Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Imo people should stop engaging with wwe in general like how the old tna threads used to go

This is pretty much already happening, no? When Raw GDT's have dropped to 2-3 pages from what I'm pretty sure was dozens when I started posting here, and NXT doesn't warrant a single post when it airs, I feel like we're well past the point of not engaging. I actually like that because it's a better bellwether for WWE's plummeting popularity than just about any other metric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the WWE does a far better job of embarrassing the people who invest multiple hours of their week in watching the product than any poo poo post in a GDT could ever do so why bother

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

yea ok posted:

Who is dying on a hill? Why do people say poo poo like that? Christ

“Hill to die on” is another overused catchphrase by goons to the point the phrase has lost all meaning. It simply means now “stop disagreeing with me”

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Here’s some feedback: we could use some new thread icons for WWE, Impact, and ROH. All three have changed their logos since 2006. Anyway, thanks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Good idea! I've made a thread here for looking at the ones I think could probably use updating, and am happy to have people make suggestions for updated or potential new tags in there.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
in light of SA Forums Poster's probe in the UFC thread, a full day after everyone already called him an rear end in a top hat for his dumb posts and he apologized and the thread moved on from it, i would like to ask jerusalem to let us keep running our own community unless something actually warrants mod attention. this worked in this instance and has also worked really well in the past. that's why two of our own posters are IKs. to me it seems pointless throwing around punitive week long probes when, clearly, the matter had been put to rest already.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I got a good amount of feedback re: that probe. I do think it was an astonishingly horrible series of posts and definitely deserved a hefty probation, they certainly generated a large number of reports. But based on the (very helpful, articulate and thoughtful) feedback I've gotten from posters involved in the discussion, the fact the week went through fairly late, and SA Forums Poster actually apologizing in thread, I have requested the admins to knock it down to a day. If they approve, that should effectively turn the week into a 3-dayer from the time of the original posts which I still think is appropriate given just how bad the posts were.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It is a 21 year tradition of this stupid place that people are:

A: Willing to risk being unfunny in the pursuit of funny
B: Absolutely willing to tell others they aren't funny if their joke bombs.

When we start, like, legislating jokes, I feel like we're abandoning the one virtue these forums have had. Just be funny, and don't get offended if someone tells you your joke sucks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am very mad that the street beefs thread was gassed due to the battle between a troll—or "bear poker" if you prefer—and a violent psychopath. please put the thread back where it is supposed to go, or confirm that a new one can be made without incident.

I just looked into it more and I guess it wasn't going to gather many more posts after people stopped laughing at it and started complaining about exploited fighters. I'm not very mad anymore. I'm going to calm down.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 25, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looks like the guy who was running the events went insane, threw a complete tantrum and demanded a poster who disagreed with them online come fight them IRL like it was 2003. Mekchu was keeping an eye on the thread and made the right call that it had gone far enough and gassed the thread.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I agree with the decision of locking the thread for sure but after the classic meltdown Marching Powder got out of that nutcase it probably should have been goldmined instead of gassed lol

Its been a while since we've had a keyboard warrior comeback from a broken brain I think, that's a pretty old school reaction

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't totally understand closing it instead of just bouncing that guy but whatever, it was fairly dead anyways. Very funny meltdown.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

After an old school meltdown like that a nearly dead thread would probably have to be remade anyway for any hope for actual discussion - it's tough to have anything happen but page after page of dunks and lol's at that point

staguar
Aug 29, 2004
drat, I was just about to ask what happened to the Street Beefs thread.

