Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ygolonac posted:

ACOG and loud vent brake for 30% range, so... :v: bought it from a vendor, IIRC.

Currently running 4-piece Hunter's Furby, chest + pack for the bonuses, and The Grudge for SMG murdertimes.

Glory Daze is not worth it. You get SMG range without the high crit and higher damage output of a SMG. You're better off getting a normal AR instead in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
They’re all so smug and overconfident until they get killed by some shmuck in a rain slicker and Bermuda shorts.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Guillermus posted:

Glory Daze is not worth it. You get SMG range without the high crit and higher damage output of a SMG. You're better off getting a normal AR instead in my opinion.

Going to second this. Near-Sighted is just a bad talent overall. On Empty is just strictly better, and as far as named ARs go the Burnout is head and shoulders above Glory Daze.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The Mop is the first shotgot I've used in this game that actually feels good to use and as powerful as it should

Although I used to love Sweet Dreams' passive ability of reloading your gun when you rolled around until they took it away because it's fun

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Backfire's bleed effect is super annoying. Not so much the damage as the dumb screen filter and heartbeat sound effect, which are constantly active once you get rolling with that gun. It does do Big Numbers though. In summary, Backfire is a land of contrasts.

HiriseSoftware posted:

They’re all so smug and overconfident until they get killed by some shmuck in a rain slicker and Bermuda shorts.
The most satisfying audiolog in the entire game is Hornet calling out Schaeffer on Black Tusk being a pack of useless fuckups.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
So, RNG is Ridiculous Not--great Gear, right?

If only it was even a yellow piece...

On the Glory Daze front, I was posting as that was a silly combo for the talent. I now have three GDs, though, as one dropped somewhere on the way to or in the Arena, or on the way/in the Wraith showdown. The other popped in a Legacy Cache. One has a good Optimal Range bar, the other is trash and will be disassembled.

About to go back to NYC and start some poo poo there...

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Inferior posted:

Backfire's bleed effect is super annoying. Not so much the damage as the dumb screen filter and heartbeat sound effect, which are constantly active once you get rolling with that gun. It does do Big Numbers though. In summary, Backfire is a land of contrasts.
The most satisfying audiolog in the entire game is Hornet calling out Schaeffer on Black Tusk being a pack of useless fuckups.

I wish the backfire damage was just a unique damage tick. I can take the screen effect but the speed loss is annoying when you’re dealing with both the backfire and HF timer.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Morter posted:

That reminds me: gently caress the hunters that are showing up during these manhunt bounties.
Last manhunt, I used matchmaking and got a full group of pubbies and we 100%, absolutely killed the hunter. He flopped over and dropped loot- nothing beyond heroic quality, but he absolutely was killable.

Tried Wraith with goons the other night and the hunter just smoke bombs out even if you have him foamed/disrupted. Weird. My only guess is that one of the pubbies I was with last time was marksman or something and killed him with a headshot before he could ninja out. Or it was bugged or something.

IbrahimSom
May 30, 2020

by Pragmatica
Does the DLC on PC ever go on sale?

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

IbrahimSom posted:

Yes, but unfortunately you juuuust missed the latest 2 week sale where it was 50% off (12€ with the Uplay points discount). There's bound to be a new one eventually though!

Is there a YouTuber or website I should check for a collection of up to date set/exotic/gear builds for the higher difficulties?
I've had a lot of enjoyment with a somewhat gear independent "pet" build (6 skill Turret+Drone while I support them with Insight/Overcharge), but I'm curious what else could be fun and doesn't hit like a wet noodle. Not at all interested in PvP and I'm playing COOP with a buddy.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

IbrahimSom posted:

If you mean Warlords then yeah. Just make sure you buy the right thing because in typical Ubisoft fashion there’s 2 different versions which look the same but one is for people who already have the base game and one is for people who don’t.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lamquin posted:

Is there a YouTuber or website I should check for a collection of up to date set/exotic/gear builds for the higher difficulties?
I've had a lot of enjoyment with a somewhat gear independent "pet" build (6 skill Turret+Drone while I support them with Insight/Overcharge), but I'm curious what else could be fun and doesn't hit like a wet noodle. Not at all interested in PvP and I'm playing COOP with a buddy.

