Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

i mean those were entirely different people...? moon slayer was the one going too hard on comedy sixers and internet explorer was the one who probed for the joke

IE is not the only mod who probes for jokes, nor was MS the only mod to do comedy 6ers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The clear answer is to probe things that aren't funny, nor comedic in their probing.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Maestro posted:

IE is not the only mod who probes for jokes, nor was MS the only mod to do comedy 6ers

i mean yeah duh, but in the context of this discussion those were the two people/incidents we were talking about

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I think that the mod/admin positions are probably haunted by some kind of evil spirit that routinely possess them and is responsible for their bad decisions and meltdowns. So in a sense maybe they are the same person.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

christmas boots posted:

I think that the mod/admin positions are probably haunted by some kind of evil spirit that routinely possess them and is responsible for their bad decisions and meltdowns. So in a sense maybe they are the same person.

realistically speaking, i feel like in the olden times, a lot of the problem was just dealing with lowtax. if you were around him for long enough you either got infected with his shithead miasma or got tired of him and flamed out.

nowadays, now that lowtax is gone, i feel like the problem is more that 1) previous mod drama makes goons inclined to immediately hate anyone in positions of authority over them, meaning the mods in most subs have to walk on eggshells or it blows up in their face spectacularly, 2) the ownership situation has been utter chaos until basically a few days ago, and 3) this year has made everyone's mental health go straight down the toilet

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Nice self-congratulatory conspiracy theory poo poo, wankjobs. As always, people congratulating themselves on their big win by having driven somebody off or made them on flameout or whatever.

Literally, he just got a job where he didn't have enough time anymore. That's all that happened.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Mods are despicable until proven cool if you ask me.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Nice self-congratulatory conspiracy theory poo poo, wankjobs. As always, people congratulating themselves on their big win by having driven somebody off or made them on flameout or whatever.

Literally, he just got a job where he didn't have enough time anymore. That's all that happened.

There's nothing self-congratulatory about moderator ghosts, Pick. :colbert:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

encarta420 posted:

I like to cover my body in velveta and have a bunch of rats lick it off. Only on my upper body though because I wear a chastity belt.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Hi, Pick, I like your cat av!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pick posted:

wrap up the posting everyone, the oracle has spoken

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Hi, Pick, I like your cat av!

i like your skeleton more than your previous av

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pick posted:

And who exactly do you think hired him? :smugmrgw:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Either cop a ban as a poster or post long enough to become a mod.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

He got out in time, good for him. Ya bloody wankers.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I clicked through on that Crosby tweet, he followed up with "Oh poo poo, I forget he was dead. Wow, I really shouldn't have said that."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Maestro posted:

Mod: *hands out probation as a joke*
Also Mod: *probates poster for making a joke on a comedy website’s forums*

Probing for jokes is good only if the jokes aren’t funny.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Khanstant posted:

coffee snobs are aliens to me. I'm drinking some cold coffee I made yesterday afternoon. Usually i buy beans from winco but we're out so I'm just using some preground stuff, idk brand, i think it has vanilla who cares. it's a good bitter drink and drug, doesnt need to have weird plant or animal byproducts dumped in. doesnt need to be hot, the beans dont need everything at some specific temperature and steeping time, hit the button, drink the stuff. the first time i ever drank coffee it was sour because it had been sitting in the pot for weeks and i still liked it. you can straight up just eat the roasted coffee beans and its good. if i had my way nobody would even make coffee, we'd just make our beds out of wet mounds of coffeegrounds and you'd just suckle coffeedew from the night's sweat

one of my least favourite experiences is being in a situation where you have to pretend the extraneous labor that goes into a beanfreaks special methods are significant or impactful in any perceivable way.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Pick posted:

is this what the kids these days call boot licking?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Like many before him, he quit to “spend more time with [his] family”.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Like many before him, he quit to “spend more time with [his] family”.

You could say a lot of things about burt, but he never bullshits us that his family likes hanging out with him.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

:drat:

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

I have two personalities

nicest person you will ever meet

And...

twisted loving psychopath

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SpaceGoku posted:

my son is a growing boy who was tragically born with a crippling dependency on airlifted pecan pies and he just lost control of the internet forum that was funding his treatment regimen, how else am I to keep him happy and comfortable

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wife spending misc guy

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.

cantwellmuckenfuss posted:

LOL. I'm drunk and prob me but gently caress you to the guy who thinks voter suppression isn't a thing because his dumb, white rear end doesn't have a problem because he lives in small density county. I hope you never get cancer cause these big, bad cities have every amenity your hayrick couldn't gently caress a cow to achieve.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

loving cows cures cancer?

catapede posted:

That's not how herd immunity works

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
A bit of a derail was going on about dishwashers and doing dishes by hand and how skipping the rinse step made your food taste like soap.

