Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Each and every one of you already has a perfectly good skull. Don't get greedy.

Yeah but if having one skull is great imagine having another, or two more, or a billion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

TontoCorazon posted:

Yeah but if having one skull is great imagine having another, or two more, or a billion?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Picnic Princess posted:

Each and every one of you already has a perfectly good skull. Don't get greedy.

You can't prove that and I'll never admit to it in front of witnesses.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
My skull is poo poo, just absolute garbage.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Desert Bus posted:

Why is Kali making the ahegao face?

I assume that is to represent that she is all hosed up on demon blood.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

OwlFancier posted:

This is in fact true of everyone making the ahegao face.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

I guess old Hindu stories count as social media. If they don't I am sorry for the rambling story. Also, different regions in India may have different versions of this story, this is the version I was told by my Grandma.

I love a good story, and this is a very good one.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

When 💤😲 you 🤔🙋 are alive, ♍ the "Shiva" resides in 🏠 YOU. When your 👄💋👠📥 life 👪👼🔥 cycle ends, you reside in SHIVA. 🙏 👐👌 Happy Mahashivratri! ❤ ℹ💝 May 💖🌌 the "Destroyer" destroy all the 🗺 problems of your life.😁

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/germanrlopez/status/1318313163302076416?s=19

This is in response to Jeffrey Toobin masturbating on a zoom call

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Henchman of Santa posted:

https://twitter.com/germanrlopez/status/1318313163302076416?s=19

This is in response to Jeffrey Toobin masturbating on a zoom call

poo poo has everyone else been masturbating on zoom calls? Did I miss the boat on this trend?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

I guess old Hindu stories count as social media. If they don't I am sorry for the rambling story. Also, different regions in India may have different versions of this story, this is the version I was told by my Grandma.

Hindu mythology stories are better than any of the Greek/Roman/Norse mythology stories, but I have yet to find a good book that organizes them in English. The best I've found is R. K. Narayan's collection, but he picks and chooses what he thinks is most exciting. I want like a chapter on each of the major gods and goddesses and their avatars, and then a chapter on the minor gods and asuras. Basically, The Little Book of Hindu Deities but with more detail.

You wouldn't think it would be hard, what with 1.2 billion people currently practicing Hinduism. Pretty rude of them not to cater to a secular white American gal's needs, imo. :colbert:

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Thump! posted:

poo poo has everyone else been masturbating on zoom calls? Did I miss the boat on this trend?

Yup, it's a new game called Among Us

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

OwlFancier posted:

Freshly squeezed demon blood, mind you. It's no good from concentrate.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

had a good one when i was a teenager but it was pretty much just about Rama

which i probably only picked up because i loved mythology and wanted to read about the namesake of the Arthur C. Clarke books

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

FFT posted:

wanted to read about the namesake of the Arthur C. Clarke books

Book, singular. There's only one and it's drat good and didn't need terrible sequels.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Assuming it actually ends at this point: Yes, it does.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Thump! posted:

Just the little man

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah Shiva's a dude. Blame Final Fantasy for making people think otherwise.
Also Mortal Kombat (although the spelling is different).

Fister Roboto posted:

poo poo like this makes me wonder why anyone would ever bother following a boring religion like Christianity.
Christianity has some good stuff in it too, it's just that the birth and death of Jesus get all the attention.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Cloacamazing! posted:

Assuming it actually ends at this point: Yes, it does.

I have bad news:

(Original tweet has been deleted)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Who jerked off on zoom? I logged on to twitter too late and now theyre talking about something else

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Procrastine posted:

I have bad news:

(Original tweet has been deleted)

I mean, it's a weird thing to just randomly say and who cares about this guy's opinion, but he's right.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Desert Bus posted:

Why is Kali making the ahegao face?

ahegao is just homer simpson erasure

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Ambitious Spider posted:

ahegao is just homer simpson erasure

missing an important detail

warning: cursed:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Tiggum posted:

Christianity has some good stuff in it too, it's just that the birth and death of Jesus get all the attention.

