Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

stev posted:

Turn it on, it's loud.

Hmm, doesn't seem too bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Play some Horizon Frozen Wilds

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

With my old PS4 it probably was just age/not cleaning it enough but I got a pro not that long ago and it sounds like it's going to explode with certain games (like Dreams which I was trying the demo of last night)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
If your PS4 is loud it might be full of cockroaches.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The original PS4 Pro is just extremely loud for no reason. I ripped it open after playing God of War thinking there must be a lot of dust inside but there was almost nothing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rinkles posted:

Play some Horizon Frozen Wilds

I won't, because I don't own Horizon since I borrowed a friend's copy to play it, but I'd like to

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sony posted a PS5 teardown video. It has dust collecting vents in it, and the correct type of ram.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

What's everyone got on their rest-of-the-year list?

I want to play through:

13 Sentinels
Astral Chain
Bloodborne
Sekiro
Night in the Woods (replay, it's the right time of year for it)

and I think that'll put me just over 20 games finished this year.

hmm lets see

-crash 4 (106%) (lol)
-dark pictures little hope (played through man of medan with a friend and though it certainly wasnt as good as until dawn, we did love getting to co-op through the goofy story)
-disco elysium (finish 1st playthrough)
-fall guys season 2 (50 wins :getin:)
-hades (everyone keeps raving about it and it looks tons of fun)
-mario 35 (25 wins)
-mario 3d all stars
-night in the woods (recently added to gamepass, been meaning to play it for years)
-wow shadowlands (make a pretty character with the new creator options)

so far this year i have completed:
-lego jurassic world
-medievil remake
-star wars jedi fallen order
-jak and daxter precursor legacy
-murdered:soul suspect
-ratchet and clank ps4
-a short hike
-platinum trophy on fall guys + 150 wins

wont be getting a ps5 until sometime late next year probably, so i am good for quite a while!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey folks i'm looking for a good "nerd" game to play, prefeblyy on PC.

What I mean is a game like Civ or Solaris, something like that if it makes sense. Games i've liked in the past that are similar:

Stellaris
Civ 4-6
Warlock
i love roller coaster tycoon games

i'd be down for one of those CRPGS also if theres a good one. I liked Pillars of Eternity 1. maybe that new baulders gate 3 game?

thanks all.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Guess what everyone! Watch_Dogs Legion will not just feature Aiden Pierce after all! Coming in from 2 you get...Wrench!

Yup, the token white guy of the team. What, you thought they were going to have Marcus show up? Hahahahahahaha

There’s also a female Assassin so everyone can shut up about AssCreed in modern day.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 7, 2020

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

I said come in! posted:

Sony posted a PS5 teardown video. It has dust collecting vents in it, and the correct type of ram.

Goddamn that is a big boy heat sink.

https://i.imgur.com/bw0aIXc.mp4

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 7, 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Empress Brosephine posted:

Hey folks i'm looking for a good "nerd" game to play, prefeblyy on PC.

What I mean is a game like Civ or Solaris, something like that if it makes sense. Games i've liked in the past that are similar:

Stellaris
Civ 4-6
Warlock
i love roller coaster tycoon games

i'd be down for one of those CRPGS also if theres a good one. I liked Pillars of Eternity 1. maybe that new baulders gate 3 game?

thanks all.

Crusader Kings 3 maybe be of interest if you liked Stellaris? What about Pillars of Eternity 2?

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

AceOfFlames posted:

Guess what everyone! Watch_Dogs Legion will not just feature Aiden Pierce after all! Coming in from 2 you get...Wrench!

Yup, the token white guy of the team. What, you thought they were going to have Marcus show up? Hahahahahahaha
Thought the exact same thing when I saw that trailer.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
My experience with Baldur's Gate 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqPT9hyPANs&t=571s

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Weedle posted:

it's coming to gamepass tomorrow

Barudak posted:

Comes out on Game Pass tomorrow. I played the opening and part of a late mission when it came out originally but never finished it but now, like, eh lets do it it can't be worse than Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy which I just tried to play.

Ah, the missing detail that lets it all make sense.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

That bad, huh?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish all developers were forced to watch this part of that video and if they don't realize that it's a warning against Early Access, then they lose all of their funding.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Brutal Legend killed, I believe 2 of the like 6 360s I went through. I don't think I ever finished it.

edit: in related news people are apparently saying now that the Xbox New Thing gets really loving hot so oh boy

Everyone quoted was like "this is taken out of context, its as hot as PS4 Pro" and the only account tweeting their system overheated turned out to be hacked and the owner on record saying its not overheating so I think it might be we have no loving clue

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

What's everyone got on their rest-of-the-year list?