Pissflaps posted:

I'm from the UK and I only perform a dedicated rinse on items where the bubbles might not be removable with a teatowel such as a narrowly necked bottle or the lid off a travel cup. On anything else it's simply not necessary.

Sagebrush posted:

Well, maybe not to someone with a British sense of taste, no.

Pissflaps posted:

I've eaten meatloaf my friend. Glass houses.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Why are all the posts in this thread years old? Where do you even find these?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I can’t speak for anyone else, but when I come across funny old posts, it’s usually because I searched for something and they came up as irrelevant but amusing results.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Meatloaf is delicious and some form of chopped, compressed meat exists in all cultures, especially goddamn white-rear end British. What a fucker.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

xtal posted:

Why are all the posts in this thread years old? Where do you even find these?

Because when Eoray's posting speedometer hits 88pph we get to see some poo poo.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Because when Eoray's posting speedometer hits 88pph we get to see some poo poo.

Pfff, my posting does that without any speed limitations

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Meatloaf is delicious and some form of chopped, compressed meat exists in all cultures, especially goddamn white-rear end British. What a fucker.

Slather it in parsley sauce and serve it next to jellied eels and it would blow Brits' socks off.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Which post is better*?
This one...

eatcha posted:

This is my innaugural post and I'm drunk,

Deerhoof - great innovative guitar work. Somewhere between "What the gently caress?" and "Fuckin' A!". Albums include "Apple O'", "Milkman" and the "Runners Four".

I've also got to back up the Television, especially "Marquee Moon", amazing album.

Four Tet's "Everything Ecstatic" is also a great listen

...or THIS one?

-=Rommel=- posted:

I just had a horrific hard drive crash which lost me about 60 GB of data. I now have a shiny, new, EMPTY hard drive. I lost everything, including all my bookmarks.

I was previously a member of those two friendly sharing places that once were connected to SA but aren't any longer. You know, that gentlemanly place where one could share certain items, as well as that other less focused place where one could share certain other larger pieces of information (the successor to the laundromat place).

Sorry for the double-talk but I'm trying to avoid a ban here.

Anyway, I can still remember my login and password, but I can't remember the address to the login page for either place. If someone could direct me that far, I would be very appreciative. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, just ignore this.

P.S. Also, I just tried to re-install Battlefield 2 and discovered that I must have thrown out the manual - which has the serial printed on it. I still have the case and the CD's. Am I screwed or is there some way to get a new serial without paying for the game again?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

Slather it in parsley sauce and serve it next to jellied eels and it would blow Brits' socks off.

And a bread sauce. What is bread sauce? No one really knows. It sits on the table and everyone eyes it suspiciously, but you know they would be surprised if it wasn't there the following year.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Bread Sauce is the little breads that have been hollowed out and filled with spinach and artichoke slurry.
What do they do with the bread that's been strip-mined out, though?

Asking for the goose that's holding my rolling papers hostage.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Bread Sauce is the little breads that have been hollowed out and filled with spinach and artichoke slurry.
What do they do with the bread that's been strip-mined out, though?

Asking for the goose that's holding my rolling papers hostage.

You eat it since it's objectively the best part of bread. In fact, you roll and knead it up into a dense ball, take small bites and chew it with a mouthful of milk. Thanks 3 year old me for showing us the LIGHT

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

From 2012, context: e-readers

Splizwarf posted:

It's pretty effective, I haven't been in a library in 10 years. Oh, maybe that was because I was worried about how many sets of dickbeaters had fondled the books I was reading. I dunno.

Well, anyway the point is the publishers won in the fight against me because I conceded and I don't read books anymore. Any time I get nostalgic about books and how I liked reading, I just go play a video game or get on the internet. gently caress 'em, they can keep their bat and their ball.

futurebot 2000 posted:

Anytime i feel like going for a run, I just eat a bag of Doritos instead. Suck it, Adidas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

You eat it since it's objectively the best part of bread. In fact, you roll and knead it up into a dense ball, take small bites and chew it with a mouthful of milk. Thanks 3 year old me for showing us the LIGHT

No i know what I would do with the mined out bread, im asking what they do with it.