There used to be one but whoever was running it lost interest and it’s still on the old gear system. If no one else has I’ll try to remember to make a post at not-1am later.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Lamquin posted:

I'm currently alternating between these 3 core builds ( I also use a Turret+Drone build but you already got that down )

This is an oldie but a goldie. It's a Glass Cannon + Vigilance build that puts out a crazy amount of damage but you'll fold like a wet noodle if you get caught unawares. You have a lot of options though, some folks prefer to use a Focus chest piece and a Crusader Shield which makes you way less squishy, but I never got around to trying it out, I think you've got to be scoped in to get the damage bonus and I prefer to not lose mobility. I still have a Baker's Dozen named rifle as my secondary ( crits for over 2 mil ) but I've been experimenting with faster Rifles with Boomerang ( I have an Urban MDR and a Lightweight m4 at the moment, the Lightweight M4 hits harder but is pretty wild while the MDR hits lighter but is way more controllable ). The role of this build is to stay back and deliver damage, you let the tanks tank and the skill builds use their skills, your power is in fast clicking stuff to death. You need to be aware of your flanks and move between different positions because if NPCs are focused on you they'll drop you just as quick. Your job is to focus on Tanks and Bots because you'll bring them down fast, and that saves lives. Coyote Mask & Bakers Dozen are optional.

The Firewall Eclipse build, burns down stuff real quick, but you can be versatile with any of your status effects that you like, I also run a version under the Gunner spec so I can access the Banshee pulse. The Imperial Dynasty is a fun gimmick piece but I don't have a Vile Mask which is considered the complementary Legendary to go with the Eclipse set. I'm running the Pyromaniac named AR, but have the Everlasting Gaze as my secondary in case I'm using other Status effect skills. Your job is simple, set stuff on fire, kill a mook you're set on fire and watch the rest of the wave catch fire. Between the Perfectly Ignited from my assault rifle and the amplified damage from the Ecplise backpack I'm contributing damage to stuff I'm shooting and I'm lowering the return fire to myself and the rest of the team. You don't have to limit yourself to burning stuff, why not try a Stinger Hive + BTSU gloves, or perhaps Blinder Firefly, Banshee Pulse, or even the Shock Trap. This build can work solo but with caveats - you're squishy and you lack direct damage to deal armoured targets fast - setting a tank on fire doesn't seem to hurt them much and bots are also immune although I generally switch my Burn Sticky for an EMP sticky.

I gotta say, I think I enjoy the Status effect builds the most.

Hunter's Fury solo build. Doesn't matter if you don't have a Lady Death, A Strained SMG ( ie Cold Relations ) will work just fine. It's for running solo or in a pair, but if you're not getting kills you're exposing yourself to a lot of damage. I have ran this with an all Red build, but I'd rather not be quite that squishy. I've had success with this chasing NPCs in DZ South and even managed to fend off rogue agents ( players ) but you will struggle against Rogue Agents in the Summit and I hit a wall in Legendary difficulty.

Extras

Another status effect build, my Pre Eclipse version. Trauma for causing Bleeds & Blinds which can proc with Creeping Death as well. I ummed and ahhed about keeping Creeping Death with my Eclipse build but I think the Amped damage is probably worthwhile - Still very good at spreading Status effects.

My Turret & Drone build, Spotter Chest, Spike & Tech Support for boosting my skill damage. Need to be using the Technician Spec for the Pulsing laser and the extra Skill Tier, but that frees me up to Use Contractors gloves for some extra shooty damage.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Oct 12, 2020

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

ZombyDog posted:

[Glorious Builds]

Thanks for taking the time to write them up, I'll absolutely take a look at them. I do lack most of the exotics and gear sets (for now), but I do enjoy gearing towards stuff!

Out of curiosity since you mentioned it, how does your Turret+Drone build look? Any specific items you use to augment it?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lamquin posted:

Thanks for taking the time to write them up, I'll absolutely take a look at them. I do lack most of the exotics and gear sets (for now), but I do enjoy gearing towards stuff!

Out of curiosity since you mentioned it, how does your Turret+Drone build look? Any specific items you use to augment it?

This is the max skill damage possible build. Blue stats are armor regen (I can sit on a molotov's fire and tank it for the entire duration). In-sync weapon to boost turret and drone damage, tech support on backpack and kinetic momentum on chest.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Lamquin posted:

Welp When I said Shield + Drone Build, I actually meant Turret + Drone.
I'll admit I haven't tried Kinetic Momentum or In Sync ( as above ), but with the Spotter Chest I'm getting +15% weapon and skill Amplified damage against targets I'm lighting up with the technician's laser, Spike is another +20% skill damage on headshots and Tech Support is another +25% damage on skill kill. Because I'm wearing Contractors Gloves I'm getting another +10% weapon damage, +10% LMG damage and +8% damage to Armor ( I've also got Skill Haste rolled on the gloves ) without losing a Skill Tier ( Thanks to Technician Spec ).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kinetic momentum is better than spotter since you don't need to aim a target to get more damage. in-sync doubles its bonuses when hitting a target. You should try get the most out of your skills since the damage you deal with guns is really low.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
In my current build my most effective and powerful weapon is hucking a can of spray insulation. The bedazzled Vector is just for show.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Inferior posted:

That one and Schaeffer getting increasingly frustrated during invaded Camp White Oak.