Astral Chain
Deserts of Kharak
Jedi Fallen Order
13 Sentinels
Yakuza 0

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Hell yeah

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

it's shameful to have not played the entire Yakuza series by now imho

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help Im Alive posted:

I never have and never will

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i have played 0 yakuza games

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

PantsBandit posted:

That bad, huh?

Maybe a bit of exaggeration, but I was going in expecting Act 1 to be mostly complete, but there are still tons of issues with for example cutscene animations and stuff that makes it seem rushed, even for an Early Access release

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Yakuza 0 was okay, but the combat got too bad for the story to carry so I put it down and never picked it back up. Haven't tried any of the others, since 0 was supposed to be the best.

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

Infinitum posted:

I'll make an effort post tomorrow, but you should check out this Kickstarter and you should back this Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cartographersheroes/cartographers-heroes-3-map-pack-expansions

tl;dr the original game has basically become both mine and my various gaming groups favourite board games to bring to the table.
The sequel above adds a bunch of really cool poo poo to improve an already amazing game.

Straight up an Infinitum Good Board Game Guarantee that you will not regret backing this.

I've never kickstarted anything in my life but I just threw down at the $50 level for this. Cartographers rules.

For the rest of the year I'm playing:

Resident Evil 2
MGS5
Yakuza 0
The new Yakuza when that comes out
Persona 5 (I started this is January 2019 and i'm still only 55 hours in)

And I'm always going to be playing Caves of Qud.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's shameful to start porting the series to PC and stop at YK2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

:smith:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

YKII: A Postmodern RTS

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my rest of year list is pretty big but it's because my mood changes a lot. i don't actually expect to play all these

chill games:
atelier meruru (playing now)
genshin impact (taking a break)
a monster's expedition
village monsters
verdant skies
golf peaks
pendula swing
the touryst

metroidvania:
shadow complex
visual out
vision: soft reset
treasure adventure island
ori 2
recore

story:
shapeshifting detective
the occupation
tell me why

action/non-vanias:
overload
blood fresh supply
tesla vs lovecraft
eagle island
full metal furies
DQ heroes 2
yooka laylee and the impossible lair
streets of rage 4
remnant
eatgirl
destructivator 2
silver grapple

VR:
a fisherman's tale
farpoint
apex construct
blood & truth
deracine
curious tale of stolen pets

retro:
armored warriors
captain commando
battle circuit
D&D chronicles of mystara
psi-ops AND second sight
shadow hearts covenant (maybe this month because spooky times?)
grandia III
maximo 1 & 2
eternal ring
x-men legends II
shining force EXA
valkyrie profile 2
turok 1 & 2
banjo kazooie & tooie
dungeon siege 3 jayne kassander
metal slug 3-5
castlevania rondo of blood
air zonk
cho aniki
ginga fukei densetsu sapphire
lords of thunder
star parodier
super star soldier
KOTOR2

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If the combat in Yakuza games werent so dire itd be my favorite series of all time.

I preordered Yakuza 7 because "mediocre dragon quest" is a significant enough improvement Im confident Ill love it.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

cheetah7071 posted:

I mean I don't think any version of D&D (besides perhaps 4e) would make a particularly good videogame, which is why I'm glad most modern CRPGs just make up their own systems designed to be videogames from the ground up

Like, the narrative part doesn't really matter but there's gonna be a ton of combat in the game and D&D combat isn't great

4E would have made a lovely tactics game (straight up FFT grid based style). The fact that it never got a game probably hurt its popularity a lot compared to what it could have been because it would have helped a lot for getting people interested in the edition.

Atari (I think it was Atari) were either idiots, monsters, or both for just sitting on the rights and doing nothing for the entire run of 4E.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Relax Or DIE posted:

Instead of playing 0 yakuza games you should play the yakuza 0 game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is the turn-based rpg Yakuza game out yet?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Minecraft movie has had its March 2022 release date removed and is now delayed indefinitely

Also, they're making a Minecraft movie

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lol you might as well make a Lego movie

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chev posted:

It's a pretty good game as long as you know and expect that it's actually a stealth spiritual sequel to Sacrifice rather than just the somewhat open world action action game it initially appears to be.

It's fun but it suffers heavily from the standard early '00s and Schafer game design problems. Mainly they completely mismanaged time and money and ended up cutting the majority of the back half of the game to get the game out before they ran out of money.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Is the turn-based rpg Yakuza game out yet?

november 10

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Hopefully new Dwarf Fortress doesn't drop in 2020 because I know, for a fact, that it will derail all of my plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Apparently I'm the only one who likes Yakuza combat