Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why does he keep deflecting the 25th toward Biden? Is it that implausible to him that Pelosi wants to hit him with the 25th amendment?

I think its pretty clear for the right-wing that its a lot easier to froth up their base with the prospect of a woman of color as president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Kalit posted:

Seriously. I can't believe that a news reporter is trying to claim Trump has no leverage over McConnell. All Trump needs to say is he'll actively campaign against McConnell and any other republican that opposes the deal.

It's too late for that really, Senate Rs were afraid of being primaried, a lot of them aren't scared of the general. Trump can't really actively campaign against them with 3 weeks left.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Detroit area chud booby traps Trump signs, places them too close to the road and the inevitable happens.

Commerce Township worker cut by razor-trimmed Trump sign

quote:

"Several signs were taken from property that had several razor blades taped all the way along the bottom of the sign," they wrote.

The homeowner told deputies "their signs were taken and when they returned from out of town the signs were back in their yard," the release read. "The homeowner denies any knowledge of the blades."

The township worker sought medical treatment for three cut fingers.

"Wasn't me officer, someone else must've razored up my signs." :rolleyes:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

squirrelzipper posted:

It's too late for that really, Senate Rs were afraid of being primaried, a lot of them aren't scared of the general. Trump can't really actively campaign against them with 3 weeks left.

Oh my my yes he can. If he wanted to kill an R's chance to win, he could crush them like an ant. It might take 3 days to do it.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Kalit posted:

Seriously. I can't believe that a news reporter is trying to claim Trump has no leverage over McConnell. All Trump needs to say is he'll actively campaign against McConnell and any other republican that opposes the deal.

At this point that may be a net positive.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The Oldest Man posted:

Awesome thread calling out the "ECONOMICALLY INSECURE WHITES" horseshit being trotted out about the Michigan terror cell.

https://twitter.com/SarahTaber_bww/status/1314578622246719488

Someone looked up the plot: The guy OWNED his land and the prefab house on it.

He's far from impovrished, he was always a racist and bigot.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Simplex posted:

At this point that may be a net positive.

Image dash let them fight dot jpeg

The faster the GOP can cannibalize itself the better. The impossibly abysmal polling Trump has received lately may actually cause that to happen.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Coin flip on whose lungs are worse between those two.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
He's a narcissist. He *cant* believe that people don't like him. Only fake people who don't exist don't like him. All the real people love him.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

squirrelzipper posted:

I don't have any evidence from prior races, but I think it could be a legitimate threat. Trump could whip up in base in a fury against McConnell to write in "Trump". I wouldn't be surprised if that could draw double digits away from McConnell.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Phobic Nest posted:

Detroit area chud booby traps Trump signs, places them too close to the road and the inevitable happens.

Commerce Township worker cut by razor-trimmed Trump sign

"Wasn't me officer, someone else must've razored up my signs." :rolleyes:

chuds were doing this poo poo in 2016 btw.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Honestly the two late model pickups are a red flag by themselves. You can leverage yourself up to your eyeballs for one truck but you aren't going to have two unless you're comfortable and have assets.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

The Economic Anxiety Excuse seems to have devolved into a left-targeted version of "what about the white guys" where it is only applied to violent bigots, usually of means, and not the people suffering actual economic anxiety.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/CGasparino/status/1314613746233421828

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

PhazonLink posted:

chuds were doing this poo poo in 2016 btw.

They've been doing this for a long time, if we just declare chuds to be neo-fash in general. Remember folks, always use tools to remove a sign, for this reason.

The poor worker damned near had his fingers amputated so I hope that the owner loses her head financially. The whole "oh someone stole them and them returned them booby trapped tee hee" thing isn't going to hold water.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I saw a few posts from chuds saying the terrorists aren’t one of theirs because they had anarchy flags. Is this remotely true at all or just idiots spewing bullshit?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why does he keep deflecting the 25th toward Biden? Is it that implausible to him that Pelosi wants to hit him with the 25th amendment?

Uh seems to me like the larger question would be, why on earth does he imagine Pelosi would want to 25th Biden?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Data Graham posted:

Uh seems to me like the larger question would be, why on earth does he imagine Pelosi would want to 25th Biden?

Article of faith in right wing circles that bidenhas dementia.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

He's a narcissist. He *cant* believe that people don't like him. Only fake people who don't exist don't like him. All the real people love him.

its also he legit believe everyone loves him. they just pretend to no like him. its loving weird.

CommieGIR posted:

yeah. most of the milita chuds/terrorists like this rear end in a top hat arnt poor. at worst they are lower middle class. most are middle/uppper-middle class. they are my uncle who work boring semi office jobs for state/local places and dive to deep into facebook and become super chuds.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1314618154685878272

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 9, 2020

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

I saw a few posts from chuds saying the terrorists aren’t one of theirs because they had anarchy flags. Is this remotely true at all or just idiots spewing bullshit?

Why would you spend a single moment believing anything chuds say?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

The Economic Anxiety Excuse seems to have devolved into a left-targeted version of "what about the white guys" where it is only applied to violent bigots, usually of means, and not the people suffering actual economic anxiety.

Yeah, it's very strange how they never mention economic anxiety when impoverished minority persons are rioting.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Boris Galerkin posted:

my "This Swastika Is An Ancient Religious Symbol" shirt has a lot of people asking questions already answered by my swastika shirt

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Data Graham posted:

I wonder if Mitch has been gas-lighting Trump about it.