And yeah, I tried Backfire myself and while I didn't mind the bleed and screen effect, the movement speed reduction was a dealbreaker.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Fabricated posted:

Last manhunt, I used matchmaking and got a full group of pubbies and we 100%, absolutely killed the hunter. He flopped over and dropped loot- nothing beyond heroic quality, but he absolutely was killable.

Tried Wraith with goons the other night and the hunter just smoke bombs out even if you have him foamed/disrupted. Weird. My only guess is that one of the pubbies I was with last time was marksman or something and killed him with a headshot before he could ninja out. Or it was bugged or something.

Oh, is that who that was? I thought it was Wraith going all ninja-cosplay on me.

Faffing about doing the Civic Center daily last night, got a "rogue agent detected" alert and (carefully) wandered around until I spotted movement that wasn't showing on my radar. Standard turtle mode, turret & drone while I camped some cover, and...

Oh. *Two* rogues.

Robots murdered the one, eventually, and burned down most of the armor on the other before they expired, but dumbass just sat there where I could see him until cooldowns ended. Shot him a few times after throwing the skills, he finally came out and ate three mags from The Grudge at close range.

Season Daily was Parkway, on hard, which reall7y wasn't that bad. Kajika really sucked at doing much about the drone, and when he finally got pissed and came after me, I unloaded my Ruthless (Merciless? they all look alike to me) into his face because I selected the wrong weapon. :v:

Also was wandering through Chinatown heading for a control point (doing that first Season manhunt prereqs) and a Black Dusk Mobile Oppression Palace came by. Turret did some damage and drew fire, drone did loving nothing, used three rockets and the gimmicky AK and it finally died. The one at Liberty Island was easier, but I was using Bullet King or some other LMG for that.

Got a DC control point up to level three, wiped two resource convoys outside while my turret kept the CP busy, wiped nearly everyone inside, and had to get ammo. Drone killed the last enemy while I was at the box, and the next wave (including the Elite) monster-closeted right behind me. :smithicide: Near-full on loot, so had to go back to the BoO and it had went down to level two by the time I got back, oh well.

So, as of my quitting last night (later than I wanted, skipping dinner again) I've got 30 Season levels, 6 pieces (plus a few dupe parts) of Homeless Furry, a bunch of other gearset pieces (I think 4 Just The Tip of the Spear, but no back/chest and one is a dupe), a stupid amount of named guns and gear, enough cash that i can buy poo poo just to grind up for the library, and there's still Season poo poo until December. :toot:

Still have to get Pestilence and the Vile mask, because that's the kind of rear end in a top hat I am. :unsmigghh:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Rogues show up off and on in the open world. They keep ambushing me when I step out of NYC safehouses for some reason.

There's actual hunter fights you can trigger but there's a hunter that seems to just be there to spook you too. I dunno if they're in NYC since I haven't seen them there yet, but there's a hunter that'll stalk you off and on in DC who just disappears if you spot him and shoot him a bit. If you're running around the open world and your UI starts going fuzzy he's around.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Lamquin posted:

Yes, but unfortunately you juuuust missed the latest 2 week sale where it was 50% off (12€ with the Uplay points discount). There's bound to be a new one eventually though!

In the modern era it seems like it's all on YouTube for this kinda poo poo, places like Reddit etc. are just dudes posting memes and jerking each other off on who can hate Massive/Ubisoft more.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Tm4OVrrd-2QDLX55hizhQ is a pretty good channel to start getting ideas on builds. Some of them are a bit suspect when actually running in heroics but most pretty solid.

If there's any interest I can do a post like ZombyDog when I get home, I have a few solid builds I really like that aren't the boring as poo poo turret + drone skill snoozer. I'm at the point where I'm excited to see someone running like an old school seeker/mortar skill build instead of the turrets

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You can get away with plenty of dumb builds even in heroic if you’re by yourself and generally know how to play. 3-4 player groups, legendary, and raids are where you have to submit to the build orthodoxy a lot more.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Speaking of dumb builds, I just discovered that Ninjabike reloads don't trigger Backfire's bleed effect. PARKOUR! PARKOUR! PARKOUR!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ygolonac posted:

Oh. *Two* rogues.

Still have to get Pestilence and the Vile mask, because that's the kind of rear end in a top hat I am. :unsmigghh:

Rogues are always playercount +1, so in a full group you get five of em at once. Also, you really don't need pestilence or vile. But vile is the better of the two, if you want to target that somehow.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Inferior posted:

Speaking of dumb builds, I just discovered that Ninjabike reloads don't trigger Backfire's bleed effect. PARKOUR! PARKOUR! PARKOUR!

*Shuffles 3 feet onto the same piece of cover. Gets free reload* PARKOUR! :woop: PARKOUR!!