Will we be able to get a new one so that we can continue to get Rising Phoenix updates, but hopefully without the threats of violence?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Orange Carlisle posted:

I agree with the decision of locking the thread for sure but after the classic meltdown Marching Powder got out of that nutcase it probably should have been goldmined instead of gassed lol

Just agreeing with this lol

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

It wasn't even the first time someone had been challenged to a fight in that thread lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I just think we should be challenging each other to more fights honestly

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just want to reiterate that the Street Beefs thread for many readers wasn't so much "wow let's watch these good fights that people are doing" and more of a "ok let's see what these weirdos are up to now" reality TV drama. I don't think I've watched one of their fights in months but I still read the thread.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

NienNunb posted:

I just think we should be challenging each other to more fights honestly

This is the new forums era we should accept

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

After an old school meltdown like that a nearly dead thread would probably have to be remade anyway for any hope for actual discussion - it's tough to have anything happen but page after page of dunks and lol's at that point

Fair, the guy is one of the reasons the thread died anyways. No one wants to listen to a dude insist his backyard fight club is totally legal and would actually get in trouble if they did pay and it's cool cause a cop told him it was.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah im not opposed to there being another streetbeefs thread as long as theres an agreed upon understanding that the concept of streetbeefs is really loving stupid.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yeah im not opposed to there being another streetbeefs thread as long as theres an agreed upon understanding that the concept of streetbeefs is really loving stupid.

Maybe the thread rule could be "do not touch the poop"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

"poop, please don't show up and beg to be touched"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

if you challenge someone to a fight in the streetbeefs thread you have to pay for their plane ticket or I ban you

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

if you challenge someone to a fight in the streetbeefs thread you have to pay for their plane ticket or I ban you

Can you also add that you have to make a fight promo in video form toward that person before paying for their ticket

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Making someone take a flight these days is more life-threatening than actually fighting them.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Orange Carlisle posted:

Can you also add that you have to make a fight promo in video form toward that person before paying for their ticket

Yes.

Also, please no goon shootfights during a pandemic

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Can someone in Hawaii try and fight me? I need a vacation.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If Cav is gonna get a sixer for being rude at least give the jerk who was nasty to him in the first place (and never apologized) one as well, imo.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

If Cav is gonna get a sixer for being rude at least give the jerk who was nasty to him in the first place (and never apologized) one as well, imo.

Agreed. The originator of the hate was out of line and out of left field. Cav doesn’t bother anyone except the rare and random person who reacts like a jerk to their posts.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it’s just a sixer but that was a bad probe unless you also plan to ping liquid communism.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cav lashed out in a complete over-reaction to getting called out for repeating their earlier gimmicky post, and it got reported by people who want that thread to be for actually talking about bad wrestling gimmicks and not dredging up old forums bullshit. The post was bad enough that Cav even apologized for making it in the first place, and a sixer is a reasonable reminder not to do that type of thing. LC's post really doesn't compare in my opinion.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

you can nominate me and i'll nominate you for that extremely embarrassing april fools thing

EDIT. i'm sorry. i doubt it was embarrassing. i read what you said, and it hurt my feelings so i felt my only recourse was to try and say something mean, but it rings hollow. Sorry again

what an overreaction. just completely unacceptable lashing out. clearly cav doing the thing he always does of apologizing for what he said was him expressing genuine remorse and a desire to be punished

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

Is there room in the contest to nominate Cavauro? Because I've seen some bad gimmicks, but this posting tops them.

Perfectly fine thing to drop into the thread.

Cavauro posted:

you can nominate me and i'll nominate you for that extremely embarrassing april fools thing

Lashing out in a complete over-reaction.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Jerusalem posted:

Cav lashed out in a complete over-reaction to getting called out for repeating their earlier gimmicky post, and it got reported by people who want that thread to be for actually talking about bad wrestling gimmicks and not dredging up old forums bullshit. The post was bad enough that Cav even apologized for making it in the first place, and a sixer is a reasonable reminder not to do that type of thing. LC's post really doesn't compare in my opinion.

You’re a loving idiot

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

can we add "baiting other posters is allowed" to the rules then?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Can we stop calling Cav a gimmick because they’re genuinely most sincere person i’ve talked to on here. Eccentric is not their gimmick it’s who they are and they always contribute good stuff to the forum in my opinion.

Their post on Punk was an opinion and they backed it up with arguments one could agree or disagree with. I know this forum has a history of bad faith posters but we should for the most part take people at their opinions as they represent them I feel.