Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

can we have a moratorium on some of the really dumb played out catchphrases here? the john cena exchange and adam cole is short and john silver is a 29 year old little boy bits are just incredibly unfunny and just bad posting outright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How are mods supposed to determine when too many jokes are made about something

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

For the love of god please end the adam cole joke, and the albanian John cena one

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

makes all jokes a bannable offense

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

JOHN CENA posted:

can we have a moratorium on some of the really dumb played out catchphrases here? the john cena exchange and adam cole is short and john silver is a 29 year old little boy bits are just incredibly unfunny and just bad posting outright

Come on man. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not funny! Some of the photoshops sneaking Adam Cole next to things is really good.

Also did you say it or not??

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Have a voting tournament where meme faces meme in the Eliminator challenge for which meme will survive past Full Gear, it can be a fun forums event

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm the most pro-jokes poster in psp but the same 3 jokes are written verbatim every day. Make new jokes. Give them a break let them rest. Bring back Vinceflex tho

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
everyone runs the loving "look at this dude" one into the ground. this isn't the first time people have said they're tired of it and its not funny after being ran into the ground literally anytime people bring adam cole up

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

NienNunb posted:

I'm the most pro-jokes poster in psp but the same 3 jokes are written verbatim every day. Make new jokes. Give them a break let them rest. Bring back Vinceflex tho

How about you write some new jokes, rough man. I'll stick to the same old goofs and gabs giving me a slight puff of air out my nose.

Also Vince doesn't flex anymore now that Big Biceps Tony is in town.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I can't write a joke today that'll be funnier than "Hikaru Shita"

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

all banned jokes should be replaced by more best bout puns. Pages upon pages of best bout puns. Then. Now. Forever something that rhymes with bout.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Tweak posted:

all banned jokes should be replaced by more best bout puns. Pages upon pages of best bout puns. Then. Now. Forever something that rhymes with bout.

Tout! Tout! Tout!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

can we ban getting unreasonably angry about stupid things

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
it's very hard to be creative in here because there are so many rules and regulations on what we are and are not allowed to say, and these rules are vague. once someone discovers a joke that is safe to make, it is run into the ground.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oddly the combat sports folk have had zero issue with saying funny things that dont violate the rules nor seem to have any major issues with the guidelines on what is or isn't acceptable either.

I would say plenty of humor is able to created under these rules. At least on our end :shrug:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 15, 2020

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i guess i'm wrong. i'm sorry, please ignore my above post.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Mekchu posted:

Oddly the combat sports folk have had zero issue with saying funny things that dont violate the rules nor seem to have any major issues with the guidelines on what is or isn't acceptable either.

I would say plenty of humor is able to created under these rules. At least on our end :shrug:

between tito ortiz, jon jones, and conor one of them is doing something dumb as hell every day, it is not a fair comparison

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If you don't like seeing the same joke, make different jokes :shrug:

This really seems like a complete non-issue, it's the same as when a thread is on a discussion topic you might not find particularly interesting, just make a post about a subject of discussion you find more interesting and maybe people will find it interesting too and now there's a whole new conversation happening. That's how forums work.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MotU posted:

between tito ortiz, jon jones, and conor one of them is doing something dumb as hell every day, it is not a fair comparison

I would argue there are comparable people to make fun of in puroresu.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Mekchu posted:

thats because jerusalem doesnt read the mma threads

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Goons running jokes into the ground is a time-honored tradition. Eventually people will get tired of a joke and it’ll be replaced with new ones. Maybe it will occasionally resurface and then it’ll be funny in a nostalgic way and you’ll also realize how much of your life you’ve spent online and have a minor existential crisis.

Anyway the Albanian Joke is only bad because it takes up at the very least three posts every single time. This increases the amount of time one has to look at it whenever the joke is activated so it might feel more annoying than other running jokes that only take up one posts and can be skipped over quickly

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

People keep wanting rules because they don't know how to post or something. Don't like the jokes? Tell people they're bad and make better ones. Don't like the topic? Post a new one and talk about that new topic. Stop asking for mod intervention because the posting experience isn't perfectly curated to your taste.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The only thing I can think of that was decided as being off-limits for jokes in the last thread, other than stuff that is obviously racist/sexist/etc, are paedophile jokes because enough people said that it made them uncomfortable, which is fair enough. What other joke rules are there?

I've made bad jokes before, some more offensive or overused than others. I just simply need to be told when I'm going too far so I can not do it again in the future. No need to completely ban certain jokes imo.

#freevinceflex

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

People keep wanting rules because they don't know how to post or something. Don't like the jokes? Tell people they're bad and make better ones.

sounds like a good way to get a 6er to me

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's not as many as you think and those ones you get to wear as a point of pride.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Yeah seriously. As soon as Adam Cole is mentioned, you can just about see the horde of posters rushing to their keyboards to make a height joke. YES WE loving GET IT, ADAM COLE SHORT HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHDHJFAOISDHJFOIASRHJNGOPSzJNDGSdIKNG, JESUS gently caress. How about you dickheads repeat the same loving joke another 10000 times. It might finally start being funny.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't think it should be probatable but in this feedback thread i think going 'y'all should find some better jokes especially ones that don't take up full pages of threads' is decent feedback

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
It absolutely shouldn't be probatable. It shouldn't have been bannable when it was img-timeline and fiestacat to be honest, we should've just gotten over inside jokes/memes quicker as a community

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
There's a lot of jokes that I do agree have been run into the ground.

You can take my ability to photoshop Adam Cole into photos of small things from my cold, dead hands tho.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Senerio posted:

There's a lot of jokes that I do agree have been run into the ground.

You can take my ability to photoshop Adam Cole into photos of small things from my cold, dead hands tho.

The problem is that it's literally the same loving joke, right down to the same loving youtube video of that guy performatively screaming like a normal person about Adam Cole's height, like it's something that we're meant to give a toss about.

And the "come up with a better joke" crowd can get to gently caress with that poo poo too. How about you wankers not fill the entire page with the same repeated, boring and inane joke like it's an episode of Little Britain, for gently caress's sake.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I agree Cole vid is played out but

Vagabundo posted:

performatively screaming like a normal person

You are strange.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
wasn't the audio on the cole vid not even originally for that video

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Just ignore the evil jokes you loving babies

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
adam cole is 6 feet tall

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ohhhh nnononono hahahaha

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
LOOK AT THIS DUDE!!!!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

KungFu Grip posted:

LOOK AT THIS DUDE!!!!

he never said that

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Seth Rollins posted:

he never said that

he's 6 foot you son of a bitch

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

KungFu Grip posted:

he's 6 foot you son of a bitch

6 foot, that reminds me of a Serbian wrestler named Adam Cole... that's not Ciclope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Vagabundo posted:

The problem is that it's literally the same loving joke, right down to the same loving youtube video of that guy performatively screaming like a normal person about Adam Cole's height, like it's something that we're meant to give a toss about.

And the "come up with a better joke" crowd can get to gently caress with that poo poo too. How about you wankers not fill the entire page with the same repeated, boring and inane joke like it's an episode of Little Britain, for gently caress's sake.

You seem really mad.

How tall are you?