Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please do irreparable damage to the rockets organization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Morey’s eyes light up when he sees the spreadsheet jvg keeps of all his least favorite refs

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Metapod posted:

Please do irreparable damage to the rockets organization
Would it really be surprising if Tillman Fritteritta ends up just not being able to avoid jumping in on Darryl Morey's turf and making a stupid loving major decision that hamstrings his team for years?

Also, what would be the ideal NBA player to get a week-old baby to cheer for? I need this for scientific research purposes - a girl, if it matters.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Kings might have an actual functioning modern front office for the first time ever
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1316199071191793667

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

The Kings might have an actual functioning modern front office for the first time ever

:hfive:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

I don't remember any of these guys from the Adelman years, this can't be right.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

All it took was the 2020 timeline for the Kings to have a functional front office.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Spacebump posted:

JVG shouldn't be a head coach in the modern NBA. Time has passed him by. He also shouldn't be a commentator.

1) right. yes.
2) as a person who skipped midlife and went straight to curmudgeon, wrong

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

the fact that i don’t recognize any of those names besides wilcox and all of them come from organizations with a pretty good drafting history is pretty encouraging

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

WhyteRyce posted:

In hindsight it’s kind of weird Vivek turned over ops to a guy like Vlade in the first place

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

In hindsight it’s kind of weird Vivek turned over ops to a guy like Vlade in the first place

Vlade was hired originally as a peace maker. Basically all the minority owners were pissed with everyone and trying to assert some kind of influence, the players were pissed at the front office for firing Malone, everyone was pissed at Vivek, George Karl was there doing his George Karl thing. Vlade was there to unpoison the waters but that somehow morphed into giving Vlade total power

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Crazy Ted posted:

Also, what would be the ideal NBA player to get a week-old baby to cheer for? I need this for scientific research purposes - a girl, if it matters.

Jrue Holiday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxxZ_GBU1bM

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Eltoasto posted:

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1316138575080181762

Finch seems like a good fit from what I have seen, working with Jokic in Denver and then the bigs lineup in NO.

I read this and was sold:

https://www.indycornrows.com/2020/10/6/21501224/how-chris-finch-could-invert-the-pacers-offense-with-continuous-spacing

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/Cyynicall/status/1316209053694132229

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Hahaha this made me laugh a lot

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Excuse da quality but

look what i found in my closet

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
ESPN really got a hard on for LeBron MJ comparisons at the moment. The real question is when will LeBron pass KAJ?

Also people compare LBJ and MJ in finals record but sheesh, if you want to just choose a playoff tier record, you could also say, MJ is 10-3 in round one of the playoffs including being swept twice, LeBron is 14-0.

I know this is preaching to the converted and apologies for lowering the tone to this asinine debate but it annoys me.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

verbal enema posted:

Excuse da quality but

look what i found in my closet

Lol that's a hockey hat!

I like the Natty Light box in your closet.

Quizzlefish posted:

ESPN really got a hard on for LeBron MJ comparisons at the moment. The real question is when will LeBron pass KAJ?

Also people compare LBJ and MJ in finals record but sheesh, if you want to just choose a playoff tier record, you could also say, MJ is 10-3 in round one of the playoffs including being swept twice, LeBron is 14-0.

I know this is preaching to the converted and apologies for lowering the tone to this asinine debate but it annoys me.

MJ also never dared to try and win in the Western Conference.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

lol Mo Buckets

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Quizzlefish posted:

It's hot air to get people emotional and mad at the tv, so they keep watching. Just dumb poo poo. Just think about all the beautiful ball, and dream about the incredible ball yet to come

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

LeBron will be the GOAT because his kids will be better basketball players than Michael Jordan's kids, effectively acting as a tiebreaker for the debate.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

WhyteRyce posted:

I have no idea who Phil Jabour is

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

DorianGravy posted:

Seems like Finch should stay with the Pelicans. In fact, they should exclusively hire people with bird names.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Bird is still a Pacers advisor, so I think it's safe to say Finch is his pick

I used to think about how Larry Bird was Frank Vogel's boss and how Vogel means "bird" in german

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Katana_Warrior posted:

remember when lebron passed kobe for career points and then kobe died 12 hours later

what did that mean?

It means I dont want him scoring more than 38,387 points because Kareem writes good books

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Don’t worry. Kareem is a pilot.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crazy Ted posted:

Would it really be surprising if Tillman Fritteritta ends up just not being able to avoid jumping in on Darryl Morey's turf and making a stupid loving major decision that hamstrings his team for years?

Morey worked with JVG during his last rockets stint and supposedly wanted to hire him again in 2016 but got overruled, so it's possible this isn't coming from Broke Boy.

Also grats on the baby.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Congrats. I recommend JR Smith or someone else with sleepy eyes. Then you can transition to Chris Bosh for his sick HTML skills in this tech economy

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Crazy Ted posted:

Congrats! And the Timberwolves stushed plushies and whatnot are adorable. Teach your daughter that life is pain right away.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Crazy Ted posted:

LeBron will be the GOAT because his kids will be better basketball players than Michael Jordan's kids, effectively acting as a tiebreaker for the debate.

Jordan's kids might've been good but he kept calling them slurs and punching them for missing shots.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Babies typically enjoy Steph Curry because he reminds them of themselves.

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

Hi, I was wondering if I could get a recommendation for a good basketball book? It would be a gift for my brother. I already gave him the Bill Simmons book like a decade ago or something, when it came out. Thank you.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

HamsterPolice posted:

Hi, I was wondering if I could get a recommendation for a good basketball book? It would be a gift for my brother. I already gave him the Bill Simmons book like a decade ago or something, when it came out. Thank you.

the breaks of the game is the greatest book written by a mortal

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

HamsterPolice posted:

"Loose Balls" (Terry Pluto) is really good and would make a good gift.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

Yeah, get him this one. It's a great history of the ABA and is a loving hilarious book.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lockback posted:

Both Dennis Rodman books

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

the jack mccallum dream team book is also great

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

HamsterPolice posted:

If he's a huge MJ stan , Playing For Keeps by David Halberstam.

If he's a Phoenix Suns fan, Seven Seconds Or Less by Jack McCallum.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Strawberry Panda posted:

Means with 7.8 billion people in the world, things that have a 1 in 7.8 billion chance of happening to a person are a daily occurrence.

Wait, that's how it works? Your odds at death are lessened by more people being alive? Be right back, gotta have a bunch of illegitimate children so I can live longer.

(Fun fact: I am phone posting, and the word my phone believes should follow the phrase "a bunch of" is "shitgoblins")

Crazy Ted posted:

:argh: drat it, Ted, that's supposed to be my ritual. Nonetheless, I guess every little bit helps.

Babies need to cheer for a player that stands out and has an obvious visual distinction. I'd have said Lonnie Walker before he changed it up. I don't suppose there's an active mask or goggles player I forgot about, is there?

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Babies typically enjoy Steph Curry because he reminds them of themselves.

also lol

Veryslightlymad posted:

Babies need to cheer for a player that stands out and has an obvious visual distinction. I'd have said Lonnie Walker before he changed it up. I don't suppose there's an active mask or goggles player I forgot about, is there?

He stopped a while ago I think, but Otto Porter wore them for a couple seasons. Shoutouts to Horace Grant for wearing his even after he got his eye surgery so that 4-eyesed kids could have someone to look up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

HamsterPolice posted:

Macrophenomenal Basketball Almanac or the other Free Darko book