Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol good grief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hooray for Dobby!!!

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Murray is completely cooked right?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
So apparently hockey Twitter like the Blackwell signing for the Rangers?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Nobody tell Markstrom what Murray just signed for.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

That is

a lot of money on a goalie. But it’s not like the Sens are hurting for space.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lmao i can't believe your dumb team gave that much money and term to someone so bad and stupid and ugly

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Number19 posted:

He's had several major concussions and has a mediocre glove hand

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

That is

a lot of money on a goalie. But it’s not like the Sens are hurting for space.

As a wise person once said, you always have plenty of cap space until you don't.

Call Your Grandma posted:

lmao i can't believe your dumb team gave that much money and term to someone so bad and stupid and ugly

New thread title?

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Wanna see the structure of the that Murray deal.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Brain dead org

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
So how much is Pietrangelo going to want then? Cause even with trading Stasny, Vegas aren’t flush with space

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Markstrom apparently wanted a NMC and 5+ years. No thank you

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Flocons de Jambon posted:

Wanna see the structure of the that Murray deal.

It's beautiful

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/1314625073425321991

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

tarbrush posted:

So how much is Pietrangelo going to want then? Cause even with trading Stasny, Vegas aren’t flush with space

a lot

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/1314625724070932481 lmao

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Number19 posted:

Nah multiple hot brains and a wrist injury. He's been questionable/bad in 2 of the last 3 years. How much of that is the hot brains, Jack Johnson, and his dad dying who knows. 6 million for him is insane.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

grack posted:

PLEASE SIGN IN CALGARY

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

"oh no, they might ship me off somewhere worse than- oh, nevermind, I'll waive it"

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

fancy stats posted:

"oh no, they might ship me off somewhere worse than- oh, nevermind, I'll waive it"

edmonton is still in the league

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Zodijackylite posted:

Rangers signed Colin Blackwell to a league minimum, two-year contract. Looks like Gorton and and Quinn are collecting all the depth players from Massachusetts.

Zodijackylite posted:

Rangers signed Kevin Rooney to a two-year league minimum deal. Looks like he's going to be a fourth liner/spare parts.

Hartford needs bodies as well, if they play a season. So, signing some 4th line/PK depth that can also be for the AHL

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
The sens are still like missing half a team and they extend an already broken goaltender before he even plays for them for an insane amount compared to what every other goalie is getting

and lol the last years being the big money hits, probably when Melnyk won't own the team god willing

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1314628435021647872

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
hey Jimbo FYI you only have like 4 NHL defensemen signed right now.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1314629908191117313

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

(e: disregard) now give me Weegar or give me unceasing years of mediocrity

Koopa Kid fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 9, 2020

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Someone signed Brodie?

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Levitate posted:

Hartford needs bodies as well, if they play a season. So, signing some 4th line/PK depth that can also be for the AHL

They have ten returning NHL players including RFAs, one RFA returning bubble guy (PDG), and 2-3 players challenging for NHL roles (Kravtsov, Barron, Richards) so I think these guys fill the gap 'til those dudes are NHL-ready, including possibly partial seasons in the AHL.

Unless there are other moves coming :iiam:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

Someone signed Brodie?

Turns out nah, I was seeing talk about how the Leafs weren’t gonna get him and I assumed, my bad.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Shinjobi posted:

Hooray for Dobby!!!

yeah the contract is objectively a really good one, Khudobin has been excellent while in Dallas and his performance stacks up against any other goaltender in the league.

I'm a little worried about Dallas moving forward with commitments to these mid 30's dudes like Khudobin and Sekera though.. the roster is getting pretty ancient, it will be a rough rebuild when the time comes.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/BenHankinson/status/1314631191824343043

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Koopa Kid posted:

Turns out nah, I was seeing talk about how the Leafs weren’t gonna get him and I assumed, my bad.

I would not at all be surprised if TJ signed with the Leafs.

Waaaay better defensively than Barrie, great transition game, absolute muffin of a shot.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

I would not at all be surprised if TJ signed with the Leafs.

Waaaay better defensively than Barrie, great transition game, absolute muffin of a shot.

The assumption among Leafs fans is that he’s gonna cost too much, it seems. Hard to argue unless they pull off some salary dump trades, but it seems like everyone’s trying to lose salary.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1314632255541739520

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

God dammit.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

grack posted:

Giving Markstrom NMC meant they'd get no return on trading Demko since they would have to dump him before the expansion draft no matter what. The plan was to sign Markstrom without NMC so they could credibly dangle either goalie in a trade.

Understandable that Markstrom wanted security, and he's earned it. Just couldn't be with Vancouver.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1314633554790363140

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

drat now they have the best players from the 04, 05 and 12 drafts

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Weird...
I'll take it though

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The issue isn't necessarily the AAV for Pietrangelo, it's that he wants a NMC and signing bonus. Totally reasonable things to give your Cup-winning captain but Doug Armstrong is an egomaniac who Doesn't Do NMC and Bonuses so that's why he won't be back in STL.

Inexcusable from the GM and I would not count on any big name free agent signing with the Blues so long as he's at the helm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Pleased with the Hank signing and happy for cool dude Holtby. Not too upset to see Gudas go.