Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Save it. My reasoning is thusly:

-The Flux State. We've learned that despite its anarchist basis, the State needs a strong leader or at least someone who's willing to punch absolutely every threat that comes its way in order to survive. What better than an all-powerful and clandestine AI with the brain of our fully-invested F-State threatpuncher in it?
-The Horrors. From all they're hyped up, it's unlikely any single team of shadowrunners, and possibly metahumanity as a whole, could stand against the horrors. An unfettered AI would not only provide something they couldn't immediately eat, but be able to effectively coordinate resistance.

Monika "herself" doesn't even enter into the picture. As an Eclipse Phase player, putting her back in storage and claiming that kills her is bullshit. She's no more alive nor dead than my Pokemon are when I turn the console off.

Still, it would be really good if we could actually tell whether or not APEX was lying. What do you think, Drama?

: Sorry, sire, this is the wrong LP for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Keldulas posted:

It also helps that the NPC decker is oddly good in combat. I never thought that she was any worse in combat than the other characters, which means bringing her along isn't even gimping you in that way.

Yeah like the trade off is okay you basically have to take her along if you're not a decker, but also she has a grenade launcher so why are you complaining

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Fighting Trousers posted:

It killed Monika. We kill it.

(besides, I'm sure Kanfy will eventually show us the other branch anyway)

I presume that Herr Kanfy will show us everything that can and could happen as he has throughout the LP, so I have no preference. If I am wrong, Kanfy, and you are burned out at this point (understandable) and can't be arsed to cover all the bases (also understandable), then the thread is clearly leaning towards killing the AI and that's as good as anything else. I'm in this for the story beats; our "cannon" ending makes no odds to me, but I would like to see everything if you still have enough petrol in the tank.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Crane Fist posted:

Yeah like the trade off is okay you basically have to take her along if you're not a decker, but also she has a grenade launcher so why are you complaining
I do wish that the Rigger NPC had at least some Decking skill, so you’d have options if you don’t want to bring Is0bel on literally every mission.

Honestly, HK has a sort of problem where there are too many good NPC companions and you basically have to leave some on the bench.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 9, 2020

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

I do wish that the Rigger NPC had at least some Decking skill, so you’d have options if you don’t want to bring Is0bel on literally every mission.

Yeah it's weird that he didn't, it definitely felt like an oversight and would have fit his character perfectly. I still took him along on most missions and poor Duncan got benched for 90% of runs

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

I also always chose "we were close", for a lot of reasons, at least one of which is a spoiler.
For reference, I said this years ago, and this conversation with APEX is the other reason. An AI trying to manipulate you with the face of your friend? hosed up. An AI trying to manipulate you with the face of your lover? Hot drat, that is some spicy drama.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Precommiting to not letting the AI out is the only right choice. But we wouldn't be shadowrunners if we made right choices. Save it.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Save it. gently caress the corporations.

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013

Crane Fist posted:

Yeah it's weird that he didn't, it definitely felt like an oversight and would have fit his character perfectly. I still took him along on most missions and poor Duncan got benched for 90% of runs

I always benched the shaman for the same reason.

Kill Apex

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

For reference, I said this years ago, and this conversation with APEX is the other reason. An AI trying to manipulate you with the face of your friend? hosed up. An AI trying to manipulate you with the face of your lover? Hot drat, that is some spicy drama.

I wish the earlier chat with Dietrich affected this conversation more, because yeah, this is the good poo poo.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Save the AI
Look, eventually someone else is gonna make an AI, might as well have another one around that likes us

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's lying. Blow it up.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
This program needs to be de-rezzed.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
Let's see, the last couple of AI that have been released into the general Matrix have cause a lot of death. I am thinking destroy it

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

I'd be a lot more likely to consider dealing with this thing if it wasn't wearing Monica's face.

Kill it

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Livewire42 posted:

I always benched the shaman for the same reason.

Kill Apex

She's fun to have along though! Duncan is a big ol nerd

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Kill it mostly because I personally saved it

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"hey, remember your friend that I murdered? Well I also ate her soul and now I'm wearing her face like Buffalo Bill because I want to exploit your attachment to her so you'll help me. It's totally safe to let me out though! I only want to party!"

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
Never played this game before, just the first. I wish I had played it, but I'm a bit spoiled now. So, if I were playing? I'd destroy it.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Hannibal Rex posted:

Shadowrun's got Dragons, Spirits, Horrors and who knows what else running around in its setting. A good old fashioned hunter-killer AI is almost quaint by comparison, and at the very least, it's descended from humanity, which is more than you can say about most other powerful critters around.

Free it.

Works for me! Free it.

I am kinda curious to see what happens if it's destroyed, if it can be destroyed, since I freed it in my playthrough. But I'm confident Kanfy will show us the alternatives at the end.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kill it

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Crane Fist posted:

"hey, remember your friend that I murdered? Well I also ate her soul and now I'm wearing her face like Buffalo Bill because I want to exploit your attachment to her so you'll help me. It's totally safe to let me out though! I only want to party!"

Hm, sounds trustworthy. I like the cut of its soul-eating, face-stealing jib. save it

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Its a go getter, it has a little thing I like to call: zazz

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Save it.

Even if it decides to go rogue because it is an AI and this is a video game, the only party member it could eat is Blitz.

Eating Blitz would be akin to guzzling a tanker truck worth of arsenic, so the problem would resolve itself in short order.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
saeder-krup made an AI that absorbed the memories and thoughts of its victims and didn't plan for it to eventually go weird because of that? Some A+ corp forward thinking there.

Save it, cuz why not

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"I can't believe an AI would eat MY face" cries scientist who invented face-eating AI

Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012
Kill it. Normally I'd be happy to have another mysterious, powerful entity running around the F-state, but I feel like we should trust our pretty-drat-unanimous team on this one.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Kill it!

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Save

More interesting that way

Gymer
May 30, 2012
Kill it

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Oh what the hell, save it.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Save it

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
You came here to kill the thing, kill it.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Save it because it’s more interesting that way.

E: In the sense that it’s just the knife, not the hand that wields the knife. And if Iain Banks taught us anything it’s that a knife (missile) AI can be a good buddy if it has no reason not to.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dareon posted:

Still, it would be really good if we could actually tell whether or not APEX was lying.

I think there's sufficient evidence of APEX's actions from the start of this game to now to make a pretty solid claim, honestly.

i've done both ways, but I vote kill it this time around.

Psion fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 9, 2020

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Save it. If nothing else, it's funny to me that if it goes rogue in the murderous way in the future, SK is going to have to clean up their mess if they ever want to use the future-internet again.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Kill it, I don't trust this thing for a second

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
It is doing a very good job of telling us what we want to hear:
- your friend, who you're grieving, isn't actually dead
- your mentor who you looked up to is so awesome that she brought sentience to an AI
- the AI who was your greatest enemy wants to become your ally
- it shares your ideals for the Flux State
- because you are a clever cookie you were able to see past its deception! well done! now you've won this conversation you can totally trust the ai even though nothing at all has changed about the situation

I totally didn't spot this on my first time round and went with Save, and I really wanna see how a different approach could turn out -- so kill.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GimmickMan posted:

I wish the earlier chat with Dietrich affected this conversation more, because yeah, this is the good poo poo.
I just started a new run, and funny story. If you say you two were very close and your character is male, Dietrich says he had a hunch. If your character is female, though, he's genuinely surprised by the news. Cool dude, probably my favorite character in Dragonfall, but he apparently has a terrible gaydar. (Or bidar, as the case may be.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Save it! No fancy reasoning, I just think it'd be fun :v: