Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
You haven’t digested every single word ever published or spoken by Kermit therefore you can’t critique his “body of work” is truly some gotcha bullshit.

Jordan Peterson himself would be quite proud Mr. Womenshouldstayinthekitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson stuck in his car because he locked his keys out but he doesn't know how to work the child safety locks.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

huh posted:

I want to understand the hate for this man. But I just don't. I get pointing out hypocrisy - but it's so loving basic and boring and pointless.

It's because he's a vile bigot, OP

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

huh posted:

You know Peterson's position. You know the arguments for/against. I agree with his opinion on compelled speech.

Compelled speech doesn't exist :ssh:

E: nevermind, he stopped JAQing off

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 24, 2020

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

huh posted:

It just seems like hysteria. Look at the size of this thread. Madness.

Were months into a pandemic unnecessarily killing thousands of Americans because people like JP have thoroughly rotted away the brains of millions. Reality is breaking down in real time and pseudo intellectuals with Twitter accounts are dictating public policy now. If you think criticism of these people is hysteria at this point you're loving dense.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 24, 2020

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
This idiot goes from "I agree with his opinion that trans rights are compelled speech" and then calls this thread hysteria lmao. JBP's entire gimmick is hysteria!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's weird how every time some dipshit comes in saying that the perfidious trans people are coming to take away your free speech suddenly dissapear once you explain that no, that's not actually happening and only the most gullible rubes think it is.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Who What Now posted:

It's weird how every time some dipshit comes in saying that the perfidious trans people are coming to take away your free speech suddenly dissapear once you explain that no, that's not actually happening and only the most gullible rubes think it is.

One thing I knew when I was young and then kind of of got decorumed out of me for a little while but I accept again, is that when someone is making excuses for bigotry there's really no point in engaging them in honest discussion.

Because their arguments are just window dressing, and the bigotry is the point. No excuses for bigotry, no free speech for fascists.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Another Bill posted:

One thing I knew when I was young and then kind of of got decorumed out of me for a little while but I accept again, is that when someone is making excuses for bigotry there's really no point in engaging them in honest discussion.

Because their arguments are just window dressing, and the bigotry is the point. No excuses for bigotry, no free speech for fascists.

That old line about how anti-semites are always just playing, they are never engaging in good faith, and will just go silent when presented with actual arguments. It's pretty much the same with all racism. It's not intellectual, it's always a game, a hobby, a form of escapism.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lol thank you to whoever mod changed the thread title

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I think it's reasonable to be mad that a bunch of milquetoast academics with nothing to say are dominating discussions around race and sexuality, especially when they're saying things about minority groups they know nothing about.

I'm gay, people like JP and Shapiro have framed my attempts at getting the same rights they have as an attack on the western world. I'm compared to communists and authoritarians for wanting mutual respect.

I prefer tackling class over identity politics, but every person I know that stans for JP is a white guy who will never know what its like to have people seen as credible intellectuals suggest you shouldn't have rights, or that you're part of an insidious plot to erode Christianity.

I'm not gonna be kind or charitable to people like that and anyone who defends them can eat poo poo.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 24, 2020

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lmao another one guys. Tell us more about how he resonates with you.

lol just keep being mad online

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Another Bill posted:

The telling part of Jorps cult of personality is how supporters ground the conversation by hand-waving about personal responsibility before launching into
their multi-paragraph defences of race science/transphobia.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson sucking on a dishrag

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sunswipe posted:

Every time I see this thread title, I mentally add "In Pog form!" to the end.

I'm still doing this but slightly quieter, so now it makes it sound like the thread title is echoing.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson eating yogurt out of a slipper

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

“This Hitler guy seems like a bad dude, but I haven’t read Mein Kampf yet so I should probably withhold judgment until I’ve got ALL the facts...”

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
man its so good to be back

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Jordan Peterson: Clean your room and you won't do drugs.

*lives in a pig pen and loves drugs

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 24, 2020

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Elderbean posted:

Jordan Peterson: Clean your room and you won't do drugs.

*lives in a pig pen and loves drugs

Uhh unless you've actually seen him use drugs repeatedly and spent time in his bedroom you don't know what you're talk[LOUD WET FART NOISE FOLLOWED BY WEEPING]

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I, someone who has never heard of Jordan B Peterson before, believe that no one is qualified to say whether or not the stupidest ideas on the planet are good or bad.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson dying in a WWI trench because he couldn't tell the difference between mustard gas and his own meat farts.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Peterson has been around for years at this point and his fans have been using the exact same augments about him the entire time with no reflection whatsoever about why nobody is convinced by them

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Fun fact: the B in Jordan B Peterson stands for Benzodiazepine

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson pissed on by Ben Shapiro causing a matter anti-matter reaction

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Jordan Peterson pissed on by Ben Shapiro causing a matter anti-matter reaction

This implies that one of them matters

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

thathonkey posted:

man its so good to be back

Welcome back. I still miss afro cat.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Rutibex posted:

lol thank you to whoever mod changed the thread title

ty mods.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Behind the Bastards covered Peterson this week and the revelations are absolutely hilarious.

Before his health went to poo poo last year Peterson was convinced his wife was having prophetic doomsday dreams and had planned to buy an actual church because he believed he was the savior who could prevent them.

Yes, Kermit went full on mask off cult leader.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It sounds like he started to take the mask off and :effort:ed halfway through like he does with everything else

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Mokinokaro posted:

Before his health went to poo poo last year Peterson was convinced his wife was having prophetic doomsday dreams and had planned to buy an actual church because he believed he was the savior who could prevent them.

I can see paying Russians to drug you unconscious and inject meat into you as preferable to this reality.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

huh posted:

Thanks Ghost. That's all the term is used for? Exclusively? Strangely specific.

It's an idea imported directly from the Nazis. Not talking general white supremacists or Atomwaffen or whatever, but from the actual Nazi party under Adolph Hitler

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
how long 'til jorp is back on benzos

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

RottenK posted:

how long 'til jorp is back on benzos

He's got the right temperature to shelter you from the storm.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Are there any pics or vids of him
- smiling laughing and having a good time
- blotto on valium?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

huh posted:

I bet no one on this thread is familiar enough with his body of work to be properly critical of it.

Well I AM Jordan Peterson. You're not wrong though.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Carlos Lantana posted:

Are there any pics or vids of him
- smiling laughing and having a good time
- blotto on valium?

Jordan Peterson smiled once and his whole family almost died.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
people like jordan peterson arent capable of experiencing joy and i for one am glad

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I absolutely cannot picture him telling a joke.

"Two men walk into a bar. And the bar, the bar represents chaos, because there is little social cohesion due to the consumption of alcohol breaking down the natural social contract that we all follow. And yet there is also great order, as we see the biggest and strongest men easily taking the most resources in the form of the destructive females. Furthermore-"

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson joke: "Man look like woman, me can't tell if man or woman. Laugh now."