Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Tim Whatley posted:

Laughing my rear end off that the president just shouts GOOD LUCK at the end

That’s been his administration’s response since the beginning of the pandemic. Why change messaging now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

adoration for none posted:

She was hammering Biden during the dem debates. I think her loss was more due to lack of name recognition, and her campaign struggled to get money.

Her one good line in the debate: "that little girl was me, I was bussed", backfired on her the second someone thought to ask what her position on federally mandated busing was, and she admitted it was the same as Biden's, and her debate bump that had lifted her to first place in the polls collapsed back in on itself immediately.

It only didn't crush her at the debate itself because Biden was too shocked/slow to think to nail her himself. I guess we can hope Pence is equally bad at debate...

E: Also it's now a huge albatross around her neck because anytime someone brings it up she laughs it off with the excuse that nothing she says in a debate is sincere anyway.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 8, 2020

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1313972098814152704?s=21

Pence is (in theory) heading this administration’s response against the pandemic, the same response that is overwhelmingly panned by Americans, so hopefully that’s something she can bring up.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1313971890730356736?s=20

quote:

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos pledged Wednesday to use the “bully pulpit” to pressure states to reopen schools for in-person learning amid the pandemic. DeVos said on a Zoom event that she and President Donald Trump have been “very consistent” about the need to reopen schools for in-person learning “in every possible situation.”

DeVos used the pandemic as reason to promote school choice, including charter schools, “micro schools” and learning pods, saying now more than ever parents should have a say in their child’s education due to campus closures and distance learning struggles.

But teachers unions and civil rights advocates across the country have warned of the impact that an increase in charter school or private school enrollment could have on the traditional K-12 system, worried it will exacerbate already wide achievement gaps for low income students and student of color

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
Harris was good enough in the debates. She came off as meh because she fired off her big gun in the first debate and, surprise surprise, that made everything else she did look lackluster in comparison. More important here is that Harris's people know Pence's 2016 playbook and Harris has (hopefully!) been trained on how to handle it. If Pence takes a different strategy, well she's agile enough to adjust.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

seriously, what is the reason for him being unable to open his right eye fully?

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
It's more of a concertina motion, but people are more familiar with accordion and its a better pun. It reminds me of Baghdad Bob or Kevin Bacon in Animal House "All is Well!"

That perma-wince doesn't look good but the messaging is more on track...but all the Regeneron in the world doesn't help the 200,000 DEAD AMERICANS

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Greatest doctors and greatest nurses, unless they tell you to wear a mask they they’re antifa marxist anarchist fascist deep state cuck sheeple trying to enforce tyranny.

e: how can a person say so many words without saying anything

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Starting to feel like we actually aren't going to see him outside of White House videos for a while.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Why is his face so dark?

This generations George Hamilton

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

eke out posted:

seriously, what is the reason for him being unable to open his right eye fully?

He’s a weird homunculus born out of Big Macs, right-wing rage, and Sudafed. I think it’s kinda like trying to examine that leg thing he’s got going on. Good luck on figuring it out!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/soloyochapin/status/1313809048140156928

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I have a soft spot for this meme just because the scene, as is, is so perfectly edited for comedic effect. It’s astounding just how well it works for the intended use (Ganz is incredible) but also for stupid YouTube poop at the same time.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

adoration for none posted:

She was hammering Biden during the dem debates. I think her loss was more due to lack of name recognition, and her campaign struggled to get money.

the internals on her tell a different story: the short form is she never figured out what her angle ought to be and as a result totally failed to stake out any territory. also she had her sister in a high position in the campaign so dumb family drama contributed to total dysfunction among the advisers. kamala harris is someone who doesn't actually believe anything, and was paralyzed by the fear of offending anyone by taking a position as a result.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Fart Amplifier posted:

He's obviously sick, and is trying very hard to make it appear that he's totally fine, but there's no reason to suggest that he's on death's door. There's still time for his health to deteriorate, but, some of conspiracy theories in this thread are moronic (especially when the most important thing is that he's still contagious and infecting people on purpose).

Talk about Trump moving the goalposts for an end to COVID, but people are moving the goalposts about Trump's health every time he shows his face to prove he's "all better". Yes we know he's worse than he claims, but he's probably going to continue living and keeping up appearances out of spite. He knows everyone wants him to suffer, and there's probably enough drugs, tweet ghost-writers, and video editing tricks to make pretend until the election. The sick thing is, no one sees these videos and really believes he's healthy. But he obviously believes wholeheartedly that people watching think he's healthy and strong. drat sure no one at the White House is telling him otherwise.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the internals on her tell a different story: the short form is she never figured out what her angle ought to be and as a result totally failed to stake out any territory. also she had her sister in a high position in the campaign so dumb family drama contributed to total dysfunction among the advisers. kamala harris is someone who doesn't actually believe anything, and was paralyzed by the fear of offending anyone by taking a position as a result.

Gentlemen, we've found her - the perfect neoliberal!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://youtu.be/l8ftielwBC8

This guy is a Democrat.

quote:

Rose attended high school at Poly Prep Country Day School in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn, where he captained the wrestling team, and graduated in 2004.[5][12][13] He subsequently received a bachelor's degree in history from Wesleyan University, graduating in 2008.[14] Rose became involved in politics while a student at Wesleyan University; he worked as an intern for U.S. Senator Cory Booker while Booker was mayor of Newark, New Jersey.[15] He later earned a master's degree in philosophy and public policy from the London School of Economics[3][6] and attended the University of Oxford.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Popete posted:

Just say "too bad" and hold the debate, if he decides not to show up than you say "my opponent decided not to come tonight because he was to afraid of a plastic screen". That's all there is to it.

