Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

sound def helps with this one

wholesome

If I were to do this with my wife it'd be, "Wanna go to Ross and I wont complain once?" or "Do you want to adopt 10 animals right now?!"

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Why was she putting on makeup if she had no plans to leave the house?

Why do you assume she had no plans to leave the house?

The real question is why can they not do that poo poo with a baby?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Because babies need attention and sometimes you just want to have time alone with your spouse.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

bike tory posted:

The real question is why can they not do that poo poo with a baby?

If you take your baby, a fun day filled with various activities often turns into tending to your baby's needs in new locations before giving up halfway through and going home.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I get why it's a nice package, but at the start he just asks her if she wants to go shopping and she says they can't because they have a baby

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

you heard shopping
she heard Shopping

you can shop with a baby, but you sure as hell cant Shop

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe their baby is actually a hornet's nest and they don't want to bring a hornet's nest to brunch.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah I think shopping means fun shopping not mechanistically shoveling the required components of sustaining life into a trolley.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah I think shopping means fun shopping not mechanistically shoveling the required components of sustaining life into a trolley.

Replace shopping with "going to a restaurant" and trolley with "face" and I guess this applies to restaurants with a babby too

idk I basically live my life with a baby strapped to my chest so maybe I'm just jaded about the idea of putting something off "because we have a baby"

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

bike tory posted:

idk I basically live my life with a baby strapped to my chest so maybe I'm just jaded about the idea of putting something off "because we have a baby"

This is you isn't it:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

DandyLion posted:

This is you isn't it:

What in tarnation

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Biplane posted:

What in tarnation
It's like you've never been shopping

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He's right you know. You can't. It's foolproof.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

So, what's the resolution? He forgot to strap one to his forehead?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

bike tory posted:

Why do you assume she had no plans to leave the house?

Cause she says they can't leave the house because they have a baby

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

gbut posted:

Babies! Apply directly to the forehead! Babies! Apply directly to the forehead! Babies! Apply directly to the forehead!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

gbut posted:

Someone drops a noose out of a skylight and hauls him up by his neck if I recall

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

gbut posted:

IIRC they catch him in a noose and hang him.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

bike tory posted:

Replace shopping with "going to a restaurant" and trolley with "face" and I guess this applies to restaurants with a babby too

I'm not a parent and I never will be, but I still realize that not everyone does parenting the same way and not every baby is the same. Maybe your kid is calm most of the time while the people in the video have a baby that frequently screams and cries in unfamiliar environments, or throws up on your nice brunch outfit, or is just hella colicky. Congrats on having a baby you're comfortable bringing around with you though, happy for you!

Anyway here's this old classic.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Woebin posted:

I'm not a parent and I never will be, but I still realize that not everyone does parenting the same way and not every baby is the same. Maybe your kid is calm most of the time while the people in the video have a baby that frequently screams and cries in unfamiliar environments, or throws up on your nice brunch outfit, or is just hella colicky. Congrats on having a baby you're comfortable bringing around with you though, happy for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

DandyLion posted:

This is you isn't it:

https://youtu.be/G95Vn-FQRVQ

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Woebin posted:

This became an official skin!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This became an official skin!

That's excellent. Is that a variant you can enable in the campaign, or a hidden Easter egg, it just a deathmatch skin? Does current Doom even have deathmatch? Last new Doom game I played was Doom 3, which still feels kind of like it came out recently to me. I guess I'm getting old.

Sigil was pretty cool, though.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Woebin posted:

That's excellent. Is that a variant you can enable in the campaign, or a hidden Easter egg, it just a deathmatch skin? Does current Doom even have deathmatch? Last new Doom game I played was Doom 3, which still feels kind of like it came out recently to me. I guess I'm getting old.

multiplayer in the newest one has two players as demons and one as the doom guy.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I definitely recomend doom 2016 (and presumably doom eternal though I haven't actually played that because it's expensive)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Woebin posted:

Currently it's just a multiplayer skin. The only skins that work in campaign are the doomguy skins, although those are also really good:

So far no plans to make the enemy skins available in single player, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

That woman reacted to shopping like a golden retriever when it sees a tennis ball.

I can't imagine getting that excited about shopping, but then again, I don't know what it's like to have a disposable income to speak of.

:suicide:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

Babies! Apply directly to the forehead! Babies! Apply directly to the forehead! Babies! Apply directly to the forehead!

Maybe it's because I'm drunk but I laughed.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Husband calls mascara eyeliner, a shameful display :nyd:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

canyoneer posted:

Husband calls mascara eyeliner, a shameful display :nyd:

I mean, most guys I know, including me, would have just called it "makeup", for fear of getting it wrong.

And being laughed at.

:thunk:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

DicktheCat posted:

That woman reacted to shopping like a golden retriever when it sees a tennis ball.

I can't imagine getting that excited about shopping, but then again, I don't know what it's like to have a disposable income to speak of.

Well yeah but a) you don't necessarily have to spend money (I prefer doing this online where people can't judge my dithering ways but) and b) it's going out looking at stuff maybe you can or can't afford but in theory the experience is fun, maybe they go to Ross or maybe they go to Nordstroms or specialty stores to buy fun stuff like electronics or cooking accessories or fancy dice for D&D or sex toys the point is to go out.

Not sure how that gels with COVID but people do get excited to get out, some of us stick our heads out the windows of the car too.

I feel you on the disposable income though, Window(s 10 x64) shopping is more my style.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DicktheCat posted:

You can go around and look at all the nice stuff you'll never own. Or go rummage through the charity shops for a bargain.

I used to enjoy that, in the before times.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Thanks, I needed this.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Woebin posted:

If you liked Sigil, you're in for a treat. The Doom community has still been steadily making maps, since the 90s, getting better and better and better at it. Modern Doom maps are really impressive; I felt that Sigil was only kind of "ok" by comparison.

Every year, they have the Cacowards, for the best wads and mappers and so on. It's the cream of the crop. Really cool stuff. https://www.doomworld.com/cacowards/

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

hello i made this
feels weird and also good to see it pop up unexpectedly. you've made my morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Yellow Yoshi posted:

hello i made this
feels weird and also good to see it pop up unexpectedly. you've made my morning
You did excellent work, I feel compelled to listen to it every time it pops up then it's stuck in my head for the next two weeks.