Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

JOHN CENA posted:

this particularly felt like trying to answer without answering, trying to avoid giving an opinion either way but idk if thats necessarily scummy if pmush doesnt know where she sits with akbar

this feels like a weird projection from past experience, idk why it would be relevant how a newbie scum would be coached in a scumdoc that we don't have access to because we wouldn't rly see that influence in scum's posting if the're getting positive or negative affirmation from their partners, i could be wrong tho but i just dont see it

No that’s my read on them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's very strange seeing myself get analyzed at length without a conclusion either way. OMGU... don't suck?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I am weary of possible scum warming up to me because I tend to be susceptible to that sometimes. I'm not counting out the possibility that Sandwolf could be courting my favor by generally agreeing (or seeming to) with my perspective of the game so far, but it's a null read for me because I can't tell in this case if Sandwolf is inherently scummy for it. So I do feel a little better about Ceyton after that however ##unvote

And my case was based on you coming after me for D1 behavior that I could equally well accuse you of. Soooooo ##unvote for now

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Earlier I mentioned that Sandwolf had lept to DB's defense on multiple occasions. Here are the posts:

Sandwolf posted:

But zzyzx tell me why DB is scum for that?

And while I am always glad to have you on the team SNG I am also a little suspicious when you +1 my cases

Sandwolf posted:

Mmm, yeah, but couldn’t also DB just be talking about a color

Sandwolf posted:

don't like the vote on dick or any of the votes on dick sooOooo

Sandwolf posted:

I have personally been on at least four scum teams recently where we made at LEAST one (1) NK decision based on who was saying bad things we didn’t like during the day. I don’t know why amoeba was killed but DB looking into amoebas suspicions is as townie as it gets.

Ceyton and Obama appear to be on the same team though.

Sandwolf posted:

seems desperate to paint DB in a negative light, but I don't think DB has done anything scummy, and it FEELS a lot like they thought DB would be an easy lunch after yesterday and they're trying to hammer home how DB is scummy here and wow obviously everyone should vote there

it's scummy as hell

this isn't even taking into account all the snipey, shadey comments they're throwing my way now

(along with Ceyton:)

Ceyton why don't you explain why you think I'm scum. Bonus points if you don't use DB's name once.

That's in addition to piggybacking DB's case against me, and pushing it harder and with more aggressive tactics than DB ever did.

It appears to be a very one-sided relationship though. DB hardly ever mentions Sandwolf in his posts.

Why hitch your wagon so strongly to DB, Wolfie? You afraid of expressing any thoughts of your own? Maybe your plan was to sic the mob on me, then on D3 you could say "Hey don't blame me guys, DB persuaded me. LET'S GET HIM, FELLAS!"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what in the world is that post

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
In response to Dick's unvote.

Ceyton posted:

And my case was based on you coming after me for D1 behavior that I could equally well accuse you of. Soooooo ##unvote for now

Ceyton posted:

Earlier I mentioned that Sandwolf had lept to DB's defense on multiple occasions. Here are the posts:

That's in addition to piggybacking DB's case against me, and pushing it harder and with more aggressive tactics than DB ever did.

It appears to be a very one-sided relationship though. DB hardly ever mentions Sandwolf in his posts.

Why hitch your wagon so strongly to DB, Wolfie? You afraid of expressing any thoughts of your own? Maybe your plan was to sic the mob on me, then on D3 you could say "Hey don't blame me guys, DB persuaded me. LET'S GET HIM, FELLAS!"

Sandwolf posted:

Ceyton why don't you explain why you think I'm scum. Bonus points if you don't use DB's name once.

In my opinion your really painting yourself in a corner here. And there I was thinking you were more townie after your post yesterday....

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It’s definitely some weird logic to unvote DB and then continue to push Sandwolf for supposedly defending his scum buddy DB

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I only ever had a case against Dick because he was (hypocritically) attacking me for my D1 vote. Since he unvoted me, I figured I'd return the détente.

Hal Incandenza posted:

It’s definitely some weird logic to unvote DB and then continue to push Sandwolf for supposedly defending his scum buddy DB

Yesterday I thought Dick and Sandwolf were scum buddies... but after re-reading Dick's posts, his case against me was never very strong and he never pushed it very hard. Sandwolf did.

The theory I'm working with now is that scum's plan for D2 was to get either me or Dick launched, and set up the other to be the patsy on D3. But Sandwolf botched it by coming on too strong.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

To be clear, I'm still entertaining theories that Dick is scum, but I think Sandwolf is much more likely scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ceyton posted:

To be clear, I'm still entertaining theories that Dick is scum, but I think Sandwolf is much more likely scum.