"No, no sir. They're not looking to remove you. It's FAR too late into your term for it. They're preparing to oust Biden."

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its also he legit believe everyone loves him. they just pretend to no like him. its loving weird.

yeah. most of the milita chuds/terrorists like this rear end in a top hat arnt poor. at worst they are lower middle class. most are middle/uppper-middle class. they are my uncle who work boring semi office jobs for state/local places and dive to deep into facebook and become super chuds.

You can't really militia-chud on the cheap. An AR15 is a couple grand, and then all the other gear adds up, plus all that time spent on meetings and poo poo is time you aren't working your second job.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1314614923721404425?s=19

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:quagmire:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Boris Galerkin posted:

One of the terrorists had a flag that had a black background and a red circle with a red line drawn horizontally through it. It wasn't the anarchist "A" but they are pretending it was.

Pick posted:

Why would that change anything anyway? These are the super genius brains that thought that if you kill the governor there just, isn't a Michigan state government anymore. I mean, do these people think that the Oklahoma City bombing actually worked? That it accomplished the goals that they were after? Do they think that if Gavin Newsom gets into a car accident and dies that everybody just throws up their hands and accept that Virginia doesn't exist anymore? It does seem like they had a streak of anarchist thought, just the stupidest version that has ever existed that you would actually have to be a stupid baby to believe.

Michigan is weird because we have strong blue sections but the majority of the state is deep red, so we tend to flip between republican and Democrat with every election. Presumably they figured that the Real Michigan wanted to vote red and if they just got this traitor out of office then we would hold a new vote and everything would be fine.

...which isn't how that works, we still have a line of succession, and everyone for at least three more people in the line is a Democrat, including our female lesbian attourney general.

That is of course assuming they aren't just jumped up fascists and figured if they murdered daddy's #1 target then the country would just fall to total white supremacy overnight and it would be good.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 9, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Why would that change anything anyway? These are the super genius brains that thought that if you kill the governor there just, isn't a Michigan state government anymore. I mean, do these people think that the Oklahoma City bombing actually worked? That it accomplished the goals that they were after? Do they think that if Gavin Newsom gets into a car accident and dies that everybody just throws up their hands and accept that Virginia doesn't exist anymore? It does seem like they had a streak of anarchist thought, just the stupidest version that has ever existed that you would actually have to be a stupid baby to believe.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

You can't really militia-chud on the cheap. An AR15 is a couple grand, and then all the other gear adds up, plus all that time spent on meetings and poo poo is time you aren't working your second job.

what? a run of the mill average AR-15 is around 400 bucks. I just bought a brand new one and the scope i bought with it was more than the rifle.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pick posted:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Pick posted:

It's terrorism you loving idiot, you dumb clown, you piece of poo poo. They want to use violence on a few high profile members of their political, ideological, and societal enemies to terrorize them into removing themselves from the public square and leave the ground open for their ideological allies LIKE THE MICHIGAN STATE HOUSE MAJORITY LEADER WHO SPOKE AT THEIR RALLY to take control of the government.

gently caress me this is a dumb take.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dubious posted:

what? a run of the mill average AR-15 is around 400 bucks. I just bought a brand new one and the scope i bought with it was more than the rifle.

That's....surprisingly reasonable.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Dubious posted:

The real money sink is always the accessories. And oh boy do the militia types love their overpriced "tactical" poo poo.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Data Graham posted:

she said "it's not about trump (it's about any president)" and fascists HATE context so: it's about biden!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

mdemone posted:

That's....surprisingly reasonable.

It also heavily depends on the brand and where you buy it. If you get a big brand name AR-15 from a big box store it can easily run $1k without detachable accessories.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yes, hence pointing out the Oklahoma State bombing. That absolutely didn't work, it did not accomplish ANY of its societal goals despite being in many ways the more successful version of what they were planning.

People would absolutely commit assassinations more often if they were successful in a broad sense. The reason that it has almost always been crazy people like Guiteau is it really really really does not work. Gabby Giffords getting shot didn't stop her husband, and Feinstein's dead friends didn't stop her from ascending to the Senate.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The "economic anxiety" poo poo is generally a liberal talking point not a leftist one. It was the major publications which rolled with it after the election because it'd be too uncouth to say it was racism. The NYT and poo poo was the ones that continue to do Trump voter safaris in all the wrong places (apart from Politco visiting the Villages). None of them were honest about Trump's base being economically comfortable suburban and exurbanites.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1314622019309375489?s=21

Looks like he changed his mind again.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Please start a war in the GOP about stimulus. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

The "economic anxiety" poo poo is generally a liberal talking point not a leftist one. It was the major publications which rolled with it after the election because it'd be too uncouth to say it was racism. The NYT and poo poo was the ones that continue to do Trump voter safaris in all the wrong places (apart from Politco visiting the Villages). None of them were honest about Trump's base being economically comfortable suburban and exurbanites.

are you kidding? it is an explicit leftist talking point: we can't hold the white working class responsible for their racism because their viewpoint is the product of a capitalist system which foments racial divisions to keep workers who share economic interests from coalescing into a majority coalition. in fact, that was a key assumption in bernie's campaign - that he could win back largely white, rural, working class voters who switched in 2016 by running on populist economic policy which would benefit those groups as the policies would benefits all workers (in opposition to the capital holding class).