Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Ina's definitely one of the top artists in Hololive, but she's pretty openly focused on art, so that's no surprise. Marine is really good too, and there's probably some other good artists, so who's the absolute best is probably subjective to some extent, but Ina's churning out art pieces for her fellow Holo-ENs pretty fast right now and being able to read her tweets and know what they're talking about really makes it stand out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Wasn't marine's old job working on manga? Wouldn't that count as being professional?

Also I figure that doesn't count as talking about real identities because I could swear I've heard marine talk about that job herself multiple times, and one of the keystones of her streaming is her history of working at really lovely japanese corporate places.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 8, 2020

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Wasn't marine's old job working on manga? Wouldn't that count as being professional?

Also I figure that doesn't count as talking about real identities because I could swear I've heard marine talk about that job herself multiple times, and one of the keystones of her streaming is her history of working at really lovely japanese corporate places.

As I recall (could be wrong), Marine wanted to follow a career in manga, but decided against it and became an office lady for a few years, before she finally turned 17 years old and decided to be a pirate cosplayer instead.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Iofi's a really good artist too

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Marine job lore is deep and mysterious, like when she implicated an ex-employer in crimes live on stream

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Marine did have a series appear in Kirara Max, but only very briefly.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Blockhouse posted:

The Marine job lore is deep and mysterious, like when she implicated an ex-employer in crimes live on stream

this is my fav marine job lore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFaZaZRnjNI&t=458s

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
At least now Marine has a successful(?) career running a male(!?) Host Club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-HAVSoYzVo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Brunom1 posted:

As I recall (could be wrong), Marine wanted to follow a career in manga, but decided against it and became an office lady for a few years, before she finally turned 17 years old and decided to be a pirate cosplayer instead.

Marine's worked in enough jobs to be very familiar with the unemployment system in Japan

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I could have sworn Calli mentioned making the animated opening of her chasing the other EN girls, so she should probably be mentioned among the artists of Hololive too.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

i respect the (houshou) marine(‘s) extensive job history and life experience

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Omg Ina is playing Japanese Mahjong! I was worried it would be that go fish version of mahjong that's common in the west.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Pikamee is cancelled for real for never eating barbecue once when she lived in Texas

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Viridiant posted:

I could have sworn Calli mentioned making the animated opening of her chasing the other EN girls, so she should probably be mentioned among the artists of Hololive too.

she also did the animation for kiara's debut intro and does illustrations too, but she leans toward that really cool toony style ala gashi-gashi. definitely has done some pro work before hololive too

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Viridiant posted:

Yea she is still working freelance as an animator in addition to like 2 regular jobs in Japan and her streaming. She made all her MVs. She is very multi-talented.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Tangents posted:

Pikamee is cancelled for real for never eating barbecue once when she lived in Texas

literally a crime

like i live in the PNW where it is nearly impossible to get legit texas style brisket. like we used to have a dickey's and it was the closest thing which is sad as gently caress.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Honestly the best Texas BBQ is in Ontario anyways.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Brunom1 posted:

I can't remember if it was in Marine's stream or one of Tamaki's interviews but Marine stated that while she's good at drawing she's not particularly fast at it and would not be able to meet the deadlines needed to be serialized. It sounded like she wanted to do the weekly stuff but I wonder if she would do well with the monthly publications instead.

On a side note Fubuki is also pretty good at drawing and her latest birthday merchandise has a tea cup with art drawn by her printed on it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzNTBQxmYfM

Fun contest entry for Calli's thing

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

A part me thinks/hopes all the upcoming minecraft streams with the EN girls means they're going to pop onto the server immediately as soon as the ban is lifted. Also Gura wanting to build Atlantis and it would be a crime for that not to be on the Hololive server.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Lyer posted:

A part me thinks/hopes all the upcoming minecraft streams with the EN girls means they're going to pop onto the server immediately as soon as the ban is lifted. Also Gura wanting to build Atlantis and it would be a crime for that not to be on the Hololive server.
gura spending hours bumbling into every half-built deathtrap or superweapon pekora made in what seems to be an empty lot would be very premium

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Gura is at this very moment practicing her sideshow bob sound in the mirror to train for her first day on the hololive server

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4_gkdcrCe0
Amelia trying her hardest to navigate a verbal minefield.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
out of the eng gen, amelia is the most natural at comedy for me. she's funny as hell

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Black Mage Knight posted:

I like how she gets close to a pretty decent Porky Pig impression in the middle of all this

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I feel like I've seen this clip like 10 times. :D

Marin Karin posted:

out of the eng gen, amelia is the most natural at comedy for me. she's funny as hell

Amelia is definitely the most comedic (intentionally or not!).

Her gremlin gamer personality is particularly great especially when she gets sassy.

"I rezzed the wraith who got the last kill so technically I got the lost kill *happy clapping* Yay!!!"
"Hey look they tried their best, but it wasn't good enough."
"Yeah, true, my back hurts a little bit from this carrying."

My ratings so far:
Amelia: Funniest, is also a sassy little Gremlin.
Gura: Most, radio like? Most like a DJ? Also the most adorbs in her apex predator bit. The way she talks to her chat has the sort of radio DJ levels of chill.
Kiara: Most Idol like.
Calliope: The Realest and down to Earth. The most fun to bully with superchat donation wars.
Ina: The most relaxing to listen to. I don't really have a fix on her personality beyond that she seems to have a very quiet intensity when playing games, like she seems very sold on whats happening and in the moment of things.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Here is a bit I enjoyed from the NijisanjiID Among Us stream (7:30 timestamp)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1l99MQ79rw&t=450s

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
For those in the thread that don't yet know why Artia is the best, see this clip for proof. While it sucks she's on Twitch while everyone else is on YouTube, she is 100% the most "twitch-like".

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

this actually got funnier given the fanart she then proceeded to use for her Osu pause screen lol

Veris
Jul 5, 2007

Artia likes being on twitch, she's talked to other people about migrating or making an offshoot there to get around youtube's copyright problems. It might even be a consideration for Mio

Veris fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 8, 2020

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Calli's about to start sampling random things to get some sounds for music making.

Edit: It's also her last stream (or one of them, I was a little distracted and didn't hear if tonight was on her new computer or not) on her lovely laptop.

Onean fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 8, 2020

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
One of those things being the Hell Instrument:

And a wikiHow article on how to play it.

(Other things being salt, vitamins, incense and more.)

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
I hope she's using Reaper.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was really looking forward to this stream and it does not disappoint. Calli is in her element and at her best.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Calli should sample Amelia's hiccups into a song and call the genre Hic-Hop

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Someone else suggested that (except for the hic-hop bit), and she was interested in it, alongside getting a sample from the other holomyth members too.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Calli's now moved on to wikiHow's recorder article.

Edit: And now she's getting flooded with SCs again. Because step one from wikiHow was buying a recorder.

Onean fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 8, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
*Scrolls down to see next step is called "learn the correct tonguing technique."*

"Oh no."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Sindai posted:

*Scrolls down to see next step is called "learn the correct tonguing technique."*

"Oh no."

She mentioned audio girth and chat giggled like school kids so you know what's going to happen.