Fair, but I am not totally clear on the Sandwolf case. Is it just that he hopped onto DBs case against you and was defending DB? I feel like Sandwolf thus far has been poking around and seeing what is up in a fairly townie way

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m scum for defending and ‘hitching my wagon’ to DB but you can’t decide if DB is scum or not so I’m either scum defending my scumbuddy or scum using town as a blind.

But either way, you’re walking back distinctly from “Sandwolf is scum” to “this is why Sandwolf is scum”

PMush what you think about that Ceyton post

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Dick Bastardly (2): Ceyton, zzyzx, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, ObamaAkbar., Ceyton
PMush Perfect (1): Sandwolf
Sandwolf (1): PMush Perfect
Ceyton (1): Dick Bastardly, Sandwolf, sandnavyguy, Sandwolf, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly
sandnavyguy (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect

Not Voting (5): Biaga, Ceyton, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, JOHN CENA

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 16th, 2020 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 41 minutes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If we only have like 12 posts again today I’m gonna be bummed.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

@John Cena, next time I see you post I'll be happy to engage with ur posting. I prefer the back-n-forth too.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'll also just keep talking to myself if no one says anything and no one wants to read that many posts by me

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Look, here is my input on the matter, and it hasn’t changed.

They Day 1 mislunched was likely a scum rush, a great opportunity to get rid of a townie early in a very low engagement game.

Of the votes, the last, second to last, and third to last should be highly scrutinized if it was in fact a scum rush, as these are the best points tactically to enforce a hammer. Most attention on the second to last, as the last vote could very well be a swayed townie.

The last vote was Pmush, and I don’t think it was scummy, just a mistake: I base this on the relative low engagement and the fact that if you didn’t look closely there were several votes in succession that could have hid the fact it was -1.

The second to last is Ceyton, and a solid pick on those grounds alone, further by the hoops others have gone to such as zz to shift blame. this is my pick based purely on the strategy of a scum rush, and barring some actual conversation into another gambit that could have feasibly been played, is where my vote will firmly stay.

Third to last was DB, who has been the target of scrutiny, sure, followed by a slew of invites? Is this bussing? Is this town just confused? I don’t know but maybe we’ll find out. They are my pick tomorrow, barring anything of note happening N2 or the rest of today.

Sorry for the lack of posting, It’s been very hectic IRL rn. Hopefully that should be done now though.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

*slew of unvotes

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

As for Obama, I’m reading them as null atm, and for sandwolf as an honesty frustrated town at lack of posts.

Zz I feel is the dark horse scum, based on their engagement with both Ceyton and DB

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess I don't see why it would be a scumrush, can't rule it out but what's the point? There wasn't really some second option floating out there that they were worried might be the next to go.

Like if there a reason to vote Ceyton (I think there is) or DB (not seeing it as much) outside of the fact that they were late Squiggly votes, fine. But if your whole case is those votes that's not good

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess I don't see why it would be a scumrush, can't rule it out but what's the point? There wasn't really some second option floating out there that they were worried might be the next to go.

Like if there a reason to vote Ceyton (I think there is) or DB (not seeing it as much) outside of the fact that they were late Squiggly votes, fine. But if your whole case is those votes that's not good

I don't think SNG's original premise is bad (those three votes is where I instinctively went to look too) but it's bad that he's not coloring in any of his reads with posts from today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Biaga also needs to post more.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

deadline is in 8 and a half hours is literally anyone gonna be around

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Fair, but I am not totally clear on the Sandwolf case. Is it just that he hopped onto DBs case against you and was defending DB? I feel like Sandwolf thus far has been poking around and seeing what is up in a fairly townie way

He literally just emptyquoted Dick's case and started laying into me. He didn't give his own thoughts as to why he believed it was worth pursuing over the other D1 bandwagon voters, nor did he seem to notice or care about Dick's hypocrisy in going after me. IMO this is a responsibility-dodging tactic and is inherently scummy.

He's also been casting suspicions on several different posters for defending me, or for questioning Dick. I don't think town benefits from chilling effects.

As for the defending - it's a matter of degrees, and he's been doing it a lot. Why would a townie be so invested in taking up the mantle for another poster? If Sandwolf is town, he can't know whether Dick is town (unless he's another cop or they're masons, etc., but that's very unlikely). Why not just let Dick defend himself?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don’t really want to vote Ceyton now, more into ##vote SNG

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Because as a town member Ceyton it is my responsibility to get people who I think are scum lunched. It is NOT my responsibility to come up with scenarios where any player can be scum or town. DB has given me townie vibes and was almost lunched D1 in like 3 games and he was town in all of them. I am getting a town vibe from him here.

