Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Pryor on Fire posted:

Wait I'm confused, are Raiders fans so awful that they still root for them in Las Vegas or are these all new fans who live in Vegas? either way lol

Who are the fans in Oakland supposed to root for now? Like, the Rams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Power of Pecota posted:

Who are the fans in Oakland supposed to root for now? Like, the Rams?

They rooted for the Raiders when they moved to LA, they're rooting for them now too

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

And there's probably still more Raiders fans in LA than there are Chargers fans in LA, haha

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I live in LA. I'm a Broncos fan because all my friends are Raiders fans.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

And there's probably still more Raiders fans in LA than there are Chargers fans in LA, haha

There are more Raiders fans in LA than Raiders fans in Oakland

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
At some point you become so invested in a team you don't care which city they play for. Over three decades ago, I became a Broncos fan because they were the local team growing up. If they ended up moving to Utah I would still root for them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Better Than You posted:

At some point you become so invested in a team you don't care which city they play for. Over three decades ago, I became a Broncos fan because they were the local team growing up. If they ended up moving to Utah I would still root for them.

Unless your identity is tied to whatever city you live in, which seems to be the case with most San Diegans

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

Wait I'm confused, are Raiders fans so awful that they still root for them in Las Vegas or are these all new fans who live in Vegas? either way lol
lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pryor on Fire posted:

we're the 1 the chiefs' 4-1 record lmfao

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Unless your identity is tied to whatever city you live in, which seems to be the case with most San Diegans

It's true, despite the number of transplants. I can forgive hating the Chargers based on Spanos though.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Sorry but I'm going to lol forever at anyone dumb enough to keep rooting for a millionaire that just jumps ship for a bigger tax handout in another city. Not even Browns fans are that loving stupid.

That's like rooting for British Petroleum after your spouse dies on the oil rig and have your shrimping business destroyed by the spill. You are the sucker in this relationship.

I remember Pat Bowlen pulling the same routine to get the new mile high stadium built, he kept threatening to move the team to Houston if he didn't get enough free taxpayer money here. That was the beginning of the end of my love of football, I can't even imagine how naive and bored you'd have to be to keep rooting for a silly logo after a billion dollar scam like that.

Pryor on Fire fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 23, 2020

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pryor on Fire posted:

Sorry but I'm going to lol forever at anyone dumb enough to keep rooting for a millionaire that just jumps ship for a bigger tax handout in another city. Not even Browns fans are that loving stupid.

That's like rooting for British Petroleum after your spouse dies on the oil rig and have your shrimping business destroyed by the spill. You are the sucker in this relationship.

I remember Pat Bowlen pulling the same routine to get the new mile high stadium built, he kept threatening to move the team to Houston if he didn't get enough free taxpayer money here. That was the beginning of the end of my love of football, I can't even imagine how naive and bored you'd have to be to keep rooting for a silly logo after a billion dollar scam like that.
cool

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean I hate Dean Spanos intensely but have you seen the new stadium and what his team is worth now? It's more than a "bigger tax handout". It sucks for Charger fans, I understand that. I just want people to comprehend the business side of the decision.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

I mean I hate Dean Spanos intensely but have you seen the new stadium and what his team is worth now? It's more than a "bigger tax handout". It sucks for Charger fans, I understand that. I just want people to comprehend the business side of the decision.

I still don't understand how the team's value jumps so high when they literally own nothing by way of the stadium, just simply being in los angeles where no one wants them.

I am not an economist

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I still don't understand how the team's value jumps so high when they literally own nothing by way of the stadium, just simply being in los angeles where no one wants them.

I am not an economist

most of the money comes from broadcast rights
and the value of broadcast rights is directly related to the media market
and the LA media market is the second-largest or largest in the country, the other being NYC. It was absurd that they had no football team for so long, and even splitting it in two the same way NYC is, it's still a huge amount more than the san diego metropolitan media market

https://mediatracks.com/resources/nielsen-dma-rankings-2020/
1/2 of LA's market is still bigger than every other market below the top five

coincidentally, the next largest media market in the country with no football team is sacramento, which is why I always thought the raiders should move there instead of las vegas, but I don't think sacramento was interested.

e. I guess now it's Orlando, with sactown the next one down the list.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 24, 2020

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

most of the money comes from broadcast rights
and the value of broadcast rights is directly related to the media market
and the LA media market is the second-largest or largest in the country, the other being NYC. It was absurd that they had no football team for so long, and even splitting it in two the same way NYC is, it's still a huge amount more than the san diego metropolitan media market

https://mediatracks.com/resources/nielsen-dma-rankings-2020/
1/2 of LA's market is still bigger than every other market below the top five

coincidentally, the next largest media market in the country with no football team is sacramento, which is why I always thought the raiders should move there instead of las vegas, but I don't think sacramento was interested.

e. I guess now it's Orlando, with sactown the next one down the list.

Kinda surprised St. Louis and Sacramento are ahead of San Diego

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
ross do u want melvin gordon back

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Better Than You posted:

ross do u want melvin gordon back

at vet minimum

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So far the man seems happy

https://twitter.com/LeVeonBell/status/1320520381002702848

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I really love Justin Herbert yall

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Drew Lock has looked abysmal, man :(

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Really bizarre game, Chiefs only had like 50 offensive snaps, felt like Mahomes barely was on the field for half the game, felt like Lindsay was running for 10 ypc, but look up and KC is leading by 30..?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

He throws the ball far and fast; it’s good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Really bizarre game, Chiefs only had like 50 offensive snaps, felt like Mahomes barely was on the field for half the game, felt like Lindsay was running for 10 ypc, but look up and KC is leading by 30..?

Pick sixes and special teams TDs are nice

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Still laughing at that botched flea flicker. Gordon can gently caress right off.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Better Than You posted:

Still laughing at that botched flea flicker. Gordon can gently caress right off.

I TOLD YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I thought Lindsay was wearing some sort of fur wrap around his neck for almost the whole game until I saw his picture and realized it was just his hair.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I haven't checked the score yet, surely Denver turned around and pulled this one off! WOO GO DENVER!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lock v Herbie week

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

I knew you were right the whole time. I should've said something sooner.

Broncos... please bring "Big" CJ Anderson out of retirement. Thank you.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Lock....bad?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Also Phillip Lindsay is good and I'm scared of him

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

Also Phillip Lindsay is good and I'm scared of him

Don't be because the Broncos look for any excuse not to use him for some stupid reason.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If Gordon fumbles against the Chargers i will laugh and laugh and laugh

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lindsay was getting the bulk of the carries yesterday until he got his bell rung

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Sure wish the Raiders would take Covid protocols seriously!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

I am happy for you Ross

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Drew Lock has looked abysmal, man :(

He's not great but he ain't helped by that trash rear end oline. :(

Adbot