs overreacting to getting garboed by a hot goalie three times in five games.

Andersen's regular-season results were bad and definitely skew perception, and I think it's possible to put too much emphasis on their playoff performance for sure. I'm mostly of the opinion that the Leafs are in cap hell because they pushed their chips in too soon on win-now nonsense and the entire front office should just chill out, draft, and try to address the fact that nobody internally seems to be able to identify players who can defend at the NHL level. I'm aware that's an unpopular opinion in the fanbase and team at large though.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Trades are goods in themselves. Only one team can win the Cup, but every team can participate in sick rear end trades.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Trades are good publicity for the league and get fans more interested in the sport as a whole... so we can't have that... only cap dumps and 7th rounders being exchanged are on the menu for today.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1313504629523611648

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Oh poo poo... the Wayne Simmonds free agency frenzy... forget everything I just said.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Wayne Simmonds bidding war is gonna be like

$700,005

$700,010

$700,020...

And so on

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/1313507653075828736

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
lol I forgot Buffalo traded for Simmonds at the deadline.

:toot::toot::toot::toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

A SECOND FA SWEEPSTAKES HAS STRUCK THE OFFSEASON

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Haha that only helps the pocket book of ownership. The cap hit is higher this year than just burying Alzner again.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Haha that only helps the pocket book of ownership. The cap hit is higher this year than just burying Alzner again.

It presumably also does something for the player, who is now free to pursue a contract with an NHL club or the Detroit Red Wings.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

It will be good next year when basically all their forwards' contracts expire.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/1313509459096985609

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Welcome to Edmonton Justin.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

Trades are good publicity for the league and get fans more interested in the sport as a whole... so we can't have that... only cap dumps and 7th rounders being exchanged are on the menu for today.

You mean your weren't thrilled by the hourly updates from all the insiders on the status of the Dubnyk trade?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

[fists, desk, etc]

BUY! OUTS! BUY! OUTS! BUY! OUTS!

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
I'd agree that the Leafs could use a little toughness, but the specter of MLSE meddling with the roster to bring in tough, aging, playoff warrior veterans is chilling.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I can't believe the wings are buying him out. Hasn't he led the league alphabetically since like his rookie year?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Leafs. Leafs! LEAFS!

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
THERE IS A GOD

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Asinhowe about to roll in here and be outraged that his sources told him Abdelkader wasn't leaving

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DJExile posted:

Asinhowe about to roll in here and be outraged that his sources told him Abdelkader wasn't leaving

With those public gathering limitations they probably haven't been able to meet.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Mind_Taker posted:

I say no. Beagle makes three million dollars against the cap on a team that is up against the cap and needs to upgrade their defense. They don't need a 4th center, Dowd is fine.

Killjoy

DRAFT NIGHT BABY OOOOH YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH

Time to get angry about giving away a 3rd for the rotted husk of Ilya Kovalchuk.

e: REUNITE THE CARLZNER!

Bregor fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 6, 2020

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

i am the bird posted:

THERE IS A GOD

i have been summoned

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1313512730117189632

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Sad news: reliable sources tell me that Justin Abdelkader has passed his prime.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Not that it takes away from the joy of knowing he's absolutely not going to be on the roster, but the Abdelkader buyout is very odd timing. What do they need that cap space for now?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
This thread has been placed on unconditional waivers for the purposes of a buyout.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Qualifying offer deadline is tomorrow I think.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

"Trade me right now, I refuse to play another game in Arizona unless this drags out three more days and then I guess that's fine."

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
e: ^whoa^

trade me to one of these two cap hosed teams by the end of the week or gently caress off

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Wonderllama posted:

Leafs. Leafs! LEAFS!

https://twitter.com/DamoSpin/status/1313513213208801282?s=20

yeah this is the good stuff

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Does Tyler Johnson play still play a lot at C or is he used more on the wing these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Better late than never