If you want to call me scum for that, that’s fine, but it’s not the scummiest thing in the world to have the audacity to defend someone I don’t think is scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I still get a vibe from Ceyton that he is more interested in looking for a lunch target today rather than looking for scum.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don’t really want to vote Ceyton now, more into ##vote SNG

I'd be game for this one if there's no momentum for DB. The "it has to be the last three voters, so if it's not PMush it's 50/50 on the other two" still sounds very artificial to me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’ll vote SNG to prevent a NL for shore but I am not getting strong scum or town pings from him this game

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Wait what? What on earth is the case on me?

Because I’m sticking to a dry logical vote when engagement has been as shallow as a puddle? Not much to get wet with, in part my fault but there are over 10 other people here. And I did adjust my vote, to include the likelihood of zz being scummy because of their posting today trying to shift blame away from Ceyton and bus DB, evidences by all the unvotes without actual alternatives.

And it’s not articficial to focus on voting patterns, especially with a quick D1 like that pretty barren of actual cases.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'll be here for my lunch break, just walking into work now

not into a sng vote, i dont sense hes scum from the content hes provided thus far and a vote on him feels like scum trying to roll onto a traditional easy target

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

I'll be here for my lunch break, just walking into work now

not into a sng vote, i dont sense hes scum from the content hes provided thus far and a vote on him feels like scum trying to roll onto a traditional easy target

I think I agree with this, SNG feels like a little bit of lurker lunch, but with enough content to nail to a wall. Why not Biaga?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

:justpost:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Alright, here's something.

Rereading PMush, her posts just after her hammer post of "Oh that was hammer" and then "God scum please just NK me" feel a bit perfomative. Furthermore, she's not done much today, a lazy vote on SNG, a somewhat more serious vote on me, and then largely disappeared. PMush does not seem to care about finding scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Alright, here's something.

Rereading PMush, her posts just after her hammer post of "Oh that was hammer" and then "God scum please just NK me" feel a bit perfomative. Furthermore, she's not done much today, a lazy vote on SNG, a somewhat more serious vote on me, and then largely disappeared. PMush does not seem to care about finding scum.

I could see this for sure

I don’t like your weird agreement with Cena post though, if you felt that way why didn’t you say it in your post shortly before where you were “neutral” about SNG

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sorry I haven’t posted for a bit, very long day, got about 20 minutes before I have to sleep soooo...

I still feel pretty strong about DB as scum although I do agree with sandwolf about Pmush, sorry if I was a bit terse earlier, need to learn to take things a bit less personal in this game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

I could see this for sure

I don’t like your weird agreement with Cena post though, if you felt that way why didn’t you say it in your post shortly before where you were “neutral” about SNG

because I don't really have a strong read on SNG one way or another, I don't see this as his town or scum game, but I am very sincerely reading it as a him-being-busy game. Because of that, I think he'd make an easy lunch target don't really want to lunch him, but I would also vote him to prevent a NL because like I said, he's not necessarily giving me *strong* town vibes.

for example:

sandnavyguy posted:

Because I’m sticking to a dry logical vote when engagement has been as shallow as a puddle? Not much to get wet with, in part my fault but there are over 10 other people here. And I did adjust my vote, to include the likelihood of zz being scummy because of their posting today trying to shift blame away from Ceyton and bus DB, evidences by all the unvotes without actual alternatives.

I can see this post as town SNG knowing what he's saying is actually a strong point and sticking to his guns. I could also see it as scumNG saying 'this is a valid point, why are you casing me for the wrong reasons.' but more than anything it feels like someone who has a kernal he feels is true and is sticking to it because he's largely busy. I don't get a negative intent in it, it seems like he wants to find scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

God dammit, WoW is eating my brain, guess I'd better catch up.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Honestly I should straight up reread, but I don't have the focus for that right now.

Sandwolf posted:

PMush what you think about that Ceyton post
It's... internally consistent? The logic is shaky, but all of it is clearly coming from a place of OMGUS. I'd think if Cey scum, he'd lay off once it became obvious that they were catching a lot of heat for it. So I'm actually leaning town on Ceyton now, rather than it just being philosophical reason to not want to vote them. I don't put a lot of weight into the validity of their arguments about SW being scum, that's something I'll have to decide on my own, but I believe that they believe it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: I'd think if Cey was scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Biaga also needs to post more.

after my zealous action day one, I think I need to re-calibrate and step back (this is also because I got too engaged in another game and talked myself into a twist and people dog pilled me like a fat kid at a cannibal convention). Honestly, Creyton screams scum to me - but there is a solid toss up on who is his scum-ally.

That all being said, I barked up the wrong tree day one.