Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So have there been many "who won the VP debate" snap polls? Or have the big networks and pollsters not bothered too much because it's the VP debate and no one cares?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"I'm barely taking medicine and not getting tested," says man who was on death's door with a contagious disease like yesterday.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FlamingLiberal posted:

He’s also not remotely out of the woods yet

Right.

One of the things that I think got glossed over in the stuff his doctors said yesterday is that if he only has so few antibodies that there was a question about whether or not they were residual from the Regeneron treatment that is a pretty strong indication that he actually did just get infected last week. If he was further along like some people thought his blood should have been chock full of them to the point that there wouldn't have been any doubt and if that were the case his doctor would be blaring those results loudly.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/1314185824230047744

i am almost not drinking anything, i say as i raise a mug of vodka to my lips

Yes, this admin’s gaslighting and propaganda has tricked people into thinking Trump is fully healed and recovered from covid. He may not die but a few recorded videos and a phone interview with state television doesn’t confirm he’s beaten anything.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Songbearer posted:

Jesus wept why is Ken Bone still a thing and who the gently caress gives half a flying poo poo about his opinions

Nobody can find Joe The Plumber.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

evilweasel posted:

I think rubbing alcohol would be a more accurate point of comparison for the steroids Trump is taking. :v:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

SpitztheGreat posted:

It was always unlikely that he would die. But it won't be possible to really judge his health until he does a live press conference.

It's also a potential talking point for Biden. "This shows just how different the US is for the rich and the everyman. The President was taken care of as soon as he had the virus which allowed him to recover quickly. This proves the US has the ability to offer top of the line health care, but only if you are rich"

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Really unhinged poo poo. Well glad the debates are over, Biden should definitely show up because he did great at the last town hall and his Gettysburg address was perfect. If Biden goes through with the town hall everyone will carry it nationally and no one but OANN will carry the super spreader rally.

The reason Trump is skipping is because he won’t test negative and he sucks at town hall debates. He’s also extremely low energy now and won’t be able to hit Biden on burisma and spying on his campaign. He’ll just come off deranged and sickly.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Medullah posted:

It's also a potential talking point for Biden. "This shows just how different the US is for the rich and the everyman. The President was taken care of as soon as he had the virus which allowed him to recover quickly. This proves the US has the ability to offer top of the line health care, but only if you are rich"

"....well, important... only if you're important. Because we now certainly know Donald isn't rich."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Glumwheels posted:

The reason Trump is skipping is because he won’t test negative and he sucks at town hall debates. He’s also extremely low energy now and won’t be able to hit Biden on burisma and spying on his campaign. He’ll just come off deranged and sickly.

Well now he's skipping because he won't be able to keep talking against the moderator's wishes

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

evilweasel posted:

Just curious, what happens when he doesn't need this steroid anymore? I know after my surgery they gave me this painkiller that made me agitated for a week after I was off of it.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Is anyone else remined of the scene from Terminator 1 where Ahnold is cutting out his busted up eye and has flies crawling on his face?

Can someone photo shop/deep fake pence into this scene?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

syntaxrigger posted:

Just curious, what happens when he doesn't need this steroid anymore? I know after my surgery they gave me this painkiller that made me agitated for a week after I was off of it.

steroid withdrawal suuuuuuucks op, especially with how much he’s probably on

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Secret Machine posted:

Yes, this admin’s gaslighting and propaganda has tricked people into thinking Trump is fully healed and recovered from covid. He may not die but a few recorded videos and a phone interview with state television doesn’t confirm he’s beaten anything.

Plus, in the phone interview, he got craggly-sounding when ranting about Chris Wallace. They can't hide all his symptoms all the time.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Remember these guys?

https://twitter.com/jonathanoosting/status/1314174147233185793?s=20

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Rigel posted:

This is an extremely silly fear to have.

It seems to me there is a small subset of people who just HAVE to feel doom and dread, and if the polls are not giving them any reason for fear, then they have to start thinking crazy things to meet this need.

Suggest you go back and read the UK thread from the days prior to the Dec 2019 election to when the first polling results started coming in to get a feel for how quickly all hope can be snuffed out

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

PainterofCrap posted:

Give it a week

My parents used to let me open one present on Christmas eve, as a treat

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Zwabu posted:

So have there been many "who won the VP debate" snap polls? Or have the big networks and pollsters not bothered too much because it's the VP debate and no one cares?

Yes

https://twitter.com/IanSams/status/1314048244238946307

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1314057498140315648

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

ROFLBOT posted:

Suggest you go back and read the UK thread from the days prior to the Dec 2019 election to when the first polling results started coming in to get a feel for how quickly all hope can be snuffed out

The polling from the 2019 UK general election isn't anything close to what the polling is looking like for the 2020 US general election. Even besides that, US goons are far less confident about this election than UK goons were about that election.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Songbearer posted:

Jesus wept why is Ken Bone still a thing and who the gently caress gives half a flying poo poo about his opinions

Same. I'm legit stunned people see someone who is in the intersection of 1) having a blue checkmark next to their Twitter name and 2) is Ken Bone and thinking "yes, we should see what this person thinks about anything."

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Zwabu posted:

Kamala 59-38

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/07/politics/mike-pence-kamala-harris-vice-presidential-debate-poll/index.html

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yeah the past 4 years has given me every reason to cancel hope and wait for the reality. Good polls are decent salve in the meantine.