I wish the Dems were this strong.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Any Arizona goons get their ballot in the mail yet? Today is the start of early voting and I just checked my mail and... Nothing.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

I always have to shake my head when someone puts the effort into doing something like this (and it's pretty well done!), and then they can't be bothered to simply proofread the loving thing. Like...what the gently caress? It's like 1% more effort. If you're dyslexic, then get someone else to do the goddamn text, or have your buddy double-check it.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Charliegrs posted:

There should be hell to pay for Facebook anyway. gently caress em.

gotta punish the employees.

they know what they're doing and they choose to do it anyway.

gently caress every single one of them.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Ok? What are we supposed to say about this.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

haha wooooow what a loving shithead. edit: for clarity, not wow that he's a democrat, but the surprising new possibilities of shittiness he managed to unearth.

beejay posted:

Ok? What are we supposed to say about this.

lol

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I don't think Harris is going to do well tonight, but hopefully I am wrong. Her political future is on the line tonight. If she destroys Pence, that alone will wrap up the 2024 nomination.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Got my absentee ballot today (Nevada). Do I roll the dice and mail it back or should I physically go to the registrars office?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TyrantWD posted:

I don't think Harris is going to do well tonight, but hopefully I am wrong. Her political future is on the line tonight. If she destroys Pence, that alone will wrap up the 2024 nomination.

I suspect Harris will be just fine, Pence may not be a master interrupter like Trump, but he's also a huge piece of trash with lovely arguments like Trump.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Aineris posted:

For God Sake people, obviously the Trump administration is mostly terrible, but occasionally they do objectively good things that the Democrats would never touch.

The latest example is H-1B Visa reform, which literally just happened yesterday: https://www.axios.com/trump-new-h-1b-visa-restrictions-0b6f023f-aafc-4595-883d-de7865d84b1e.html

Anyone in the tech sector would be able to tell you how bullshit contracting firms have been abusing the H-1B process to flood the market with low-wage foreign workers. It's been a giant problem for at least the last decade.

You people really suck sometimes. For a "debate" forum, you guys do a really lovely job of being open-minded.

Fearing foreigners from living the life of a first world country, lmao, taking yer jerbs. If these foreigners want to accept lower pay for a potential at better life its the free market capitalism dude, the person you want to hate on is Trump and the GOP who are all about lower wage workers. Do you hate America and Capitalism? Like what are you even believing in?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Why is his face so dark?
At this point he's one step away from blackface.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Pence is just going to say "That never happened" whenever anything gets brought up about this administration's infinite number of failures. Looking at how much more more people just want to be fuckin' done with Trump I'm curious to see if the moderation is a bit stricter on calling out Pence when h-LMAO who the gently caress am I kidding.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If Harris just made whinnying noises at Pence while it was his turn to speak:

A) Would it be funny?
B) Could it somehow lower the level of discourse?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Faustian Bargain posted:

Got my absentee ballot today (Nevada). Do I roll the dice and mail it back or should I physically go to the registrars office?

If you can drop it off in person, drop it off in person.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/LMartinezABC/status/1313982858067877889

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Neo Rasa posted:

Pence is just going to say "That never happened" whenever anything gets brought up about this administration's infinite number of failures. Looking at how much more more people just want to be fuckin' done with Trump I'm curious to see if the moderation is a bit stricter on calling out Pence when h-LMAO who the gently caress am I kidding.

No amount of debate prep could prepare anybody for Trump's insanity, but surely Kamala's team has some home runs cued up especially since it seems that pence is a one trick pony (ha ha).

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

TyrantWD posted:

If she can channel the energy she brings to questioning people in hearings, that would go a long way for her. Whatever else someone might think of her, the way she can give someone just enough rope to tie themselves up in, and then start piling on a steady stream of well-researched questions while the witness gets flustered and gives terrible answers, is fun to watch. Especially next to the Republicans who look like they're barely competent enough to eat paste and get a crayon stuck up their nose, by comparison.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

e.pilot posted:

Greatest doctors and greatest nurses, unless they tell you to wear a mask they they’re antifa marxist anarchist fascist deep state cuck sheeple trying to enforce tyranny.

e: how can a person say so many words without saying anything

I dunno, man, they're sure telling you a lot about themselves.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I think it will be an extremely boring debate.

7of7
Jul 1, 2008

Putin probably never imagined his Manchurian candidate would actually be able to threaten the lives of the joint chiefs of staff.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Yeah, no one cares what you have to say Betsy. No one wants to sends their kids to get sick when you’re providing nothing to help schools open safely. gently caress these ghouls.

Neo Rasa posted:

How do you engage this because Kain did poorly trying to get Pence to admit he’s lying or contradict himself. Pence just spoke calmly and made bald face lies that were the opposite of what was going on and the moderator said nothing I recall. In my mind it’s up to the moderator to tell pence he’s lying and provide the facts, not Harris.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Fun thought - one of the issues people who recover from Covid commonly have is hair loss. Like, big chunks come out.

So even if Trump does make it, he's likely got that to look forward to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

TyrantWD posted:

For Harris, this debate is the equivalent of successfully walking down a long flight of stairs. If you inexplicably trip and break your neck, then you die. Otherwise, making it to the bottom unharmed has no impact at all on your future.

In other words, she could do somewhat badly and it won't even matter at all. She'd need to do something catastrophically stupid for it to hurt her future.