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Fabricated posted:

Rogues show up off and on in the open world. They keep ambushing me when I step out of NYC safehouses for some reason.

There's actual hunter fights you can trigger but there's a hunter that seems to just be there to spook you too. I dunno if they're in NYC since I haven't seen them there yet, but there's a hunter that'll stalk you off and on in DC who just disappears if you spot him and shoot him a bit. If you're running around the open world and your UI starts going fuzzy he's around.

I figure hunters will be like in Div1 Underground (never ran into any in the DZ, and didn't play Survival), and be some *dangerous* sumbitches. I just have to be aware of where I am when I get the rogue alert, and see which direction makes the music louder, if they don't show on radar. Missed my first certain open-world rogue in DC because I got the alert, couldn't spot any threats, and so hosed off back to whatever I was originally doing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Inferior posted:

It’s not the worst build since you don’t necessarily need to use Coyotes Mask with the Backfire, both for its exotic ability and the fact that it’s an SMG and doesn’t need as much crit chance added. If chest/backpack-less Hunters Fury wasn’t so good I’d probably be using a build with Sawyers. And if the backpack or chest talents for Hunters Fury were better I’d probably be using it with HF too.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

It’s not the worst build since you don’t necessarily need to use Coyotes Mask with the Backfire, both for its exotic ability and the fact that it’s an SMG and doesn’t need as much crit chance added. If chest/backpack-less Hunters Fury wasn’t so good I’d probably be using a build with Sawyers. And if the backpack or chest talents for Hunters Fury were better I’d probably be using it with HF too.
I quite like the Hunter's Fury backpack talent, it makes the Disorient effect actually useful. I prefer using that with an Unbreakable chestpiece for my HF build. I know the meta is for Adrenaline Rush + Intimidate, but I play solo most of the time and the temp armor always just disappears in seconds.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Morter posted:

*Shuffles 3 feet onto the same piece of cover. Gets free reload* PARKOUR! :woop: PARKOUR!!

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

Coyotes is pretty good with Smg tho cause <15 m it’s 25% crit damage no chance which is pretty good. Not irreplaceable or anything but not shabby.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

squirrelzipper posted:

Coyotes is pretty good with Smg tho cause <15 m it’s 25% crit damage no chance which is pretty good. Not irreplaceable or anything but not shabby.

It is good and using any other gun or build it’s basically a must but if you’re using the Backfire with Hunters Fury you’re getting 25% crit damage in a few seconds from the gun and amplified damage on top of everything from the gear set. Avoiding having to reload the Backfire in the regular way can be a good trade off.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

It is good and using any other gun or build it’s basically a must but if you’re using the Backfire with Hunters Fury you’re getting 25% crit damage in a few seconds from the gun and amplified damage on top of everything from the gear set. Avoiding having to reload the Backfire in the regular way can be a good trade off.

Ah true, I missed the importance of 'with Backfire.'

Having said all that I think I’ll probably ditch coyotes on my HF build so I can go 2 pc Soklov chest/Bp with intimidate and adrenaline rush, the HF talents are ok but increasing the buff duration by 20 seconds doesn’t seem that great given all the killing. SMG play is so different from my other builds and I’m enjoying it. What’s a good talent for The Mop as a backup weapon? Mine currently has the one that gives 15% chic/chd when killing a status afflicted enemy which works ok with HF but wondering what others use?

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 13, 2020

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Pummel is always good on shotties.
Close and personal works.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is the Wraith League Time Trail not showing up for Jefferson/Union Arena for any one else? I bet Jefferson Invaded and it still not showing up when I switch modes.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Is BK worth playing with? The "never reload" thing seems neat but damage output (even all red) is not great yeah?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

BexGu posted:

Is the Wraith League Time Trail not showing up for Jefferson/Union Arena for any one else? I bet Jefferson Invaded and it still not showing up when I switch modes.

Are you looking at Jefferson Plaza?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

hatelull posted:

Is BK worth playing with? The "never reload" thing seems neat but damage output (even all red) is not great yeah?

I think so, but it's not top tier - you are right the damage output just isn't quite there. On the positive side, BK is significantly less bad than the other exotic LMG, never reloading IS cool and fun, and the Negev is a decent base model. The sustain damage is pretty cool but it doesn't really have a good way to make full use of that sustain against anything that isn't a CC-stunned heavy.

4 BKs just holding down the button on Dragov and company is something we should all experience at least once, though.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

hatelull posted:

It’s nice for skill builds where you need enough sustained damage to convince someone to gently caress off back to their friends for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Kibayasu posted:

Are you looking at Jefferson Plaza?

It was weird. I had to log out and then was able to switch modes to actually start the time trial. But hey, Hunter Fury really makes the whole thing extremely easy.