Also, hey how about my anti-democracy senator, huh? That's cool.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Misread this at first and just assumed Berkman was riding on wohls back while wohl beat down helpless prisoners.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

steroid withdrawal suuuuuuucks op, especially with how much he’s probably on

Steroid withdrawal will actually just kill you, it's why you have to do a taper instead of stopping completely. My wife has had to do it several times (chronic illness) and even the taper is loving brutal.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1314198633961709568

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I don't know a lot about TV deals, but surely they *have* to hold the debate at this point, right? The timeslot is chosen, money has changed hands, ads have been sold.

I feel like you can't just call off a televised event of this magnitude, but you also can't call it a debate if only one person shows up.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Shifty Pony posted:

Right.

One of the things that I think got glossed over in the stuff his doctors said yesterday is that if he only has so few antibodies that there was a question about whether or not they were residual from the Regeneron treatment that is a pretty strong indication that he actually did just get infected last week. If he was further along like some people thought his blood should have been chock full of them to the point that there wouldn't have been any doubt and if that were the case his doctor would be blaring those results loudly.

Ok, so if he was infected at the ACB nomination event as seems likely, then his timeline is

Saturday 9/26: infected
Wednesday 9/30: begins to show symptoms at rally, as does Hope Hicks
Thursday 10/1: mild symptoms
Friday 10/2: admitted walter reed
Monday 11/3 : discharged walter reed

Here's the chart:

https://twitter.com/DKIHealth/status/1312152570383622145?s=20

So that would mean that he's probably going to be "recovered", apart from whatever lasting damage he suffered, between a week and two weeks after his hospitalization, that is, either next saturday or the following.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

smoobles posted:

I don't know a lot about TV deals, but surely they *have* to hold the debate at this point, right? The timeslot is chosen, money has changed hands, ads have been sold.

I feel like you can't just call off a televised event of this magnitude, but you also can't call it a debate if only one person shows up.

That's why people a have been saying it's just going to be free air time for Biden to say whatever

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Those gender breakdowns sure are something. Men really do not like "Mr. Vice President, I'm speaking."

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

ROFLBOT posted:

They had no reason to be optimistic

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

smoobles posted:

Pence made a stink about the plexiglass walls, and he eventually caved and went to the VP debate

Trump will probably do the same

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Handsome Ralph posted:

How is it pathetic to hold it virtually? It's a debate, not a fencing competition.

We're just barely starting to allow tournaments again, where allowed based on state guidelines. Of course most states forbid coming with 6 ft during physical activity, so, despite the memes, fencing isn't really happening at the moment. Much like the next debate.

Also, "bout" is the word you're looking for.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

SgtSteel91 posted:

Pence made a stink about the plexiglass walls, and he eventually caved and went to the VP debate

Trump will probably do the same

Pence is a lot smarter than Trump and isn't scrolling a twitter feed telling him how epic it is to bail out of the debate

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Violator posted:

Someone on CNN last night said the final JFK/Nixon debate was held via cameras with JFK in like NYC, Nixon in Washington, and the moderator in Chicago. If they could do it 60 years ago they could do it today.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

Right.

Regeneron said specifically that based on the timing these are most likely the antibodies from their cocktail not antibodies Trump's body created.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ok, so if he was infected at the ACB nomination event as seems likely, then his timeline is

Here's the chart:

So that would mean that he's probably going to be "recovered", apart from whatever lasting damage he suffered, between a week and two weeks after his hospitalization, that is, either next saturday or the following.

"Recovered" was always the most likely route but Trump has had such an atypical course that it's hard to know where he is right now. For instance, requiring supplemental oxygen and hospitalization in the first few days of infection is highly abnormal. He's made at least one left turn on that chart already. It's possibly that he doesn't make another one but I'm not sure we can know yet. If he weren't the president, the fact that he needed hospitalization do early would indicate that he'd likely be going left again.

The timeline for recovered is also confusing for Trump. Public Health guidance says that a person with moderate to severe symptoms, like requiring supplemental oxygen, is supposed to isolate for 20 days after symptoms. So that would put him at the 22nd at the earliest.

Goosed it. fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 8, 2020

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Trump will do the last debate. All it's going to take is Biden implying that Trump is a chickenshit and he'll have no choice.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I like how it's simply not news anywhere that Trump has promised to make the $100,000 Regeneron therapy free for all immediately

Regeneron: *shaking head, gritting teeth, making "cut-off-throat" gesture*

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Yeah I absolutely think Trump is trying to "force" them to have it in person. He'll piss and whine, but if the debate is still held and it's apparent Biden will just get a shitload of free air time I think he'll slink back.

He is not a negotiater in any capacity. His one singular move is to throw a tantrum and say he's taking the ball and going home. When inevitably someone else goes "oh, ok, well I have another ball we can at with!" he comes walking back up like he was always gonna do it.

Art of the Deal or something.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Here's the chart:

IIRC the second week of infection, if someone is symptomatic, is where they can "decompensate" and rapidly get worse. Donnie is not out of the woods quite yet, if he makes it through this weekend without suddenly getting way worse then he'll probably be on the road to recovery.

I mean, it was always most likely that he would recover, it just is gonna suck if he manages to gaslight half the country into thinking he miraculously recovered. It's going to cause thousands, tens of thousands more unnecessary deaths when Big Diseased Boy is out there saying "it's not so bad!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

SgtSteel91 posted:

Pence made a stink

Explains what happened last night.