Old testament is bonkers.

Just look at what angels are described as looking like

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

hyperhazard posted:

Hindu mythology stories are better than any of the Greek/Roman/Norse mythology stories, but I have yet to find a good book that organizes them in English. The best I've found is R. K. Narayan's collection, but he picks and chooses what he thinks is most exciting. I want like a chapter on each of the major gods and goddesses and their avatars, and then a chapter on the minor gods and asuras. Basically, The Little Book of Hindu Deities but with more detail.

You wouldn't think it would be hard, what with 1.2 billion people currently practicing Hinduism. Pretty rude of them not to cater to a secular white American gal's needs, imo. :colbert:

When I was a kid, Dad used to bring us back these comics that had all the silly lengendary stories about gods and stuff in them.

I had a couple of Krishna ones, One that described all the main Vishnu incarnations, (of which Krishna himself is one), and a fucktonne of ones about the Pandava princes and Birbal+Akbar.

Unfortunately, they were printed on bad quality cheap indian paper, and as such have been lost to time, which is a pity as my niece is just about the right age where she would love them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Who jerked off on zoom? I logged on to twitter too late and now theyre talking about something else

The New Yorker’s Jeffrey Toobin, perhaps best known for writing The People vs. O.J. Simpson. He was playing the part of the Supreme Court in an election simulation.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Henchman of Santa posted:

The New Yorker’s Jeffrey Toobin, perhaps best known for writing The People vs. O.J. Simpson. He was playing the part of the Supreme Court in an election simulation.

Just another dude who took his roleplaying too seriously.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/HISTORYUK/status/1318073947515199489

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Shiva has powerful himbo energy.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

"See, History channel does more than talk about the Nazis. Check out this neat woodworking.........................."

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

When I was a kid, Dad used to bring us back these comics that had all the silly lengendary stories about gods and stuff in them.

I had a couple of Krishna ones, One that described all the main Vishnu incarnations, (of which Krishna himself is one), and a fucktonne of ones about the Pandava princes and Birbal+Akbar.

Unfortunately, they were printed on bad quality cheap indian paper, and as such have been lost to time, which is a pity as my niece is just about the right age where she would love them.

This is probably Amar Chitra Katha which you should probably be able to find online too these days. I'm pretty sure they're peak indian childhood comics. Actually pretty sure I owned all the ones you described but they're similarly lost to time after we sold my grandparents home.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Garrand posted:

"See, History channel does more than talk about the Nazis. Check out this neat woodworking.........................."

"88 is the year his father died!"

"Okay, what happened on the 23rd of sixteenvember?"

Dude's got bare minimum 5 tattoos on his face alone that are clear neo-nazi symbols.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/conor64/status/1318333691999911936

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Baron von Eevl posted:

"88 is the year his father died!"

"Okay, what happened on the 23rd of sixteenvember?"

Dude's got bare minimum 5 tattoos on his face alone that are clear neo-nazi symbols.

Oh, no no no. It's German, you see. It means the jews the.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I feel like a non-zero number of these guys almost got caught just like Toobin. It’s not hard to not beat it at work, folks.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Don’t jerk off on Zoom calls, and learn what Occam’s Razor is.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok but can I still jerk off while listening to moviefone?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Freaquency posted:

I feel like a non-zero number of these guys almost got caught just like Toobin. It’s not hard to not beat it at work, folks.

If you work from home and want to beat it on the company dime that's your business, just don't do it on a loving zoom call with all of your colleagues. Even if you think they won't be able to see or hear you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Necrothatcher posted:

I mean, it's a weird thing to just randomly say and who cares about this guy's opinion, but he's right.

Hank Green is a big influencer with teens (he and his brother, the young adult novelist John Green, have a popular YouTube educational series called Crash Course), so this opinion actually has some impact.